Stories of successful young minorities who aren't entertainers or in the fashion world?

Just curious. Most of the young successful people I read or hear about used the entertainment industry or fashion world as a springboard into thosecorporate boardrooms.

choppa.jpg

Depends on what your definition of success is.

But to simplify matters, we'll refer to financial success specifically.

How much money does one have to attain in your eyes to be successful?

100k-500k/year.

500k-1MM/year

1MM-10MM/year

10MM+/year, etc.

There are plenty of minority men under 30 who are in the first two ranges, and as with anyone

What you need to understand though is that race aside, most people who aren't entertainers or athletes are not gonna be self-made LEGAL millionaires whenthey are young. I know plenty of black millionaires but they are 30+, as with Asian and White millionaires. So in general "young" millionaires tendto be entertainers and athletes simply because the means to wealth are not structured for most people to become millionaires that quick.

Stock Market
Real Estate
Corporate America
Company founder/Private Practice

These things take time. Extend your question to include successful minority men under 40 who are not entertainers or athletes and you will have a very longlist. There is a minimal threshold, almost a glass ceiling you need to break. Once you get through there, your wealth tends to grow exponentially. Think of itlike breaking through the sound barrier. It's very rough when you approach Mach 1, but once you surpass Mach 1 its smooth sailing. Most people don'thit Mach 1 in their 20s.

The thing is you couldn't name many white people who aren't "famous" either. There are a lot of rich people of every race who simplyaren't in the public eye.

Dr. Farrah Gray-made his first milion at age 16

Ephren Taylor-became a CEO at age 24

wikipedia has more info on both of them.

You don't hear about them because they aren't famous. They aren't famous because they are not entertainers or part of the fashion world. Even if weall generated a list, it wouldn't matter, they aren't famous and no one knows who they are. I see successful as gaining wealth, by the way.

I'm aware that their are plenty who aren't famous. Just wondered if their are some interesting reads on lesser known.

Originally Posted by alan713

You don't hear about them because they aren't famous. They aren't famous because they are not entertainers or part of the fashion world. Even if we all generated a list, it wouldn't matter, they aren't famous and no one knows who they are. I see successful as gaining wealth, by the way.
If we generated a list, it would matter, because then OP would have what he wanted to see
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

The thing is you couldn't name many white people who aren't "famous" either. There are a lot of rich people of every race who simply aren't in the public eye.

QFT.

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
FreezeTag wrote:
indifferent.gif

The #*%@ kinda topic is this?
mad he isn't successful

nah cornball

idk where you and the OP are from but where i live they're plenty of successful youth that don't fall in those categories.

thats why i thought the title of this thread was insulting.

http://www.esquire.com/st...ost-fashionable-man-0309

taken from article
in his case at Procter & Gamble, to a position with the important title of brand manager, global hair color, NNE.
He makes about $150,000 a year.
a 2004 Lincoln Navigator, bought in '05 with twenty-nine thousand miles for under thirty grand - because buying a new car just seems stupid;
He carries two BlackBerrys, one for work and one for personal use.
It has been nearly eight years since he graduated with his M.B.A. from Florida A&M University
His house has five bedrooms and four full baths, a circa-1910 brick Victorian he bought for $245,000 with no money down. He honestly doesn't know thesquare footage. The mortgage is $1,600 a month

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*jeezy* INSPIRATION *jeezy*

There was a Korean guy on one of the seasons of Apprentice that made two million dollars before he graduated college

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Why do minorities wanna be rich so young? We never think long term.
we should be young and broke?
nerd.gif

The dude running facebook is paid,but the black person (theoretically) running Blackplanet should be broke
grin.gif

jerry yang, asian dude, was yahoos ceo until he got kicked out lol

thats the only asian ceo i know of

there are also no asians in congress AT ALL

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

jerry yang, asian dude, was yahoos ceo until he got kicked out lol

thats the only asian ceo i know of

there are also no asians in congress AT ALL
Correction, Joseph Cao of Louisiana is the first Vietnamese in Congress. I'd still like to see more though.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

http://www.esquire.com/st...ost-fashionable-man-0309

taken from article
in his case at Procter & Gamble, to a position with the important title of brand manager, global hair color, NNE.
He makes about $150,000 a year.
a 2004 Lincoln Navigator, bought in '05 with twenty-nine thousand miles for under thirty grand - because buying a new car just seems stupid;
He carries two BlackBerrys, one for work and one for personal use.
It has been nearly eight years since he graduated with his M.B.A. from Florida A&M University
His house has five bedrooms and four full baths, a circa-1910 brick Victorian he bought for $245,000 with no money down. He honestly doesn't know the square footage. The mortgage is $1,600 a month

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*jeezy* INSPIRATION *jeezy*

I'm basically on this plan, lol. Getting my MBA at IU and looking to get into brand management. Got the interview with P&G then a DING so it won'tbe there...but I'll be marketing for another company in the summer. I'm the biggest advocate for getting your MBA. If you're smart and Black lookinto The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (www.cgsm.org). It's a fellowship program with TUITION FREE AWARDS to TOP 30 MBA PROGRAMS (off the topof my head: NYU, IU, Michigan, Emory, Yale...) Not really on the topic, but who cares.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I personally dont know any. Being successful when your black means paying your bills.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

please tell me that was a joke fam. I hope you don't really think like that.
If you do then I'm very successful. I know plenty of successful minorities around my way.
From Latinos owning their own law firms to African Americans owning restaurants and cab services.
Just work hard and stay focused.

Back
Top Bottom