Swoosh! Inside Nike - Feb. 12th CNBC 10:00 EST

bohrdom, I would hope that something on Campus was named after Tinker, or at least dedicated to him, when he decides to "hang up thedrawing board". His numerous and very significant contributions to the company should warrant something in his name. We'll just have to wait andsee.

As far as how much cash it would take to bring an Eric Avar or Tinker Hatfield to the "other side"? I've sometimes wondered myself, but fromtalking to these guys I personally don't feel there is an amount. They are genuinely loyal to Nike. They've built up too much pride and prestigethrough the brand and they can't see themselves working anywhere else. They have both been here through the "best and worst" times of thiscompany. The experience of being with Nike, as a whole, has taught those guys a lot over the years. I don't think adidas would even bother to talk to theseguys, knowing that their company pride and brand loyalty are irreplaceable.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Not a lot of people, outside of employees, know the history and heritage of Nike. The intent of the show was mainly to "introduce" and educate the viewing public on the background of the company and the daily business activity, as well as an overview of the "sneaker culture" that has risen so rapidly over the years.

Well-stated, sir.

Yeah, it's no surprise outside of this message board how many people don't know too much about the company. I even get asked every now and then why thecompany is named Nike.

As it was said earlier, you eventually get accustomed to the Campus, but you can never get accustomed to seeing all the "nice, eye-popping"things on people's desks. It's a wonder that someone can have that much discipline and self-control around here. I've seen things from a statue ofNike, the Greek Goddess herself; to next season's catalogs; to old, vintage shoe boxes; to never-before-seen promo items; to footwear and apparel samples,etc. etc..

One thing that ALWAYS "pops my eyes out" every time I see it, is the wall in the CES(Campus Employee Store). Those of you that work there, and forthose employees/guests of employees that have visited there, know what I'm talking about. It's the ONLY ONE OF IT'S KIND and there's no otherlike it anywhere else in the world according to Mike T., the store manager. I never get tired of looking at it. It brings back a lot of memories.Unfortunately, Mike says that we are NOT allowed to take pics of it because it is against policy. Doing so may result in disciplinary action or somesort of reprimand. I should know. I've tried haha! ... SMH @ myself.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

As it was said earlier, you eventually get accustomed to the Campus, but you can never get accustomed to seeing all the "nice, eye-popping" things on people's desks. It's a wonder that someone can have that much discipline and self-control around here. I've seen things from a statue of Nike, the Greek Goddess herself; to next season's catalogs; to old, vintage shoe boxes; to never-before-seen promo items; to footwear and apparel samples, etc. etc..

Doing so may result in disciplinary action or some sort of reprimand. I should know. I've tried haha! ... SMH @ myself.
Your human...
smokin.gif
and obviously a fan of the creative process andfinished product that Nike has out there...
pimp.gif
Very small percentage of folks in the working world actually enjoy the jobs that they are in...... good to know that you and other
" guest posters"
nerd.gif
here on NT enjoy their work place

I know I do....
happy.gif

IF YOU ARE AN EUROPEAN SNEAKER HEAD:

After my request, I've received a mail from CNBC telling me that "Swoosh! Inside Nike will be broadcasted on CNBCEurope at 19.00GMT/ 20.00CET/ 14.00EST this coming Monday Feb 18th".
Turn on you VCR or DVDR or HDR or....

Ciaooo
Pietro

I've contacted them through this address on their site: [email protected]
They've sent an automated reply at first, then replied to me twice, one time to tell me that the show will be aired and the second time to tell me theexact date and hour. Very professional staff!

Ciaooo
Pietro

Campus is great.. Driving to work every morning is prob one of the greatest joys im my life. And yes its not all about the $$ Im paid pretty well but the perksare beyond imagination. At the end of the day not many people can say I WORK FOR NIKE. My 1st day on campus I cried in the car..As a kid growin up gettin my1st pair of Jordan 3's and being into Nike from back then, it was my dream job. I was like I'm Here. Its Real. and thats the feeling alot of people getcoming to work. Eating lunch in the cafe looking over at Lake Nike.. or Over at the cafe in Mia Hamm and running into Phil or Tinker.. Or knowing that your onsite BBall court at the BO is one of the nicest courts on the planet. And you can walk around campus on a random day and see Michael Jordan,Roger Federer, andLebron James walking around.
And the Sneaker Heat on Campus.. Dont even try to compete.. Even the Admins are rockin 1 of 1's
Shout out to Mike T. at the CES he is a legend and im sure when he hangs them up he wil get a statue or something.. I can talk to dude for Hours about Nike..

*Bump*

I'm gagging to see this: Can't find it anywhere, and they won't ship the DVD outside of the U.S.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

It replays on CNBC like once a month, gotta check your guide...I tivo'd it twice cause the first one started late, accidentally deleted the new one, so nowi gotta wait for another time it airs

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

It replays on CNBC like once a month, gotta check your guide...I tivo'd it twice cause the first one started late, accidentally deleted the new one, so now i gotta wait for another time it airs

Thanks for the reply, but No CNBC, i'm in Europe.

Anyone?

If anyone is ever in Oregon or Beaverton/Portland more specifically and wants to know how to get around Campus or where they should go should they want tovisit and see the good stuff.

Just send me a PM. I'll direct you directly to Lebron's (soon to be former) business manager. He has a closet full of stuff to give away in any sizeyou can imagine. Sitting and eating on Campus is great. Like the guy above said, you can see just about anyone and if there is a Sample sale. Forget the priceof the plane ticket the experience can't be explained.

I remember walking awhile back on campus during winter and everything was frozen over and just thinking to myself...wow this place is BEAUTIFUL, then I almostslip on some ice and fell on my butt.

Back
Top Bottom