07. Jah Army feat. Damian Marley & Buju Banton
08. Old Slaves
09. Pale Moonlight (How Many Times)
10. She Knows Now
11. The Chapel feat. Ziggy Marley
12. Tight Ship feat. Damian Marley
13. Working Ways feat. Spragga Benz
14. Now I Know

I loved his first solo Album Mind Control which in my opinion was the best album I heard in '07.  I did not realize this was dropping on May 23rd.  About to check this out!
pimp.gif

Tracklist:

01. Made In Africa feat. Wale & The Cast Of Fela
02. False Friends
03. Break Us Apart feat. Capleton
04. Can't Keep I Down
05. No Cigarette Smoking feat. Melanie Fiona
06. Freedom Time
07. Jah Army feat. Damian Marley & Buju Banton
08. Old Slaves
09. Pale Moonlight (How Many Times)
10. She Knows Now
11. The Chapel feat. Ziggy Marley
12. Tight Ship feat. Damian Marley
13. Working Ways feat. Spragga Benz
14. Now I Know

I loved his first solo Album Mind Control which in my opinion was the best album I heard in '07.  I did not realize this was dropping on May 23rd.  About to check this out!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thejrob

Mind Control is a straight classic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Will definitely be checkin this out
pimp.gif

Agreed on Mind Control!! About halfway through this album and its dope! No Cigarette Smoking is fiyah!!

Not sure if everyone else was aware but he will be releasing Part 2 in the Fall. Here is some info: The next album, Part 2 will follow later this year: Revelation Part 2: The Fruit of Life! This is the first chapter in a two part concept album Revelation Part 1: The Root of Life is almost entirely organic and acoustic set of roots reggae in contrast to the  current digitzed and auto-tuned state of Jamaican music. The second part of the series, Revelation Part 2: The Fruit of Life, which will be released in Fall 2011, traces the flow of reggae into its confluence with hip-hop, soul and a more eclectic range of sounds.

Originally Posted by thejrob

Mind Control is a straight classic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Will definitely be checkin this out
pimp.gif

Agreed on Mind Control!! About halfway through this album and its dope! No Cigarette Smoking is fiyah!!

Not sure if everyone else was aware but he will be releasing Part 2 in the Fall. Here is some info: The next album, Part 2 will follow later this year: Revelation Part 2: The Fruit of Life! This is the first chapter in a two part concept album Revelation Part 1: The Root of Life is almost entirely organic and acoustic set of roots reggae in contrast to the  current digitzed and auto-tuned state of Jamaican music. The second part of the series, Revelation Part 2: The Fruit of Life, which will be released in Fall 2011, traces the flow of reggae into its confluence with hip-hop, soul and a more eclectic range of sounds.

Just finished listening and the album is damn good. If you like some chill vibes roots reggae then you will really like this album. Not as good as Mind Control upon first listen but very solid. 4.25/5 rating in my book. Gotta give it a few more spins but I am really digging this album thus far. Can't wait to hear what others think.

Just finished listening and the album is damn good. If you like some chill vibes roots reggae then you will really like this album. Not as good as Mind Control upon first listen but very solid. 4.25/5 rating in my book. Gotta give it a few more spins but I am really digging this album thus far. Can't wait to hear what others think.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

my thoughts exactly....Mind Control was an amazing album but this album is dope too after 1 spin...now waitin on that Revelations Pt. 2 and the next Damian solo

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

my thoughts exactly....Mind Control was an amazing album but this album is dope too after 1 spin...now waitin on that Revelations Pt. 2 and the next Damian solo

After an initial listen, I think this is a good album. That said, it seems more traditional reggae than Mind Control was, in terms of production. That might be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for from the album. Will check in again once I give it more listens.

After an initial listen, I think this is a good album. That said, it seems more traditional reggae than Mind Control was, in terms of production. That might be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for from the album. Will check in again once I give it more listens.

stephen is my artist... and mind control was a classic.... the acoustic mind control was very well done as well

waiting till tuesday to pick the album up

stephen is my artist... and mind control was a classic.... the acoustic mind control was very well done as well

waiting till tuesday to pick the album up

Wow been waiting for this to drop...thanks for the heads up...

07. Jah Army feat. Damian Marley & Buju Banton <<<<< My favorite song of the year so far 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom