Studying for the GRE...any tips?

I have been ultimate lazy and can't seem to get jump started.  I need to build some momentum.  Anyone know of any sites/free stuff with a good interface, etc to effectively study vocab words for the GRE?  I really want to get that 99% =/

I have been ultimate lazy and can't seem to get jump started.  I need to build some momentum.  Anyone know of any sites/free stuff with a good interface, etc to effectively study vocab words for the GRE?  I really want to get that 99% =/

If its like any graduate test(in my case mcats) study 6 hrs +a day (no skipping) for 6-8 months and you should do fine.

If its like any graduate test(in my case mcats) study 6 hrs +a day (no skipping) for 6-8 months and you should do fine.

Ye...i get the study part. I'm asking for materials or helpful tools online? I spend a lot of my time (at work/home) on the computer so wanted to see if anybody had any free useful tools that helped them.

Ye...i get the study part. I'm asking for materials or helpful tools online? I spend a lot of my time (at work/home) on the computer so wanted to see if anybody had any free useful tools that helped them.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Just remember a(b+c)=ab+ac and you'll be good.

tell that to team 288
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

ok mcat is not like the GRE lol
roll.gif

mcat is def the hardest test and requires that level of studying.

most people do a couple hours a day for 2-3 months on the GRE....

start here: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gre-152/

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

ok mcat is not like the GRE lol
roll.gif

mcat is def the hardest test and requires that level of studying.

most people do a couple hours a day for 2-3 months on the GRE....

start here: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gre-152/

MCATS are much more difficult than the GREs.

I'm not sure what kind of information is tested, but check out khanacademy.org for really good free video lectures on a wide range of subjects.

MCATS are much more difficult than the GREs.

I'm not sure what kind of information is tested, but check out khanacademy.org for really good free video lectures on a wide range of subjects.

^^^ Thats what im saying, dudes comparing the test for grad school in every major, (even teaching) to MED SCHOOL!
lets see what yo get on that Mcat there buddy
laugh.gif

^^^ Thats what im saying, dudes comparing the test for grad school in every major, (even teaching) to MED SCHOOL!
lets see what yo get on that Mcat there buddy
laugh.gif

Study everyday for at least an hour or two (Princeton review has a good book which you NEED to get) everyday, make flashcards for your vocabulary words and study them like none other, and brush up on your HS algebra and geometry. The book is very important as it will give u insider insight on the strategies they use to trick u on the test. It almost becomes a battle versus the people who write the test as opposed to actually knowing the stuff.

I did very well on my GRE and graduated from Berkeley... If you have further questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Good luck!

And one last thing that help me: study somewhere else other than your house... I went to borders and barnes n noble and found it to be very effective. Also, this chick saw me studying for the GRE and GAVE me her study book (it was the one that was from the company that administers the test... Princeton Review book was way better though but it still helped me out.)

Study everyday for at least an hour or two (Princeton review has a good book which you NEED to get) everyday, make flashcards for your vocabulary words and study them like none other, and brush up on your HS algebra and geometry. The book is very important as it will give u insider insight on the strategies they use to trick u on the test. It almost becomes a battle versus the people who write the test as opposed to actually knowing the stuff.

I did very well on my GRE and graduated from Berkeley... If you have further questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Good luck!

And one last thing that help me: study somewhere else other than your house... I went to borders and barnes n noble and found it to be very effective. Also, this chick saw me studying for the GRE and GAVE me her study book (it was the one that was from the company that administers the test... Princeton Review book was way better though but it still helped me out.)

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

Good luck!

Okay, thanks.  Anyone have any info on the NEW Gre?  I heard they are changing it around this July.  No more analogies I think.

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

Good luck!

Okay, thanks.  Anyone have any info on the NEW Gre?  I heard they are changing it around this July.  No more analogies I think.

I just attended a gre meeting for my major the other day...basically this is all i'm gonna tell you...

IF YOUR GOING TO TAKE THE GRE, TAKE IT BEFORE THE NEW TEST COMES OUT IN AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the boys at kaplan explained to me that the new test starting august 1st is going to be 1 hour longer, no longer be computer adaptive but instead be section adapting meaning instead of questions getting harder or easier depending on a right and wrong answer...it's now done in 2 sections so if you do good in section 1 you'll get a harder section 2.

Alot of graduate schools will probably be lost when they get the new scores because instead of being in the range of 200-800 it's not 100-170 I think for some reason.

Also if your applying for grad schools in the fall of this year and your taking the new test your gonna have to wait until november to get the results.

I was gonna take the Kaplan class but I just met one of these girls and she told me it was a waste for her, and she's a pretty good student.

I actually won a packet of those kaplan flash cards so i'm probably gonna use that, any online materials/tips, and get the gre book and devote myself to it for the month of may and take it in june.

Back
Top Bottom