STORAGE UNIT AUCTIONS ????? VOL. YUUUUUUPPPPPP

Hey by now we have all seen these shows on several different channels and we know they are staged for the most part. I want to know if anyone here has had any real success trying to do this in their city ? What has been you best find ? Ive been think of at least giving it a try. Just looking for any feed back .

Thanks

View media item 327032

Never tried, always wanted too. Friend of mine had a locker that he ended up getting sold. 
mean.gif

Luckily he kept his shoe collection at his house, while he kept everything else in the locker. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

I imagine these things are just full of junk or other things that are cluttering a home, and people need a place to put them, without throwing them away or selling them. 

Last edited:
I used to think auction hunters on spike was a really cool show until I found out it was fake. Never tried going to these things but I can't imagine someone making a living off doing that.

i agree i cant imagine making a living off, i figure maybe some furniture or some ebay items for some spare cash. Just looking for a small side hustle

Don't waste your time. Ever since these fake shows started airing, LOTS of people started going to the auctions and over paying for the units..

I have a buddy that used to buy units and go to estate sales. Back in 2002-2009, there would be 5-6 people MAX at the auctions. I went to one with him last summer and it was DUMB. I would say their was 65 people there. People were going crazy and bidding $800-$1500 on crap...

The owners LOVE the morons that believe there is treasure in 1/2 of the units.

Another thing I was always weary about is the owners going through them before being auctioned. Taking obvious things and placing certain item up front to make people bid more. Hell, if I was an owner and had empty units, I'd set up fake units with junk I put in there and auction it off. Profit.
nerd.gif

Your best bet is finding stuff at estate sales, thrift shops, pawn shops and garage sales...

About 10 years ago, I got (81) 1933 Goudeys from an antique/thrift store for $75.

Back
Top Bottom