Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

I was disappointed when I saw Stephen apologize this morning. I had no idea what happened with Beadle. That was pretty low on her part. All this dude ever talks about is how much he loves his mom and sisters. There was no need to go at him like that.

He said absolutely nothing wrong. Michelle Beadle made it bigger than what it should have been when she spun it into a rape thing.

Both men and women should keep hands to themselves. Something that needs to be taught early instead of don't hit girls. Don't hit anyone.
this bothers me so much.....if she just *****ed about the hitting thing I could give her a pass but to spin it to rape was wrong.

The rape spin legitimately made me mad.

Stephen did nothing wrong.

[Video][/Video]

If sharkisha wan it what y'all gonna do?
laugh.gif
Man, that's an exception if there ever was one. I don't think anyone could fault a dude going toe to toe with her. Still a 75% chance of taking that L, but at least you defended yourself.

Are you guys kidding?

He's putting some of the blame on the women for being abused. That's not acceptable EVER. He's not talking about the women that come at guys with a knife and they simply defend themselves.

SAS is one of the more reckless and blunt personalities on radio and on the air - if an athlete stepped to him and beat him up everytime he said something, would he enjoy taking some of the blame? Would he enjoy someone on TV telling him to change his behavior instead of telling people to stop beating him up?

This is black and white. SAS is wrong. Imagine being a victim of domestic violence, being afraid for your life on a regular basis and hearing someone on TV telling you to check your behavior. Ridiculous.

this is just a false statement. blunt yea, but not reckless.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hit a female if she hit me, but I'm going for that choke-hold on the realz. Shawty might get Perfect-Plexed if she get too buck.

This **** is wild revealing about the psyche of young males today.

Of course...if your life or health is being threatened...do anything at all costs to protect it. Male or Female.

However...you dudes are in here sounding the Male version of the Feminist movement. Whenever these situations happen...dudes come out the woodwork trying to justify it with some random *** scenario.

"uhhh...well what if she pulled a rocket launcher on you? Can you knock her teeth out?"

If you're life is NOT being threatened, or serious physical damage is at risk...you should be able to resolve that matter without hitting a woman the same way you'd a hit a man. 

Like seriously....why is that side of the debate the one you want to be on? Why would you want to even preach equality in "domestic abuse"?

Last edited:

Of course...if your life or health is being threatened...do anything at all costs to protect it. Male or Female.

However...you dudes are in here sounding the Male version of the Feminist movement. Whenever these situations happen...dudes come out the woodwork trying to justify it with some random *** scenario.

"uhhh...well what if she pulled a rocket launcher on you? Can you knock her teeth out?"

If you're life is NOT being threatened, or serious physical damage is at risk...you should be able to resolve that matter without hitting a woman the same way you'd a hit a man. 

Like seriously....why is that side of the debate the one you want to be on? Why would you want to even preach equality in "domestic abuse"?
#ntextreme

That's not even what anyone in here is saying.

The question is " do women have a hand in some domestic abuse cases "?

Yes...

To refute that is just trying to go against factual knowledge.

You're using an extreme when you can just use what happened to ray rice.

Did SHE hit HIM FIRST?

yes.

If SHE would not have HIT HIM first... Would we be hear?

Probably not.

All were people are saying is recognize that

bruh if a girl hit you, knowing you not gon hit back. Your life is obviously threatened on what happens indoors. I'm not trynna get Brandon Marshalled.

#ntextreme

That's not even what anyone in here is saying.

The question is " do women have a hand in some domestic abuse cases "?

Yes...

To refute that is just trying to go against factual knowledge.

You're using an extreme when you can just use what happened to ray rice.

Did SHE hit HIM FIRST?

yes.

If SHE would not have HIT HIM first... Would we be hear?

Probably not.

All were people are saying is recognize that
Obviously that was ******* sarcasm. And not once did I say ANYTHING about Ray Rice. I'm speaking on how NT treats this topic in general.

Unless your a young child that doesn't know any better, don't throw a punch unless your ready to take a punch. Simple as that. Its good to have restraint though, if a female put hands on me today and I did nothing to warrant it, id take the punch and press assault charges and screw her over through the legal system rather then give her what she was asking for. However if another dude decided to put hands on her in a similar situation, I wouldn't condone it but I wouldn't vilify him for it either.

I think people had a problem with Stephen A's choice of the word "provoke", you can't throw that word around when talking about domestic violence or man on woman violence. Provoke means differently for different people.

To me, provoking would be hitting someone or coming at them with a weapon but another person's idea of being provoked could be "that b*tch is running her mouth too much, I'll shut her up." Stephen A Smith was saying comments like, "women: don't say or do anything to provoke a man's anger" which came across as: women have to walk on eggshells because if they "provoke" a man by angering him or upsetting him, this is what happens.

I got the gist of what Stephen A was trying to say, it was just poorly worded..& in a sterile, sensitive media environment of COURSE there was going to be outrage.

not every man has been raised that way.
which is a huge problem.

how ya'll plan on teaching your sons about how to handle something like that? 

if a girl "provokes" your son on the playground...ya'll gonna tell him he should handle that the same way as if it were another boy?

I can't imagine ANY of your mothers would be ok with ya'll thinking it's ok to strike a woman like she's a man...just because she "provoked" you.

I think we had this thread a few years ago and I said then, as I say now.

We only teach boys NOT to hit girls.
We don't teach girls to NOT hit boys or put themselves in situations NOT to get hit.

Dudes on here, if you have daughters, PLEASE teach them not to do things to make a dude want to hit them. WOmen know dudes aren't supposed to hit and they abuse that law to DEATH.

Not saying that if a woman does EVERYTHING right that she won't get hit but they need to not put themselves in those situations.

Only people that should be exempt from getting hit if they provoke it is little children. If you are a rational adult human being, you can't provoke someone into hitting you then act surprised if you get hit.

I personally would avoid it, but I wouldn't fault a guy under some scenarios that I've seen on the internet in which women are just berating a guy, spitting in his face, slapping him, etc and acting like she's untouchable.

Last edited:
not every man has been raised that way.

which is a huge problem.

how ya'll plan on teaching your sons about how to handle something like that? 

if a girl "provokes" your son on the playground...ya'll gonna tell him he should handle that the same way as if it were another boy?

I can't imagine ANY of your mothers would be ok with ya'll thinking it's ok to strike a woman like she's a man...just because she "provoked" you.
Bruh knowing myself I would have a hard time putting my hands on a woman even if she was "provoking" me. I would need to see a blade coming towards me or some ish. All most of us is saying is that we comprehend what SAS was trying to say. Not that said reaction is right either because it isn't, it's far from that. Unfortunately that ish does happen...

Violence is wrong regardless a man hitting a woman or vice. What SAS said that woman shouldn't provoke men ... implying that if a woman hits a man then they shouldn't complain when a man knocks you out and drags you like a doll.

How is that any different from a rape victim that provoked her attacker?

Let's not forget this is a professional football player that gets hit constantly by 250+ player. SMH ...

Back
Top Bottom