Straight Gridin music aka the return of Reggaeton

Before you continue reading, this post is solely for the purpose of enriching your knowledge of the Reggaeton game. These past years (maybe 2010+) there has been a bunch of new cats coming out with GOOD music and they've been making on main stream in LA. Dude's include Farruko, J Balvin, J Alvarez,Cosculluela, Galante, Kenai, Gotay, etc
and other OG's like Arcangel, Yomo, De La Ghetto, etc are coming back hard, no !%%$
laugh.gif

Honestly, I can listen to this type of music all day. All come with their own style and makes great party music. Been DJ'ing these songs at parties and gets CRACKING

Here are a few samples of the new artist

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I'd much prefer that Reggaeton never again make it back to the mainstream. Horrible.
Again, this thread is not to bash the genre. 
Newcomers with OG's is always nice too

nobody you named is new though....all these cats were on da lower cuts from reggaeton complilations years ago..they just finally got some more exposure..

and you can forget about getting this thread poppin on NT...alot of these cats in here wouldn't hover hand around females let alone try to dub em from da back.
laugh.gif

Reggaeton never left the mainstream, just because some of you don't check for it doesn't mean it left. You got people like wisin & yandel performing on American idol along with j.lo it doesn't get more mainstream than that.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

nobody you named is new though....all these cats were on da lower cuts from reggaeton complilations years ago..they just finally got some more exposure..

and you can forget about getting this thread poppin on NT...alot of these cats in here wouldn't hover hand around females let alone try to dub em from da back.
laugh.gif

QFT, I would love to go to the club and bend some random bird over to one of these tracks, they need to switch it up a lil but I party in bk so it's pretty much straight reggae, guess I gotta hit the heights....

I'd much prefer that Reggaeton never again make it back to the mainstream. Horrible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
are you  aware that reggaeton is WAY more mainstream then da current rap scene? ya think jay-z doing numbers? Don Omar's Danza kuduro is da most watch video on youtube...EVER.

dem cats sell out da garden with their eyes closed.

ThaT Dude173 wrote:
Reggaeton never left the mainstream,

word to da millions...and millions and millions of views cats like wisin y yandel, daddy yankee, don omar, tito el bambino, pitbull, etc. get on youtube.

ThaT Dude173 wrote:
word to da millions...and millions and millions of views cats like wisin y yandel, daddy yankee, don omar, tito el bambino, pitbull, etc. get on youtube.

I was with you until you said Pitbull, he is not a reggaeton artist.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
are you  aware that reggaeton is WAY more mainstream then da current rap scene? ya think jay-z doing numbers? Don Omar's Danza kuduro is da most watch video on youtube...EVER.

A lot of cats sell out the Garden. Doesn't really mean they're mainstream. And the best part of all this is that nothing you said can negate the fact that Reggaeton is straight GARBAGE. That was my initial point and I'm sticking to it lol. This dude in here talking about hover hands, like that has anything to do with da awfulness that is Reggaeton. Just b/c that %*## is poppin' in Da Heights doesn't mean a damn thing to the rest of the world.

Reggeaton in Latinamerica
pimp.gif

Titerito right now, piff! That going out car music... Replaced Soy Una Gargola for me...

Dudes who don't mess with reggaeton, have you ever been to a Latino party?
It gets as reckless as some Jamaican bashments I been to, yall gotta get out more.
Nothing but love for reggaeton & any other music that gets women loose.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Dudes who don't mess with reggaeton, have you ever been to a Latino party?
It gets as reckless as some Jamaican bashments I been to, yall gotta get out more.
Nothing but love for reggaeton & any other music that gets women loose.
Thank you. This is what this thread is all about.

As for never leaving mainstream, true but upcoming artist are making better quality reggaeton by the day. I'm just saying though, the "new" artist that have been around but never got their music played are blowing up now. I got nothing but love for the genre 
pimp.gif

Ninjahood: What is considered new then? Most the new artist I named, started their careers at LEAST 2010. Is that still not new? Ma dude Farruko is prolly the most noticeable 

Old: Wisin Y Yandel, Arcangel, De La Ghetto, Jowell Y Randy, Don Omar, Ivy Queen, Tego, Voltio, Cheka, Zion & Lennox, Yomo

New/Exposed these past 2-3 years: Farruko, Gotay, Kario Y Yaret, Nova & Jory, Galante, Mega and Kenai, etc

Amiright?

ImNacho: You know whats up 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Just downloaded his new album today. #%+@ go hard

My dudes that hate on the genre really have to go out to latino party. Drives women crazy 
laugh.gif

ThaT Dude173 wrote:

came in to quote this. 

Don Omar is my dude - been a big fan for years same with Daddy Yankee although some of his mixtapes were garbage

not a fan of this stuff buttt the girls seem to like dancing to it so even though you won't find it on my ipod it's cool in my book

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

ThaT Dude173 wrote:

I was with you until you said Pitbull, he is not a reggaeton artist.

pitbull does reggaeton music and does it well.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A lot of cats sell out the Garden. Doesn't really mean they're mainstream. And the best part of all this is that nothing you said can negate the fact that Reggaeton is straight GARBAGE. That was my initial point and I'm sticking to it lol. This dude in here talking about hover hands, like that has anything to do with da awfulness that is Reggaeton. Just b/c that %*## is poppin' in Da Heights doesn't mean a damn thing to the rest of the world.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
da irony of your ignorant statement is reggaeton is popping internationally WAAY more then anything in your ipod.

i guess you forgot about da ENTIRE south america, da islands, europe, LA..etc.

you think don omar and daddy yankee got 100 million plus views for their videos because da heightz inhabitants are refreshing their browsers all day?
laugh.gif
grin.gif
get out of your cave b.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
da irony of your ignorant statement is reggaeton is popping internationally WAAY more then anything in your ipod.

i guess you forgot about da ENTIRE south america, da islands, europe, LA..etc.

you think don omar and daddy yankee got 100 million plus views for their videos because da heightz inhabitants are refreshing their browsers all day?
laugh.gif
grin.gif
get out of your cave b.
dat irony

Back
Top Bottom