Switching SIM card for iPhone

If I buy an iPhone and put the SIM card from my Razor into it, will it work? Will the plan still cost the same?

it would work but i doubt the plan would cost the same you gotta pay for a data plan no matter what thats like 20 or 30 bucks

So I couldn't just keep paying the bill for the phone I have now? How would AT&T find out?

well as long as you dont try using the internet and try not texting too much i guess you could get away with it because if you use that internet your gonna geta HUGE bill if you dont got a plan for it

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Cheapest Iphone plan is around $90. I pay $91-$95 a month.
You sure? I was just talking to my uncle earlier and he bought an iPhone last week. His plan is only $60 and now my Dad is thinking about gettingone.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

You sure? I was just talking to my uncle earlier and he bought an iPhone last week. His plan is only $60 and now my Dad is thinking about getting one.
Yea, Im talking about the 3g iphone though. When I had the OG iphone it was cheaper. Like around the price you said.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

You sure? I was just talking to my uncle earlier and he bought an iPhone last week. His plan is only $60 and now my Dad is thinking about getting one.
His plan at the cheapest is $69, not $60. Keep in mind that's with no text and only 450 min.

Does iPhone have wifi like iPod touch? Cause if it does you won't have to worry about adding data and can just use your existing plan

Unlcok the phone
Download Installer or Cydia
Get BossPref
Turn edge off

Thank you should be able to use it without worrying about data charge

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Anti Theft

Carrier?

AT&T

Once ATT's system finds out that you have an iPhone without having the iPhone data package, then you'll be asked to sign up for the data package whichcosts 30/month. Also, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to keep your current voice plan, all you have to do is add the data plan, so it'll include allinternet features. It also does have wifi btw.

wow i pay like $80 a month but i have an iphone family plan so thats probably why.

Originally Posted by hpair23

can i buy the iphone from an apple store, and not get the data plan?
Not at all, you may be able to from AT&T if you find the right person who's willing to do that. One of my coworkers got a guy to do it,but its very rare, and AT&T checks on it.

this sounds redundant and all, but what if i buy the phone off ebay or something, and get it activated at a private cellular person, like a mom and pop shop?and still not get the data plan haha

With all due respect to OP, why the hell do you want an iphone with no data plan?

That's like having an HDTV without HD service or blu-ray.

If all you're trying to do is stunt on broads with the iPhone, I suggest you don't get it.

My bill I just paid yesterday was 128.33. That's a pair of air maxes...

Switch to T-Mobile with your iPhone.

$5.99 internet plan, $15 unlimited text, $$ for minutes.

> 70 a month, unlimited internet and texting and minutes.

Save $20 a month.

my iphones unlocked and i have it for cingular, do you think i can get a regular ol 30 dollar data plan and use the internet on my iphone ? i mean theres noway theyll know its an iphone

Originally Posted by rodster831

so i cant just switch the sim cards and stay with the same plan?
im talking about the first gen. iphone, not the 3g
no matter what they will know you have a iphone. once you send a text message the system knows what phone you are using. i suggest doing what idid. when i unlocked the first iphone 2g like two years ago, i bought the cheapest data plan. You do not even need a iphone plan if you have a unlock iphone2g. buy the cheap 15 media plan. it works the same. since its all edge.

Originally Posted by derryj3

Does iPhone have wifi like iPod touch? Cause if it does you won't have to worry about adding data and can just use your existing plan

wifi doesnt work without the data plan.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Switch to T-Mobile with your iPhone.

$5.99 internet plan, $15 unlimited text, $$ for minutes.

> 70 a month, unlimited internet and texting and minutes.

Save $20 a month.
and have service no where you go.

listen guys there is no way around it. if you have an iphone 3G on att without a data plan they will find out throught the random sweeps they do to see howmany of their smartphone users are without a data plan. they will go back and charge you for every month you have used the phone without it.

Back
Top Bottom