STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Pretty much Cube and Dre are creatives that survived their environment.
Then they used it to thrive. Diversified their outlook, then grew into legit business men.
Thats why they are still around today.

It's not the illumanati like with Puff and Jay :lol:

I think we're talking about different things. I'm saying him as a man, the media documentation and what his peers have said about him implies that he was a coward, a perpetrator.

Growing up in a ghetto doesn't make one brave. It's all up to the individual and how they're made up. Dre wasn't active in any street criminal activity. He has no accounts of stepping to men and fighting them like he does women. There's lots of people that grow up in the ghetto and stay in their lane to avoid that kind of lifestyle. For the most part, they're safe unless they get hit by a driveby, mistaken identity or just straight up foolery by the other party. Dre kept his nose clean. Didn't gang bang, stayed in his neighborhood and minded his business on music.

That's all good, but he doesn't act that way or rap that way. Especially in the early 90's, he had a swagger about him that just ooozed "I'm the *****, you can't **** with this". During that time when he did a number on Dee Barnes, he casually speaks about the incident like it ain't nothing and he's a tough guy that handles business when pressed. "I just threw her *** through the door" type ****... Yeah, to women. Why not step to Tim Dog or Luke Skywalker?

Bruh I'm not arguing Dre's street cred or claiming he had any, but unlike Pac, Dre grew up in LA and was wise enough to not fall victim and came out on top in the long run.

Not saying he beat the odds all by himself, but to choose the path he did, knowing the climate at that time was no punk move. Was he a super gangster? No, he said that on MTV at the height of his beef with Eazy. He knew he wasn't about that life, but that doesn't make a man a coward.

I'm not about that life either, but that doesn't mean I'm a mark or am gonna let bs slide. But am I gonna do a drive by just because someone disrespected, :lol: NO.

You acting like South Central is all suburbs. Compton is not more active than SC. It's just more popular than SC. So, you fake cause you go to College? Cube never pretended to be dumb.

I don't think Cube ever pretended to be hard until he got with Westside Connection.

He lost me with that.

You acting like South Central is all suburbs. Compton is not more active than SC. It's just more popular than SC. So, you fake cause you go to College? Cube never pretended to be dumb.
Man, don't get it twisted. People hear the name South Central, Compton, Highland Park, etc. All these places have good parts and bad parts. I forget which street Cube stayed on but his neighborhood wasn't active. People hear Inglewood and think it's one big ghetto. No, there's rich parts and the slums. LA is all mixed up like that.

@freedmind2015

You should have asked the theater for your money back if you hated the movie that much
laugh.gif
One of the best movies this year, but Dre need to stop it. He's slamming doors on armed gunmen, knocking out his opponents with one-hitta-quittas more than once in the film, ice grilled Suge with no reprecussions, got into fights with LAPD in an era where they had a license to kill, whipping a Ferrari like Mike Lowery in Bad Boys 2, through downtown Los Angeles.

...Dre should be part of the MCU in the next Avengers movie. 

Man, don't get it twisted. People hear the name South Central, Compton, Highland Park, etc. All these places have good parts and bad parts. I forget which street Cube stayed on but his neighborhood wasn't active. People hear Inglewood and think it's one big ghetto. No, there's rich parts and the slums. LA is all mixed up like that.
Bruh, I'm from compton. You don't need to explain LA neighborhoods to me. But you said "he from SC" like you were saying "he from Beverly hills." But, how you figure his neighborhood wasn't active? If you from LA, you know just because your street may not be active, but the next street can be. And you still gotta walk past them dudes.

Never said he said that. There's a difference between a gangster and a gang banger. He's neither but he claims to be a gangster. You don't have to belong to a gang to be a gangster. Look at it as a noun. Suge isn't a gang member or gang banger, but his actions is that of a gangster. He is the epitome of a gangster. All these rap stars started going to jail and getting records AFTER they've made records, and it's all petty ****.
WTF...

Bruh, I'm from compton. You don't need to explain LA neighborhoods to me. But you said "he from SC" like you were saying "he from Beverly hills." But, how you figure his neighborhood wasn't active? If you from LA, you know just because your street may not be active, but the next street can be. And you still gotta walk past them dudes.
You're missing the point. Just cause he went from one inner city to another, it makes it ok? Whatever you claim, you can't deviate from that. That's what you LA dudes call, a "buster". It's basically hood hopping. These are your rules.

