Steph Curry Appreciation .... Greatest All Time Shooter When he's Done

I mean I've always somewhat kept my distance from the season threads over the years because collectively the tone was always waaaaaaay to critical and pessimistic for me but damn. :lol:

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat was right. Still wasn't the general consensus, half those dudes aren't regulars or maybe not even Warrior fans. Only three of them I recognize.

Still wasn't the general consensus though and dland24 dland24 is overly critical about everything. :lol:

Last edited:
I mean I've always somewhat kept my distance from the season threads over the years because collectively the tone was always waaaaaaay to critical and pessimistic for me but only one of those post was actively saying trade Curry to keep Monta.
There were definitely multiple posts and possibly pages of folks saying trade Curry for CP. Which in context, I can't blame them for saying that. My point is over the years there was a movement of Warrior fans wanting to trade Curry. That is fact. His ankles were trash back then so I understand the pessimistic tone

Last edited:

let me add this to fire. and i've been team Steph since day 1

http://niketalk.com/t/235146/a-lot-of-you-owe-stephen-curry-an-apology
Repped 
roll.gif

I mean I've always somewhat kept my distance from the season threads over the years because collectively the tone was always waaaaaaay to critical and pessimistic for me but only one of those post was actively saying trade Curry to keep Monta.
There were definitely multiple posts and possibly pages of folks saying trade Curry for CP. Which in context, I can't blame them for saying that. My point is over the years there was a movement of Warrior fans wanting to trade Curry. That is fact. His ankles were trash back then so I understand the pessimistic tone

That's the other thing though, a lot of it did stem from the ankle injuries.

I really hope he doesnt take the same path with the media and sports talk world as many of the other greats have.

"build them up, break them down"

I really hope he doesnt take the same path with the media and sports talk world as many of the other greats have.

"build them up, break them down"

It'll happen eventually cause it always does, but it does help that Curry's right-hand men in Klay and Draymond are too extremely unlikable guys themselves, so it keeps the heat off Curry.

Last edited:
You guys can talk all the trash you want.....there wasn't a single person on NT that could have predicted that Steph would be this good.  Not a one.

And context fellas, context.  At the time of those posts, Steph couldn't stay healthy to save his life.  He was Derrick Rose.  So while time and time again I have admitted the error in my ways, its not as if there was anyone thinking Steph would be an all star, let alone this good.  Period.

You guys can talk all the trash you want.....there wasn't a single person on NT that could have predicted that Steph would be this good.  Not a one.

And context fellas, context.  At the time of those posts, Steph couldn't stay healthy to save his life.  He was Derrick Rose.  So while time and time again I have admitted the error in my ways, its not as if there was anyone thinking Steph would be an all star, let alone this good.  Period.

Yes, there was. My dude Prime1984.

He opened the thread Blake Griffin will not be.....and pointed out Steph would be an all time NBA type. He shoulda been #1, etc.

Yes, there was. My dude Prime1984.

He opened the thread Blake Griffin will not be.....and pointed out Steph would be an all time NBA type. He shoulda been #1, etc.
And everyone probably thought he was trolling. 
laugh.gif

Point being, Steph Curry was thought of to have glass ankles and someone who would never reach his ceiling.  And at the time, we were rumored to have shot down trades for Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo (while dumping Andris Biedrins and his ridiculous $11M a year contract.  Anyone would have done those potential trades at the time.

Granted, I couldn't be happier to have been wrong and am glad our front office stuck to their guns.  But its not nearly as laughable as you guys are making it out to be.

It has less to do with Steph and more to do with the fact that many Warriors fans were clamoring for Monta Ellis over Steph.:lol:

I think once that playoff run happened where they got eliminated by the Spurs happened, thats when everyone should have seen his ultimate ceiling coming.

I think the real shocker about the Steph Curry thing is he's become basically league average on defense, on offense he's basically doing what he did at Davidson. :lol:

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting players who break the Mold like Magic, Jordan, Allen Iverson, Dirk Nowitski, and Steph, their success creates a whole bunch of copy cats who get drafted too high because people are searching for "the next____" without recognizing how stunningly unique the original was.

Andrea Bargnani, Jimmer Fredette all got to beinift from this phenomenon.

Jamal Murray's about to get drafted a couple spots too high becuase people will have Steph Curry on the brain come draft time.

Last edited:
It has less to do with Steph and more to do with the fact that many Warriors fans were clamoring for Monta Ellis over Steph.
laugh.gif

I think once that playoff run happened where they got eliminated by the Spurs happened, thats when everyone should have seen his ultimate ceiling coming.

I think the real shocker about the Steph Curry thing is he's become basically league average on defense, on offense he's basically doing what he did at Davidson.
laugh.gif
Yep....shooting was never a worry for me when he got drafted. I only wondered about how he would be on the defensive side. Seeing him play a few times in college was 
eek.gif
 ...just knew dude was special but didn't think it would be NBA MVP special though

Back
Top Bottom