Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament!! FIRST 15 TO SIGN UP ARE IN!!!

Ok, we are having a quick tourny this weekend (hopefully) and we are keeping it short and sweet with not a lot of people. First 15 people to sign up are in.As people sign up the list will be put onto this post. Please provide the same information you have given in the other tournament that is currently being putin the works. NT name, WiiCode, and SSB Name.

Thanks and let's get this going ASAP!!!

first 14 people to sign up are in. The reason there is 15 spots is because I am in one the spots

#1 iRock - [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BC[/color] Canada - WEST COAST - 4811 6612 5179

i just hate the lag
frown.gif

I'm down. We should just have a little one sometime before the week is over or over the weekend. I'm not with these month long processes that involve alot of talking and no action.

Kirby>>>>*

i just hate the lag

Word. Has anyone been able to get any online matches that were completely lag free and moved at the same speed as normal. At best I've been able to playwith speed slightly reduced due to lag. It was definitely noticeable. I'm not feeling that at all. I need precise pwning.

tired.gif

well...here's the official thread, first off:

http://niketalk.com/topic/53633

i don't think i saw your name on the official list, so please post up with what i've asked for...

2nd...we're having one in late may/early june...like it says in the title...i'll make a separate thread when the time comes and the sign-ups will lastfor like 5 days or so...i'll figure it out

reason being why the official one is going to be held around that time is because i understand that a lot of people here are high school seniors or juniors orw/e. I wouldn't want smash to be responsible for the reason they get a 64 instead of a 65 for their final grade
laugh.gif
...it's better doing it right after school ends and summer vacationstarts...i'm a college freshman, but i got everything under control in regards to school so i should be okay
ohwell.gif

oh yeah...the tourney will be regional instead of random because as you all know...there could be serious lag with some coast to coast matches...so each regionhas brackets, and the top four (winners from each region of the country) face off each other...i think it's the best way to go

Originally Posted by RavageBX

i just hate the lag

Word. Has anyone been able to get any online matches that were completely lag free and moved at the same speed as normal. At best I've been able to play with speed slightly reduced due to lag. It was definitely noticeable. I'm not feeling that at all. I need precise pwning.

exactly! or else kriby is way off
frown.gif

kirby ftw!

well, sounds good, but we should have one this weekend

If people want to set one up this weekend, let's do it.

we can have 4 tournament matches, 4 on 4 and then the final 4 will go 2 on 2 and the winners of that tournament will go 1 on 1

We need the honor system as well...

DatSickKid i will def. join the tournament you set up as well

2nd...we're having one in late may/early june...like it says in the title...i'll make a separate thread when the time comes and the sign-ups will last for like 5 days or so...i'll figure it out
That's way too far from now. I understand people have school etc., but I don't. I'll probably try to get in that tourny but I'malso down with the plan of getting something in sooner.
Naw Sonic FTW, cat is WAAAY 2 fast,

SONIC all the way
I love Sonic as a gaming character but if you think you're winning anything with him you've already lost.

i have no problems doing a quick tourney...it's just that its complicated setting up a successful quick one because EVERYONE has to be on point...feel me?

the fact that nintendo's dumb %!% online system requires BOTH people to add each other's friend codes is terrible...if it were to be done quickly, itwould have to happen in all in one setting, i think...instead of it spanned out in a couple of days

rules would have be agreed upon, everyone's personal settings has to be changed (to change it to the official rules or w/e tourney), stadium has to beagreed upon, AIM/MSN/Yahoo names need to get exchanged...all that junk

for example...if someone doesn't fix their settings before a tourney match and let's say the official rules state its supposed to be 3 stock, noitems...since the power to choose the rules are randomly given amongst the people in match...if the person who doesn't have their settings fixed GETS thatoption, you could be looking at a 2 minute match w/ items and the win would be disputed...feel me?

maybe i'm over thinking things but it's just reasons why i think a big tournament with as much NT Smashers that we have takes time to be successfullydone...the smaller the #'s for a quick tourney, the better

Hey guys.

My last exam was yesterday, so I officially on summer vacation!

If anything, this lil tourny can be used to work out the bugs, so the big, real deal one goes off with minimal hitches.

If we're doing it this weekend the earliest my matches could take place would after 7pm PST.

If that works for my matchup, put me on the list.

iRock - BC Canada - WEST COAST - 4811 6612 5179

don't put me down for the tourney...I PM'ed ghettokamel1 already

i'll help out with organizing the quick one if y'all need help with it

if you guys want in please put in ur info as requested so that the list can be made. Thanks everyone for your cooperation.

Its horrid to do a tourney across all of NT. Have you ever seen the lag from cali to NY? Unplayable, even if both people are on FIOS. Hell So-cal to Nor Cal islaggy as hell.

If you're going to have one you need to have a regional one plain and simple.

^Yeah I pretty much just came to that conclusion as I was running a couple tests a lil while ago. Does anyone know if it makes a big difference switching to awired setup? I can't play with all this lag,
smh.gif
@ nintendo

Originally Posted by RavageBX

^Yeah I pretty much just came to that conclusion as I was running a couple tests a lil while ago. Does anyone know if it makes a big difference switching to a wired setup? I can't play with all this lag,
smh.gif
@ nintendo

that's one of the things i was trying to say fam...this is the reason why we doing regional first, and then top 4 face each other for the serious onelater on...

but yeah...y'all gotta figure out who lives in what region/state and then set your brackets up like that...with 16 people, it shouldn't be too muchof a problem...

EDIT:
wired setup definitely helps (my boy has it)...but the problem is...this runs on wi-fi, so it relies on how good the connection is between thepeople and how far apart they are...i could have the best connection in the world but if the dude i'm playing with is has the slowest form of broadbandspeed ever...we're bound to experience some form of lag
tired.gif

this is the major turn off with nintendo games and the brawl online...their system is @#%+@#, all that money them _'s are making and they won'tupgrade their online...
smh.gif

the closer the person is to you and the better their connection is...the less lag you encounter...i've had games completely lag free, where it felt asif we were both playing on the same Wii...yet other times i've had games where the countdown at the start of the match took about 30 seconds to finish (the3,2,1 countdown)
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom