STREET FIGHTER

Everyone gonna go back to Vanilla versions of Ryu, Sagat, Rufus and Akuma... One mistake against them and you can say goodbye to half of your health bar. AE Yun, too.

Gamerbee and Mike Ross used Sagat during the exhibitions. The damage was OD. I like the idea of dream matchup mode (as long as it's a separate mode).
It really does appease everyone. The balancing and re-balancing would solve one problem and just birth a new batch of complaints. Also just to see the unexplored tech. The announcers kinda mentioned it but late in vanilla a very small number of people were starting to explore Gen and thought he might have been the best in vanilla. apparently his "hands" move built an OD amount of super bar, was safe, etc. Not to mention his other stuff.

Edit: related note- the dude who asked about marvel. They're never gonna patch it or have dream mode for it. It's fun to think about too. Kinda of like Gen in vanilla (but actually confirmed by capcom) jill had some secret tech that made her op. No one ever found it and capcom patched it out and they never said what it was.

I think it was feral stance hit cancelling for an no setup, non-tac infinite. similar to her tac infinite in umvc3 fwiw

Last edited:
Zangief is gonna have so many options after a knockdown with 2 ultras... Dash back or jump away and risk eating an Ultra 2. Stay put and block and eat an ultra 1. I can see how it might be OP for some characters. I heard Capcom is reducing the damage output with the 2 ultras...

Zangief is gonna have so many options after a knockdown with 2 ultras... Dash back or jump away and risk eating an Ultra 2. Stay put and block and eat an ultra 1. I can see how it might be OP for some characters. I heard Capcom is reducing the damage output with the 2 ultras...

It's odddddd low. Like 3 grabs low. And zangief is gonna be a bit scary. After a green hand combo stand still and eat u1

Jump back or backdash eat u2

Zangief is mad sketchy though. You can just play a mean zone game and have his number. It's Abel you should be worried about. That Marcellus roll is just beyond cheesy :smh:

Alioune kept throwing random EX cannon spike's and EX cannon strikes when Xian would try and cross over.

Should've abused light cannon strike (thrust kick) and EX spin Knuckle :smh:

Amazing set nonetheless

anyone wanna take me on a crash course in terminology? (Vanilla, balance, etc) I'm a big fighting game fan but in all honesty, I suck :lol: and I definitely want to improve.

anyone wanna take me on a crash course in terminology? (Vanilla, balance, etc) I'm a big fighting game fan but in all honesty, I suck :lol: and I definitely want to improve.

Vanilla - the og game. Vanilla sf4 is the original

Balance - is how balanced all the characters are in terms of game balance

Kappa - used as sarcasm. Like if someone said im better than mike ross #kappa its sarcasm

Vanilla - the og game. Vanilla sf4 is the original

Balance - is how balanced all the characters are in terms of game balance

Kappa - used as sarcasm. Like if someone said im better than mike ross #kappa its sarcasm

Word, word. Yeah man, I'm trying to improve exponentially...have any tips or just practice practice practice?

Vanilla meaning the first one, like when you have ice cream for the first time its usually vanilla. idk why I posted this again I just love the word
laugh.gif

If your making/creating combos for yourself with any character in training mode set the dummy to autoblock. If not it seems like your connecting hits but playing someone they'll block the second hit and then your just
indifferent.gif

when performing your made combos it should be perfected to the point where your not looking at the TV when you perform them with flawless execution. (when I saw my friend train the first time on his Vanilla Ryu
eek.gif

Also take note of the TV you use. Many TV's have natural lag which will hinder your timing for combos and overall skill. one of the many reasons I slowed my game down to a crawl and now stopped playing. will pick up Ultra but the idea of buying a 24" ASUS just for Ultra is too much
sick.gif
don't have that much dedication for Ultra or AE

Word, word. Yeah man, I'm trying to improve exponentially...have any tips or just practice practice practice?

Think about investing in a stick. Helped me a lot when i got mine a while back. 2 weeks to get used to it but it's worth it

Anyone of you guys on PSN wanna spar? I haven't played in almost a year, been wanting to get back into it.

