STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Overall I think it was a good movie. It was a little too long for my liking ( I heard director's cut is like 3:30), but I understand you have 3 producers/sides of stories you need to appease to.

Personally the opening scene was the best to me (biased) - brother played Rock), showed a part of the story we rarely see versus pretty much knowing everything else, but I understand needing to please the masses.

Yea, I think a Pac biopic would be dope, but only if done right and showed the complexity of him. Like almost have to portray pac as this artistic genius battling with himself and his message and morales.

With Pac its more than just music.

Good movie, too bad they didn't include Eazy E's diss track towards Dre and Snoop, as well as their own diss track towards Eazy as far as quick scenes.

laugh.gif
 @ this thread turning into "I want my favorite rap act to have a biopic too" thread. Dipset? Cash Money? Are you kidding me? What's next? A biopic about that little brat who made "Everybody in the club getting tipsy"??

The reason an N.W.A. biopic worked is because:

A. They were pioneers.

B. They were more talented than those other suggestions.

C. They stayed relevant for much longer, as a group and solo artists.

D. Perhaps most importantly, they had a political element that those other acts lack.

Dr. Dre knows for damn sure that he was not stepping to Bloods and especially not Suge Knight the way they portrayed in this movie. Only people he stepped to aggressively like that were women.

Surprised Compton Menace was in the movie and not Game.

Not sure why people want a Wu bio pic, I don't think they have a story that would translate well on the big screen. Would rather have a good documentary.

Those links you posted don't say whether or not Dre stepped to Suge or Suge's homeboys. You said "I'll just let them tell it" like you were dropping a bomb. Haha!

Mann if you think yg is on biggie or hov level

Most rappers write
you actually think yg sits down and writes his trash

we need a rick james biopic and im shocked hollywood hasnt made a elvis one yet, that would do numbers

Back
Top Bottom