Students Told to Create a Business Plan for Enslaving Africans

dunno if this has been posted before or not.

View media item 155469
The Head teacher of the Queen Elizabeth’s Girls’ School in Barnet has issued an apology following complaints about the use of offensive material during a lesson on slavery.

Mrs Kate Webster who apologised to the mother of a child distressed by the insensitive material wrote “On behalf of the school, I apologise unreservedly for the distress and anguish caused to [the student] and to her mother, as well as to you and others in your community who this material may have been shared with. Now I have had the opportunity to view the Powerpoint in its' entirety, I share your concerns”.

The material which was presented to year 9 Students during a lesson on the ‘slave trade’ trivialises the tragedy of African enslavement. It included a lesson objective telling pupils to create a business proposal whilst devising a plan to enslave African people for the ‘Dragon’s Den’ and made indecent reference to the sexual abuse of African women as the ‘best thing about slavery’.

The PowerPoint presentation has since been removed from the school intranet following the School’s consultation with a national Headteachers' group (ASCL) who after reviewing both the content and presentation of the lesson expressed similar concerns to the complainant.

Webster confirmed that the resources used to teach the lesson have been withdrawn and the module will be reviewed and rewritten before the topic is taught again.

http://www.ligali.org/article.php?id=2329

Students aged 13 and 14 were given imaginary tools including manacles, whips, thumb screws, iron brands, muskets and barracoons, and asked to devise a Dragon’s Den-style (a reality TV show known as Shark Tank in the US) business proposal for the capture and enslavement of African people. Lesson materials included direction on how to carry out a “slave raid” and manipulate “African Chiefs” through bribes and lacing them with alcohol. Perhaps the most debased suggestions were that the “best” aspect of being a slave trader was having “an affair with a beautiful African girl,” and that adult male “mixed race” offspring could be sent to Africa to “run the slave business” while his white father sailed to America.

Last edited:
tired.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Word and we are in a post racial society right folks racism is just on its way out .Broad is a devil.

Sickening :smh:

and in before thread goes left with people defending the teacher's intention.

Students aged 13 and 14 were given imaginary tools including manacles, whips, thumb screws, iron brands, muskets and barracoons, and asked to devise a Dragon’s Den-style (a reality TV show known as Shark Tank in the US) business proposal for the capture and enslavement of African people. Lesson materials included direction on how to carry out a “slave raid” and manipulate “African Chiefs” through bribes and lacing them with alcohol. Perhaps the most debased suggestions were that the “best” aspect of being a slave trader was having “an affair with a beautiful African girl,” and that adult male “mixed race” offspring could be sent to Africa to “run the slave business” while his white father sailed to America.

wow.. this model is the tool that is used in America against blacks.. reading this reminds of how much people continue to teach ignorance to youth in which they will reciprocate as adults unless they are detoured in their ways.. brainwashing the youth.. the best aspect would be to have an affair with a beautiful African girl.. :smh: :x

As a black man, I honestly find it both confusing and amusing that some of the majority connnnstantly makes blatant mistakes like this
laugh.gif

I mean lady, if you're gonna be racist, do it on your own time where you can't get yourself in trouble. Or look up the definition of reprecussion.......jeez

racism will live forever. people think they can do something about it but virtually and realistically u can't

As a black man, I honestly find it both confusing and amusing that some of the majority connnnstantly makes blatant mistakes like this :lol:

I mean lady, if you're gonna be racist, do it on your own time where you can't get yourself in trouble. Or look up the definition of reprecussion.......jeez

ehh, I think she knew what she was doing. probably thinks, " going to force me to teach about slavery? ok. Well lets teach about slavery"

As a black man, I honestly find it both confusing and amusing that some of the majority connnnstantly makes blatant mistakes like this :lol:

Seriously, the fact that people think they can get away with this befuddles me. :lol: A lot of racists, do not know they are racists. That goes for every race.

....but we have a black President.

this battle is far from over.  There are more people like this than you think and you interact with them everyday.

Back
Top Bottom