Stephen A. Smith Wylin

would think espn would have learned from college game day, they had something that worked and decided they need to change it up to add mcafee

Let SAS do his thing with first take.. but makes zero sense adding him to nfl when nba coverage ain’t going great

Again, nfl live crew is knowledgeable and has great chemistry (sans keyshawn).. and individually theyve done live stuff on games and the draft

How much does Troy Aikman work and how much does he work a year?

So yes, Stephen A is worth that much.
He’s worth that much because they divested off Jalen and Jacoby, Bill Simmons, Rusillo, LeBetard, Bomani, etc. Not to take anything away from Dominique, RC, Big Perk, etc. They made him their Swiss Army knife to treat any problem or garner fan interest with is usual antics.
They hinged so much on Stephen A being their biggest personality across multiple time slots, not paying him now would kinda be their death knell for now outside of Pat Mcafee. And he's already getting paid without the Stephen A track.
This. Their product used to be so much better. They had a great roster of talent. Bean counters and streaming wars have ravaged the cupboards.

Hate that perk gets grouped in with Dominique and RC.. or even that swagu did the pod with him

Perk obviously has knowledge of the game.. but dude is nba keyshawn to me

im going to echo many opinions expressed here…

ESPN has backed itself into a corner with SAS by making him the golden child of the network AND divesting of other, better, more knowledgeable personalities. Does anyone else currently on the network OR outside the network move the ratings needle like SAS? No! And for that reason alone, espn has no choice but to pay him.

As others have said before in this thread and others, ESPN/Disney/viewers, do not watch espn for honest, respectable, knowledgeable hot takes. Ppl watch espn for the nonsense many of the personalities spew out of their mouths and for lunch table and/or dinner table talk. It’s absolutely ridiculous how much espn has lost its luster for actual knowledgeable sport takes

Once they started giving $15+ million to people who work 20 days a year it changed things up. It's not even about MacAfee.

If an NFL game is a bad match up or lopsided, I'm not watching because of Joe Buck and Aikman. If a basketball game is bad, I might stick around for Chuck and Kenny at halftime or the end. NFL, if it's a good game I'll have it on, just have it on mute. It's the game that matters, not the announcers.

Stephen A calls in on vacation if something happens or he wants to, much less how he does First Take, NBA Countdown. They made him the face of ESPN.

im going to echo many opinions expressed here…

ESPN has backed itself into a corner with SAS by making him the golden child of the network AND divesting of other, better, more knowledgeable personalities. Does anyone else currently on the network OR outside the network move the ratings needle like SAS? No! And for that reason alone, espn has no choice but to pay him.

As others have said before in this thread and others, ESPN/Disney/viewers, do not watch espn for honest, respectable, knowledgeable hot takes. Ppl watch espn for the nonsense many of the personalities spew out of their mouths and for lunch table and/or dinner table talk. It’s absolutely ridiculous how much espn has lost its luster for actual knowledgeable sport takes

ESPN credited their own problems with how they have gone about utilizing their talent.. and also who they made choices to pay, Mike Greenberg being a perfect example

They could have had both, but they choose to squander talent and funnel things into that single thing.. and they even did it with putting Wilson on the nba show, which doesn’t work and has never really worked on espn

Again the nfl live crew is a perfect example, least to me.. let them be the pregame and halftime show and let them do the draft, and then that gives them and that show a natural pipeline and bigger platform

I changed from ABC, because he didn't know what he was talking about. ESPN doesn't need to have him everywhere. Most people would rather have knowledgeable people involved. Like with the NFL draft.

Last edited:
1719540489406.png

Back
Top Bottom