SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE THREAD - OPENS 4/5/23

1680585470805.jpeg

1680585609578.jpeg

sheesh

thats got to hurt especially if that translates to box office numbers

this is exactly why nintendo didnt want to make the move to film but hopefully its just one of those critics expecting too much when its really just a movie based on the game that doesnt really have a plot to begin with?

still gon be there opening tomorrow night

Mario is review proof imo. It’s gonna be one of the biggest movies of the year no matter what

opening going to be big but the bad reviews could give it a big drop from week to week, we just saw it with quantumania when it seemed like marvel is bullet proof in the BO

and a bad reception/review could be viewed by nintendo as negative and that could impact the possible sequels

Taking my daughter tomorrow after work. I'm sure the movie will be enjoyable for what it is.

from the few reviews ive seen, even the negatives ones, seem to say that kids will enjoy it and if you grew up with the game, you'll probably enjoy it more than a casual for the easter eggs and stuff

im still looking forward to it

opening going to be big but the bad reviews could give it a big drop from week to week, we just saw it with quantumania when it seemed like marvel is bullet proof in the BO

and a bad reception/review could be viewed by nintendo as negative and that could impact the possible sequels
Thats why I’m going to see it purely to get us a Zelda or Metroid movie.

im just glad its not live action. Not to repeat the atrocity of the one in the 80s but of the recent oversaturation and dwindling of quality in superhero/videogame movies over the years.

Thats why I’m going to see it purely to get us a Zelda or Metroid movie.

need an r rated metroid prime live action though

im not sure if id want a zelda live action or animation, i think it can be cool live action like lotr

I read most of those bad reviews from there

It was mostly from critics that expected way too much from a Super Mario movie AND are most likely casual gamers that only played 2-3 Mario games in their lifetime, and only one of those Mario games was one of the mainline platformers and the other 2 being the typical Mario Kart & Mario Party.

Them "uncultured swine" will never understand everything this movie is offering based on what the good reviews are saying, especially if you've played most of the Mario games from childhood to now.

I went to see it in theaters this afternoon.

It's basically Easter Eggs: The Movie, followed by Video Game References: The Movie.

giphy.gif

The film isn't heavy on plot (Mario games aren't known for their plot), but it was good enough though.

It felt like part of the film was inspired by the 1993 film.

If you're big on Mario, I would recommend seeing it.

Also there's a mid-credits scene and a post-credits scene.

In the post-credits scene, there's a Yoshi egg that's about to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom