Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by wj4

I stay thirsty to go to the gym. I wake up, eat my cereal and a banana, and drink my whey protein. An hour later I'm at the gym. I'm souping up my routine..in addition to the 6 sessions a week I used to do, I'm adding 2-3 classes of spinning in the afternoon.

I'm trying to get that 6 pack by summer of 2010. I got 2 now, the other 4 are on layaway.
laugh.gif

Sunday is the only day that I don't go to the gym, and sometimes I feel like I've been lazy of it.

Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. You didn't get fat in a day and you won't get fit in a day.
i remember i sent a pic of my body to a girl and she text back "ummm ok four pack" and i said "#+@@ you im still working on theother two dont play me"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by wj4

I stay thirsty to go to the gym. I wake up, eat my cereal and a banana, and drink my whey protein. An hour later I'm at the gym. I'm souping up my routine..in addition to the 6 sessions a week I used to do, I'm adding 2-3 classes of spinning in the afternoon.

I'm trying to get that 6 pack by summer of 2010. I got 2 now, the other 4 are on layaway.
laugh.gif

Sunday is the only day that I don't go to the gym, and sometimes I feel like I've been lazy of it.

Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. You didn't get fat in a day and you won't get fit in a day.

You're gonna burn out in less than a month.

Good luck.
I've been doing my 6 days a week routine for the last 6 months now. I used to do 7 days a week until I forced myself to take Sundays off. This is all I do right now..gym and studying for the cert exam.
laugh.gif
Prior to the spinning class, I've just been playing basketball or walking up/downthese hills with a 20 lb weighed vest. I also stopped drinking alcohol completely and stopped eating stupid food (for the most part)...it's a newlifestyle and I plan to stick with it.

I had consider going back to Muay Thai and pick up BJJ too. But sparring with braces suck. Even with a mouth guard, it still leaves some cuts.

Going to the gym daily gets addictive, especially if your serious about it and not one of those people that stop going once they're like 2 months in. Trustonce you start it's hard to stop, and you don't want to anyway, i've been there and i aint going back. I'm not dealing with the soreness allover again.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by wj4

I stay thirsty to go to the gym. I wake up, eat my cereal and a banana, and drink my whey protein. An hour later I'm at the gym. I'm souping up my
routine..in addition to the 6 sessions a week I used to do, I'm adding 2-3 classes of spinning in the afternoon.

laugh.gif

i remember i sent a pic of my body to a girl and she text back "ummm ok four pack" and i said "$%%! you im still working on the other two dont play me"
roll.gif

Simp
smh.gif

JP Lol send the pictures she sent you my way..

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

Going to the gym daily gets addictive, especially if your serious about it and not one of those people that stop going once they're like 2 months in. Trust once you start it's hard to stop, and you don't want to anyway, i've been there and i aint going back. I'm not dealing with the soreness all over again.
Word. I'm about to go back to my homeland for my cousin's wedding and I did my research ahead of time on the hotels with adequate gyms. No way am I going 2 whole weeks without working out.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by HipHopJunkie

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

look in the mirror and ask if this is how you would like to look. Or just find a friend who already goes to motivate you.
Yup lookin in the mirror works for me... also watchin youtube vids
i swear i look in the mirror at least 20 times a day no joke at all
laugh.gif

take off your shirt, go to the beach... stare at girls then try to notice what their reaction is when u stare at them.

chances are, they will smile slyly back if you are well equipped with broad shoulders/flat stomach and are fit/attractive

or

they will scoff at u if u have a body similar to the Michelin man.

girls scoffing at your blubber will be enough for me to workout on a daily basis. if u still dont have motivation after that, u should take a pair of scissorsand snip your penis off.

i'm hittin the track at the school down the street tomorrow...i used to run track so hopefully a decent playlist will keep me going...

Look in the mirror.

Either you feel good about yourself, or you feel bad about yourself.

Either way, it's motivation.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Vancity74

wj4 wrote:

I stay thirsty to go to the gym. I wake up, eat my cereal and a banana, and drink my whey protein. An hour later I'm at the gym. I'm souping up my
routine..in addition to the 6 sessions a week I used to do, I'm adding 2-3 classes of spinning in the afternoon.

laugh.gif

You're gonna burn out in less than a month.

Good luck.
I've been doing my 6 days a week routine for the last 6 months now. I used to do 7 days a week until I forced myself to take Sundays off. This is all I do right now..gym and studying for the cert exam.
laugh.gif
Prior to the spinning class, I've just been playing basketball or walking up/down these hills with a 20 lb weighed vest. I also stopped drinking alcohol completely and stopped eating stupid food (for the most part)...it's a new lifestyle and I plan to stick with it.

I had consider going back to Muay Thai and pick up BJJ too. But sparring with braces suck. Even with a mouth guard, it still leaves some cuts.

And I guarantee you'd be seeing way better results with a 3/4 day routine. Rest is essential to growth. Working out 6 days a week leaves your bodybasically no time to recover.

I just started back up yesterday. Wasnt bad but machines are a lot different from free weights
grin.gif

Its a start.