It's like MC Shan saying he's from the Bronx later on.

Last edited:
I wanna see how y'all act with a PAC movie. Will they show the real PAC or the studio gangsta? Thread gonna be mayhem.

Guys...Tell me about the biopic that was as accurate as some of your expectations...

I do think that the movie started to be a lot bout Death Row towards the end instead of N.W.A. (why not go into Easy's relationship with Luke in Miami or go into the disses from Dre and Snoop towards Easy and Jerry?), but overall, especially for hip hop biopics, this has to be the best one so far.

Not sure why they didn't go into the Dee Barnes incident. I would hope that Dre would be more concerned with a factual account of N.W.A. over his personal image, but I could definitely be wrong.

Also, the movie kind of went out of it's own way to show that Cube went to a good school with a lot of white people and grew up with both parents in the house. his rhymes were hard and were very likely things that he experienced without he himself having to pull hammers.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is usually the case with rappers. Real gangsters don't got time to write no bars, fam.

You're missing the point. Just cause he went from one inner city to another, it makes it ok? Whatever you claim, you can't deviate from that. That's what you LA dudes call, a "buster". It's basically hood hopping. These are your rules.
Wait, you not from LA? How you telling me what our rules are? Haha!
I don't know how much time Cube spent in compton growing up. But if he were talking to LA dudes, I'm sure he would say he from SC. But, talking to outsiders, he claimed compton. His whole crew (NWA) was from Compton. Because compton is more famous, people got the idea of where he was from without him having to explain his neighborhood. He wasn't from a rich neighborhood claiming to be from the "hood." That's different. So, LA dudes not gone call him a "buster" for claiming compton. We know SC is just as, if not more active than compton.

Saw the movie last night and thought it was dope. Theater was packed and everyone seemed to be really into it. Easily my favorite movie of the year. F Gary Gray got another solid movie under his belt. He's one of the most underrated directors in Hollywood. The Negotiator, The Italian Job, A Man Apart, Set It Off, Friday, Law Abiding Citizen, and now Straight Outta Compton... Amazing.

I'm also glad this movie is getting rave reviews and making bank. It'll allow more of these types of movies to be green lit. I would love to see a continuation of this movie that goes into the Death Row Era or even a real Tupac biopic.

On a side note, I find it hilarious this movie is really getting dudes upset becasue they didn't get the story or the fashion 100%. Y'all are some straight up nerds, lol. :lol:

Nah bruh he from the MOB 100% has it tatted on his body wore jewels with it embroidered and all...
Suge got "tough" later on in life. My fam went to Lynwood High with him. They were shocked to see how he "changed." The MOB is actually right by the old Lynwood high school. My unc still talk about Suge. Haha

some of you need to watch this interview.

also, cube never said he was a gang banger...

funny how ice cube pretends to not know what charlemagne was talking about with dr. dre dressing up like a transvestite from rocky horror while in the wreckin crew...
...he even makes fun of charlemagne for it - and everyone in the room has a good laugh
...come on brah - eazy even made note of all that in that diss track...and you were there at the time as well!

even cube can't help but revise the history - that settles it - i ain't gonna see this crap

Last edited:

Nah bruh he from the MOB 100% has it tatted on his body wore jewels with it embroidered and all...
Oh word? Learn something new every day. All the documentation says "affiliated".
Wait, you not from LA? How you telling me what our rules are? Haha!
I don't know how much time Cube spent in compton growing up. But if he were talking to LA dudes, I'm sure he would say he from SC. But, talking to outsiders, he claimed compton. His whole crew (NWA) was from Compton. Because compton is more famous, people got the idea of where he was from without him having to explain his neighborhood. He wasn't from a rich neighborhood claiming to be from the "hood." That's different. So, LA dudes not gone call him a "buster" for claiming compton. We know SC is just as, if not more active than compton.
I'm not sure about that because back when NWA came out, nobody knew what the hell Compton was but we knew what LA was because of Ice T.

Back
Top Bottom