STD...semi mature talk..

My girl wants to move in with a friend of hers that has oral herpes.  She has good habits (slippers in the bathroom, etc etc) but I'm concerned that such close proximity with someone infected would make her bound to get it.  Am I worrying for no reason?  Living that my life is a temple tip these days.

Originally Posted by ModernDarwin

My girl wants to move in with a friend of hers that has oral herpes.  She has good habits (slippers in the bathroom, etc etc) but I'm concerned that such close proximity with someone infected would make her bound to get it.  Am I worrying for no reason?  Living that my life is a temple tip these days.
Tell your girl to not move in with her.
If she refuses, get rid of her.

Inb4 dudes start steezin talkin bout "if you loved her you would"

Somewhere around 70% of people are infected with herpes simplex which causes cold sores around the lips and mouth.

My boy had a roommate for a year that had herpes, and there was never a problem. As long as they both are aware of the situation and practice good hygiene, there is nothing to worry about

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Somewhere around 70% of people are infected with herpes simplex which causes cold sores around the lips and mouth.
yeah but this aint simplex A they're talkin about here......

Originally Posted by solarius49

No, it is the simplex A.  She just has oral herpes...if it was the big deal downstairs one i'd say no straight up..this situation got me perplexed though.  Just reading stuff like sharing a drink with them is risky during outbreak time etc etc.  Hmm..

I wouldn't be down with that.

She could get drunk one night and accidently drink from her cup or something and not remember

Then the next day she could passionately kiss u and/or give u head

No, it is the simplex A.  She just has oral herpes...if it was the big deal downstairs one i'd say no straight up..this situation got me perplexed though.  Just reading stuff like sharing a drink with them is risky during outbreak time etc etc.  Hmm..
Bro, you can get simplex B on your mouth though.  Simplex A is just regular coldsores, Simplex B is a communicable disease.  When I 1st joined the Marines, I had a dude in my platoon who caught simplex B from eating out a stripper in Bahrain smh.  He wasnt allowed to do any 1st aid training with us at all

Too bad herpes is more of an inconvenience than a health problem.

Not to try to influence your decision but you know that she can move in with another friend that doesn't know they have it and they can give it to your girl.

Bro, you can get simplex B on your mouth though.  Simplex A is just regular coldsores, Simplex B is a communicable disease.  When I 1st joined the Marines, I had a dude in my platoon who caught simplex B from eating out a stripper in Bahrain smh.  He wasnt allowed to do any 1st aid training with us at all
Who forgot to give this fool the manual of tomcatting in foreign countries? Dude is ill! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Okay, thanks for all the info. I get tested yearly for my job (teaching at a school) so I'd likely know if I had it already (just had my test recently). Yeah, I need to send my gf info to make sure she takes care of herself properly around this chick. I'm not sure what she has based on what you guys said. This is such a mental minefield.

So why are you giving this chick an STD?  The common cold sore variety is no problem if there is no flare up, and if there is you'll see it.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

So why are you giving this chick an STD?  The common cold sore variety is no problem if there is no flare up, and if there is you'll see it.
So that people would open the thread and respond

Back
Top Bottom