Supreme Court Could Potentially Legalize Sports Gambling

States are scrambling to devise a plan should the Supreme Court rule to overturn the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992, a law that established a federal ban on sports gambling. A decision is expected early this year, and some justices have indicated that they'd be in favor of removing the federal ban.

Sports betting is already valued by experts as a $100 billion-$200 billion business, when legal and illegal bets are included, which suggests a massive revenue opportunity for the NBA and other leagues.

Thoughts?

Initially gonna be on a state by state basis, but eventually I would expect all 50 will join in. Legal betting thru your phone, at stadiums, online, wherever, and the country gonna be able to start taxing said money and everyone cakes.

That said, I expect some issues to arise from degenerate gamblers. Not naming names or anything @proshares :lol:
Will the mob resurface in some form? :nerd:

I also expect that 200 billion to rise and basically become one of the biggest businesses in the world.

NBA is leading the charge, but when the NFL decides to jump in, watch the splash. HUGE numbers gonna come from NFL/NCAA football. Massive.

Back
Top Bottom