I have a 55" inch LG that I've been getting back into 2012 AE on. Ready for ultra :smokin

...and the new update for Marvel :nerd:

Finally c
I have a 55" inch LG that I've been getting back into 2012 AE on. Ready for ultra :smokin

...and the new update for Marvel :nerd:

Marvel is dead to Capcom and it's sad. The engine is capable of so much but it's just neglected.
Not only did Capcom just ignored it but they snatched Combofiend as well :lol:

I'm so glad Apologyan won SCR but it's not going to stop all the boring Zero, Doom Vergils. I'm not going to lie though, that firebrand Skrull setup is cheap but anyone who has Super Skrull on their team is fine with me :lol:

I'm really hyped for Ultra going forwards though. Whether they decide to use any version or stick to Ultra, it doesn't matter to me. The high level play we've seen recently is just beautiful.

Marvel is dead to Capcom and it's sad. The engine is capable of so much but it's just neglected.
Not only did Capcom just ignored it but they snatched Combofiend as well :lol:

I'm so glad Apologyan won SCR but it's not going to stop all the boring Zero, Doom Vergils. I'm not going to lie though, that firebrand Skrull setup is cheap but anyone who has Super Skrull on their team is fine with me :lol:

I'm really hyped for Ultra going forwards though. Whether they decide to use any version or stick to Ultra, it doesn't matter to me. The high level play we've seen recently is just beautiful.

Marvel isn't dead to capcom. They've been handling their game rights since the early 90's, long before EA or any other company were doing games for marvel. The marvel vs capcom series is special because marvel allows capcom to delve into the rights of there most famous super heroes and most obscure for a fighting game extravaganza on crack. The thing is Marvel is really selective with their rights and like to time the lending of their properties with major properties they'll have coming out at the time. Think about how long it took Thor to finally get into the Marvel vs. series, we finally get him for Marvel 3...around the same time Avengers fever was kicking in. Same reason why we got ghost rider out of nowhere for ultimate around the time spirit of vengeance came out and Rocket Raccoon and Nova before a Guardians movie was even announced. Marvel knew it was coming, we didn't. Marvel is all about chess moves. I promise you an update for Marvel will come...expect Venom and Ultron to be cheesy characters as well :wink:

Is it true you can no longer get the dlc characters for umvc3?

Unfortunately right now, yes. Jill and shuns will return...as underrated as they are :smh:

Didn't marvel pull out on capcom? I do t think capcom can do anything with marvel anymore

It's coming. Book it. Just off of it dominating EVO alone...

Last edited:
I really hope there is a patch. I'll be the happiest man because it is my favourite fighter but Capcom were not happy with the sales of the game and they disbanded the team that made the game.

Remember Magneto's alt costume which was banned because it looked like the King of Spain? Well they didn't make another one because the team had had already split up.

We already know Disney/Marvel are hard to work with and letting the Marvel license expire was the last nail in the coffin. Capcom aren't also in the best of shape financially either. Ono said they don't have enough R&D budget for a next gen port of USFIV and given that that's Capcom's baby I doubt they would bat an eyelid for patching Marvel. (I still think a next gen version of Ultra is coming though)

I like your optimism though and I've not given up hope either. Strider apparently could not be a character in Marvel 3 because of licensing issues but he made it in the game.
Marvel is still insanely popular and it has the record for most views in EVO and Capcom would have seen this. They also included it in Capcom cup so they've not totally forgotten about it.

Combofiend said there's another special announcement at Final Round though so let us all pray |I

I really hope there is a patch. I'll be the happiest man because it is my favourite fighter but Capcom were not happy with the sales of the game and they disbanded the team that made the game.

Remember Magneto's alt costume which was banned because it looked like the King of Spain? Well they didn't make another one because the team had had already split up.

We already know Disney/Marvel are hard to work with and letting the Marvel license expire was the last nail in the coffin. Capcom aren't also in the best of shape financially either. Ono said they don't have enough R&D budget for a next gen port of USFIV and given that that's Capcom's baby I doubt they would bat an eyelid for patching Marvel. (I still think a next gen version of Ultra is coming though)

I like your optimism though and I've not given up hope either. Strider apparently could not be a character in Marvel 3 because of licensing issues but he made it in the game.
Marvel is still insanely popular and it has the record for most views in EVO and Capcom would have seen this. They also included it in Capcom cup so they've not totally forgotten about it.

Combofiend said there's another special announcement at Final Round though so let us all pray |I

Final round announcement is fifth character for ultra.

Yeah they patched the glitch so you couldn't access that costume :smh:
I would love to get new characters for Marvel. And I'm getting more bored of zoop-zoop than MorriDoom.

What teams are you guys running? I run a defensive Wesker-Ryu-Doom.

Back
Top Bottom