Story Time Vol. Am I wrong?

Is the mother and your fiancee overreacting? Yes.

But you gotta figure now that this girl is your fiancee then you have to make some compromises if you want things to go smooth for you and her down the road. I feel you that you weren't in the mood but you have to understand that if this is something important for your girl then you should either sit down and talk to her about sometimes not wanting to talk to anyone on the phone or you can suck it up and say "a couple minutes talking to someone who is probably interested in what i'm doing isn't gonna kill me"

thats your call though.

Is the mother and your fiancee overreacting? Yes.

But you gotta figure now that this girl is your fiancee then you have to make some compromises if you want things to go smooth for you and her down the road. I feel you that you weren't in the mood but you have to understand that if this is something important for your girl then you should either sit down and talk to her about sometimes not wanting to talk to anyone on the phone or you can suck it up and say "a couple minutes talking to someone who is probably interested in what i'm doing isn't gonna kill me"

thats your call though.

If small things like that can start drama, then you got a long road ahead of yourself if she's going to be your mother in law.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

A few seconds of talking wasn't gonna kill you.

this. you could have at least said hi, hope all is well...not really talkative today so can we catch up another time?

I figured telling the truth was better than getting on the phone with a non-interested attitude.

Sounds like you and her mom have a cool relationship.  Just tell her the truth and apologize.  You had a long day at work and just didn't want to talk to anyone.  Tell her it's not personal and that you prob wouldn't have picked up even if your own mom was calling.  With that being said....just bite the bullet and take the phone.  Just make up some excuse like you gotta run to the bathroom after a couple minutes.  It'll just save you from future drama.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

A few seconds of talking wasn't gonna kill you.

this. you could have at least said hi, hope all is well...not really talkative today so can we catch up another time?

I figured telling the truth was better than getting on the phone with a non-interested attitude.

Sounds like you and her mom have a cool relationship.  Just tell her the truth and apologize.  You had a long day at work and just didn't want to talk to anyone.  Tell her it's not personal and that you prob wouldn't have picked up even if your own mom was calling.  With that being said....just bite the bullet and take the phone.  Just make up some excuse like you gotta run to the bathroom after a couple minutes.  It'll just save you from future drama.

If small things like that can start drama, then you got a long road ahead of yourself if she's going to be your mother in law.

Should NOT have to explain yourself to her

or give excuses... be a man son

Should NOT have to explain yourself to her

or give excuses... be a man son

Update:

I spoke w/ her mother and apologized, I explained that I was tired, blah, blah, and that I meant no disrespect.  She said she excepts my apology and that she just didn't like it. She also said that she has to tell her daughter how she feels
eyes.gif
.  She ended by saying it's no biggy and that she still loves me all the same.

I spoke to my girl too, apparently, she thought her mother was overreacting also. I thought she was upset about it, when I asked her about it, she said the classic female line "Child Please!", lol.  All is well I guess. As some of you have suggested, I'll have to suck it up next time, to avoid all this extra apologetic conversations with her mother. 

SN: It's funny how people always say "it's no biggy" at the end.  If it really wasn't that big of a deal, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Right?

Update:

I spoke w/ her mother and apologized, I explained that I was tired, blah, blah, and that I meant no disrespect.  She said she excepts my apology and that she just didn't like it. She also said that she has to tell her daughter how she feels
eyes.gif
.  She ended by saying it's no biggy and that she still loves me all the same.

I spoke to my girl too, apparently, she thought her mother was overreacting also. I thought she was upset about it, when I asked her about it, she said the classic female line "Child Please!", lol.  All is well I guess. As some of you have suggested, I'll have to suck it up next time, to avoid all this extra apologetic conversations with her mother. 

SN: It's funny how people always say "it's no biggy" at the end.  If it really wasn't that big of a deal, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Right?

Back
Top Bottom