Steve Prefontaine

June 4th?

Dang.. I will be in Portland/Beaverton the week after... Anyone here work in the ES on Campus.. ? I will be seeing you Friday most likely.

Holla
Marketing and Product Placement You Need Me.​
......Not Just A Sig.​

Anyone gonna be at the Nike Store on Saturday morning?

I might stop by around 2 or so.

[/b]​
[/center]

My uncle Hailu raced against Prefontaine in college.

i know, it sounds odd that i am Hailu Eba, the Ethiopian
distance runner's nephew, but its a long story.

i watched a movie on pre (the one with Ermee as Bill Bowerman... it was pretty good.
You spit hot garbage, Son of Samson...
What you rappin for? To get fame to get rich?
Ill slap a ninja like you... And tell 'em Rick James Snitch...
Common- Chi City - BE

i just saw the Steve Prefontaine Nike commercial during the pistons/heat game :wow:
eek.gif

For Trade or Sale: DS Olympic VII retro size 12: Looking To Trade For DS X Retro Steey Greys size 12 or 12.5 ezinbox me or email me [email protected]

If you missed the commercial, it's at:

www.nike.com/nikerunning/usa/home.jhtml?promoID=adv#prefontaine

I believe that Phil Knight is narrating the commercial.

Hey DS 530s finest, I do remember Hailu...he and Pre had a helluva battle (your uncle ran at Oregon State)...it was a race Pre refused to lose, especially in Eugene...that race is well documented in Tom Jordan's book, "Pre".

It's hard to believe that it's 30 years...

Pre/RIP.

^ There was Prefontaine & Without Limits. Prefonatine is all about Pre and W/O Limits circles his life and Oregon/Bowerman/Nike as well.

I need to buy both of these movies. :D
happy.gif

the commercial might be one of nike's best.
up there with the jordan retirement commercial that uses the same music.

this man has been a great inspiration to me throughout my life. not only as a runner, but his running philosophy follows through in to all facets of life.

thank you pre.
in the sneaker game, hindsight is 20/20 and we're all millionaires.

thanks for your continued support of niketalk.

[email protected]

I still think the Mj commercial using the same music with footage of him balling as a grade schooler and using a pic of Mj as an adolescent as the final conclusion and the Nike swoosh in the corner and most of his career hi-lites beats out this commercial, impact Jordan had on all sports is much more than Pre, no hate though but when someone's good at another sport, they say "He's the Michael Jordan of ________"

Quote:
impact Jordan had on all sports is much more than Pre

True, but the interest Pre generated in distance running was pretty incredible considering the usual popularity of track compared to the major sports and he didn't have a full career unlike MJ.

There would have been no Nike to sponsor Michael Jordan without Steve Prefontaine. Well, and Oregon running in general.

I just hope they make mustaches available on Nike iD.

Krvanch - I found this post interesting as my Dad used to be the diving coach at the University of Oregon around the time Pre was in his prime and bowerman was coming into his prominance....My dad new Pre on a personal level and I have some cool posters that were addressed to my dad from him laying around that I could take some pictures of if you want...My pops had originally gone to the U of O to learn/train under bowerman to be a track coach and ended up working more with the diving program.

I hope they do something to commerate Pre. he was a track legend and i suggest to anyone they watch the documetary made about his life before you comment on his legendary status as an athlete and a pioneer of Nike..

the films
prefontaine,
without limits,
fire on the track

and the book
pre by tom jordan

all required watching/reading.

if you dont know, now you know.

[email protected]

hey shooter,
my email is in my signature.
if you want to scan those pics and send them to me, feel free.
id love to see them!
thanks for the offer.

[email protected]

Quote:
impact Jordan had on all sports is much more than Pre

jordan didn't die at age 24 either...pre waas on his way to becoming the greatest distance runner in the world. So, had he lived, i guess they'd be calling MJ the prefontaine of basketball...

fire on the track>>>>prefontaine & without limits
"I don't give a (expletive) about no trade rumors. As long as somebody CTC, at the end of the day I'm with them For all you that don't know what CTC means, that's Cut The Check.

Hey, here are some of the posters/ pictures I found. I only found one that had been written on by Pre but I'll look for more...

Bill Bowerman with Steve (left)

Bill Bowerman

Bill Bowerman (left)

Steve Prefontaine (this was a scan my dad had used for a presentation he did but I can take a pic of the actual poster if anyone is interested.)

Back
Top Bottom