STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Why am I to believe this guy?

You don't have to believe him if you want to. The guy is an indsutry vet and has had more stories like that verified. You have this fairy tale vision of Dre like others in here and dont want to believe that he's highly insecure of how he's portrayed and isn't behind everything he's been credited with. I felt the same way about Santa when I heard my parents wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve.

I was wondering how he had so many kids and bms without it also. I remember cube or dre saying they hadn't talked to him in a while but wanted to see him when he was sick. And they did but like the next day cuz died.

You don't have to believe him if you want to. The guy is an indsutry vet and has had more stories like that verified. You have this fairy tale vision of Dre like others in here and dont want to believe that he's highly insecure of how he's portrayed and isn't behind everything he's been credited with. I felt the same way about Santa when I heard my parents wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve.
The santa claus thing was Corny bruh.
But anyway... why should I believe him over the two in the below videos?

Saw it yesterday night and i was surprised. Thought it was gonna be corny. They basically included everything major from what I can recall. I was surprised Bone Thugs was included. I was waiting for them to be mentioned near the end.
The only thing they didn't touch on was the fact that aftet NWA fell apart, Easy continued to make music. They forgot his diss to Dre and Snoop. I didn't like how they ended Cube's arc with him working on Friday tho. But overall i had a good time, I'd give it a 8 / 10.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Wow.
If his white girl looks like Scarlett Johansson than I completely agree and understand.  If she looks like Maggie Gyllenhal than he should've checked her

No Jimmy didn't. Jimmy has said in interviews that he knew nothing about rap and gave dre Eminems tape. Dre heard it, told them to bring em out to meet him, and then dre signed him. Em has said the same story in interviews as well. Jimmy didn't "make" him. Haha! Y'all trying real hard to discredit any of Dre's accomplishments. Out of curiosity, why?

Wrong. Dre had previously worked with a white rapper, Tarrie B, and it was a disaster. Iovine forced him to sign Eminem.

What did Dre do for Tarrie B?

I know she was on Eazy's label but I don't think she actually worked with Dre. I believe there was actually some kind of issue between her + Dre.

And I remember her being down with Everlast, and maybe the Syndicate because of that.

Last edited:
I think the first two-thirds of this movie was great. The last third they really tried to shoehorn too much in. If there's a directors cut with about 30 extra minutes this movie is damn near a 10. But I agree with dude up there 8/10. Casting was spot on except for Ren. That guy looked nothing like Ren, but he got very limited screen time so it's all good.

I think the first two-thirds of this movie was great. The last third they really tried to shoehorn too much in. If there's a directors cut with about 30 extra minutes this movie is damn near a 10. But I agree with dude up there 8/10. Casting was spot on except for Ren. That guy looked nothing like Ren, but he got very limited screen time so it's all good.
Directors cut has about a hour more to it according to Gary gray...

Haha! Now I'm naive because I don't believe homie you posted. Haha!
You shooting for the stars bruh.

So it was ok for another Dre rider to post the same guy earlier in the thread and get cosigns, but when one of his posts talks about how that wasn't how the deal went down I'm reaching? Got it.

So it was ok for another Dre rider to post the same guy earlier in the thread and get cosigns, but when one of his posts talks about how that wasn't how the deal went down I'm reaching? Got it.

Get out of your feelings homie. I didn't co-sign anyone. I'm just saying... you posted a dude that I don't know and expecting me to believe his story? That's like me posting dudes that I actually know within the industry, and expecting you to believe their stories. But, what benefit will Eminem get out of lying about how he was signed? IMO it would've been a better story if Dre wanted to pass on him but was proven wrong. But for now, I don't believe homie you posted. I also don't see why it matters how Em ended up getting signed.

As long as it discredits Dre, it must be the truth.

Basically. Dude's whole instagram looks like a gossip site. But I should believe him?

Last edited:
I think the definition of "hater" is not clearly understood in this thread. Calling someone out on their bs doesn't mean they're haters. Facts are facts, and sometimes movies leave the facts out to make a better movie. No one is discrediting Dre for his accomplishments, but your accomplishments doesn't grant you impunity from being human and making mistakes.

Yup

But some of these dudes defend these artist like they are gods to them

Damn repped that made my side hurt :lol:

Does the film honestly need 30 more minutes tho? They pretty much covered everything.

can we get over the back and forth about Dre already

we have expressed our views and opinions on the situation

if you dont like Dre cool

if you dont like the movie cool

whats the point of staying in the thread?

go make a Dre thread in the music section and have a field day

Back
Top Bottom