I've been doing manual labor of some type since I was 12 (14 years ago) so being out of shape makes me feel kind of weird. This college crap certainlyisn't keeping me in shape
laugh.gif

look at what this kid can do

If you don't start now, this kid will grow up and be able to kick your *%$! now go!

the best way to get back to the gym is to man up and just go..i didnt lift today but i went back to my MMA gym after not going for almost 2 months..i feel$%@!$@# great right now. granted i almost threw up after class, i still feel great
laugh.gif

dont tell yourself "ill go tomorrow, ill go in 20 minutes" etc just get up and go and youll be glad u did

Van-I don't work out on the same muscle groups BTW. Monday and Thursday = back, biceps. Tuesday and Friday = chest, triceps. Wednesday and Saturday =shoulders and legs. I still have some more fat to melt around the stomach area. But in less than a year, I went from 210 lbs at 30% body fat to 153 lbs at 10%body fat. Hoping to be around 155-160 lbs at 6-8% body fat next summer.

Originally Posted by MasterMeatwad

NT, I need a kick in the @%# to get in shape. I know what to do, I know I need to do it. But right now it's like Xbox > Will Power.
tired.gif
You just gotta get up and get going...dont get discouraged when you dont see results right away ..keep at it..

Originally Posted by wj4

Van-I don't work out on the same muscle groups BTW. Monday and Thursday = back, biceps. Tuesday and Friday = chest, triceps. Wednesday and Saturday = shoulders and legs. I still have some more fat to melt around the stomach area. But in less than a year, I went from 210 lbs at 30% body fat to 153 lbs at 10% body fat. Hoping to be around 155-160 lbs at 6-8% body fat next summer.
wow, how do you lose body fat? I got sum on my stomach area as well...

I hit up the sauna and sweat a lot.. is that good/bad for you?

do you have a routine I could peep?

I am one of the guys who works out with no specific muscle groups in mind so I am kinda !!!#*%... also should I get protein shakez?

Originally Posted by thaisativa1

Originally Posted by wj4

Van-I don't work out on the same muscle groups BTW. Monday and Thursday = back, biceps. Tuesday and Friday = chest, triceps. Wednesday and Saturday = shoulders and legs. I still have some more fat to melt around the stomach area. But in less than a year, I went from 210 lbs at 30% body fat to 153 lbs at 10% body fat. Hoping to be around 155-160 lbs at 6-8% body fat next summer.
wow, how do you lose body fat? I got sum on my stomach area as well...

I hit up the sauna and sweat a lot.. is that good/bad for you?

do you have a routine I could peep?

I am one of the guys who works out with no specific muscle groups in mind so I am kinda !!!#*%... also should I get protein shakez?
There is no substitution for hard work. Protein shakes will help you build lean muscle. Albeit I prefer whey protein.

You're sweating water at the sauna. Sure you'll be 5lbs or so lighter if you stay in there for half an hour. The weight will come back on as soon asyou start drinking again. It's good for the skin though, I visit the sauna room every Sunday night myself.

Most importantly, you need to work on your diet. You can work out hardcore all day and eat crappy food and will see minimal results. IE: MMA fighters whotrain like beasts, but have love handles.

For the first 4-5 months, I didn't even lift weight. I just did Muay Thai 3-5 times a week, an hour per session. That ultimately served as a strengthtraining routine. After I got a shin injury from sparring, I joined 24 Hr Fitness via Costco. From that point on, I've been going 7 days a week untilnow, 6 days a week.

There's really no secret. You need to get your cardio up..be it running, spinning class, strength training or whatever. My training routine is alwaysevolving, that's the beauty of it too for me. Keep throwing in new things to keep it exciting.

You need to do your research to maximize your time too. I see people like you all over the gym, just walk aimlessly from one station to the next. You shouldfocus on just a couple of muscle groups per day to reach the state of hypertrophy.

But if you just want to lose weight, focus mainly on cardio and eating right. IMO it's 80% your diet, 10% gym time and 10% dedication.

^gotcha, I just bought some whey protein and a lot of good food, no junk food except a bag of chocolate donnettes lol and sum gushers fruit snax

when/how should I take this protein?

Yeah I am starting to do a lot of cardio: basketball, swimming, cycling, running on treadmill sumtimez.... I am already having a TON of energy! (plus I quitsmoking)

They have a lot of fitness classes I dunno I've never done one; thinking of trying it out?

Oh yeah, I love hitting up the jacuzzi after a nice workout and a few laps in the pool!

I personally take the protein 3 times a day. I'm not sure what sort of whey protein you're using. But the one I'm using has around 100-110 calswith 24-26 g of protein per scoop. I take it right after I wake up because my body is starving. I take it the 2nd time an hour before work out. And I take itthe 3rd time in the locker room right after work out. I did the math and I can spare the 300-330 cals based on my BMR suggestion of daily cals.

The worst thing in a day that I consume is probably a tall skinny iced vanilla latte at Starbucks, which has around 150 cals..according to their site anyway.

Try spinning, but you may wanna do it with a friend..preferably female because those classes are usually filled with chicks. I do it with my friend's wifeand the class gives me a pretty good work out. It simulates mountain biking BTW.

Just make sure you know that this is a supplement, it's not a magic bullet that's going to make you look like 50 Cent in a month.

Don't end up like those fat dudes at the gym who barely workout at the gym with dreams of getting brolic by reading muscle magazines and drink bottles uponbottles of Muscle Milk.

Edit: The most important part is that you can stick with the program. I see some people, primary girls, go from eating a truck load of foods one day toeating a broccoli the next. That's too drastic and doesn't last..which kills the whole point. I still eat out once or twice a week, but it's noton a regular basis anymore so that isn't an issue.

Back
Top Bottom