SUPER BOWL LVIII: congrats KC!!!!!!!!!!

Winner?

• 49ers

• Chiefs

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s on coaching if guys don’t know the overtime rules. But some of these players aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed at times. Hell I remember back in 08 the eagles and bengals played a game that ended in a tie. I want to say it was McNabb who told the media after the game that he didn’t even know games could end in a tie.

As for Kyle Shanahan. He’s a good coach. But his repeated track record of blown big game leads and late game management is a legit blotch on his resume and something he has to wear. It’s also something that makes any coach ultimately be on the hot seat after a while. It’s not just limited to him. Andy Reid got dragged after the Eagles lost 3 straight nfc championship games (2 of them at home), he got a torn a new one after some horrible clock management in the 4th quarter of the eagles patriots Super Bowl. He was getting crap for some of the pre Mahomes chiefs teams blowing big leads and losing games at home in the playoffs as well. It’s the nature of the game.
Andy stuck around long enough to get the QB he needed to be great. He's been an elite play caller his entire career but it took getting away from McNabb and the old NFL rules to finally be acknowledged.

Andy stuck around long enough to get the QB he needed to be great. He's been an elite play caller his entire career but it took getting away from McNabb and the old NFL rules to finally be acknowledged.

Facts. That’s why while despite I’m legit in the moment annoyed at Kyle Shanahans late in game management. I’m also going to acknowledge that he’s a very good coach who happens to have some visible but fixable flaws.

As a 49ers fan hopefully those flaws get fixed while he’s the 49ers coach and they finish the job. I don’t want the Andy Reid situation to happen where he ultimately gets let go and proceeds to rack up the hardware elsewhere.

1707761349248.png

Up by 3, anything can happen, a fumbled snap, a holding call and CMac knew...

Y’all do realize that this makes the case for Purdy STRONGER?? Despite not keying his best targets, dude spread the ball around. Had 250+ and STILL had the team in position to win :lol: :lol:

Purdy made great throws and decisions last night. It took overtime to beat them.

I had mostly the same thoughts until the Q4 & OT. His play and the play calling in general were errily similar to that of a game manager and not a strong qb. He played to waste time and not as a winning qb. Just my opinion

They might’ve deferred if they knew. To my understanding there’s no large tactical advantage to going first in OT under the new rules because there is no way you can end the game on the first drive anymore.
Not on the 1st drive, no. But if they held KC to a FG it’s suddenly death on the 3rd drive.

Honestly, there’s no way in hell those players did not know the rule

They are devastated after a loss and are making up excuses. If you play Madden, you know that rule if you’re a casual fan, you know that rule you ask any 12-year-old that watches football they know that rule.

Using that as an excuse, is nasty work.

You lost a nailbiter against one of the goats no need to grasp for straws.
Just take the L.

only good thing about the chiefs winning is all these tears these right wing trash are shedding. i hate that they jumped on my teams bandwagon just because their dumb asses hate vaccines.

Honestly, there’s no way in hell those players did not know the rule

They are devastated after a loss and are making up excuses. If you play Madden, you know that rule if you’re a casual fan, you know that rule you ask any 12-year-old that watches football they know that rule.

Using that as an excuse, is nasty work.

You lost a nailbiter against one of the goats no need to grasp for straws.
Just take the L.

Facts. This is what I don't like and what I'm seeing used as an excuse.
I'm looking at this from 2 angles. It's either

1. The Niner players and coaching staff are truly imbeciles for not knowing the rules.
2. You're using this as an excuse for the loss.

There's literally no shame in losing to the GOAT. None! Stop with the bull**** excuses.

I dont see why this is that big of a deal. the result would have been the same…?

It just sounds like such a terrible thing. You can’t lose in OT and have your players come and say nobody on the team knew wtf was going on :lol:

Meanwhile KC players say they had 5+ meetings about it in the postseason lmaooo

I maintain that choosing to receive was a dumb idea. Wouldn’t you want to know what you need (FG/TD) when you get the ball? That’s something thay could have been brought up if they had a meeting :lol:

On behalf of the NFC I'd like to thank the Chiefs. It's been so nice to see the Niners tears all over my timeline. Idk what happened to that fanbase but they went to one of the most likeable to the most annoying easily. Purdy Cinderella story is over...
Facts brotha. Im from the Bay and it’s crazy annoying how these “fans” just became so cocky, and full of s*. Will never be a fan

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpeg
    IMG_4511.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 507
Would Niners been better off deferring in OT or nah? I get wanting to set the tone offensively, but I would like to know if I have to go for td or not. Different game plan when it you have all four downs to play call.
Prob would not matter given how Pat was marching down in crunch time

Another NT history story from da aepps20 memory files.

When news broke that Swizz beats cheated on Mashonda with Alicia NT went crazy. There was a thread in general and in the music thread cracking jokes.

Some NTer asked the following question which still makes me laugh today.

“I wonder if Swizz Beats yelled “SHOWTIME” when cheating on Mashonda with Alicia?”

Back
Top Bottom