SXSW 2014

Sup NT I'm going to SXSW for the music festival, and needed information lodging. I have looked on Priceline, Airbnb and hotels, but everything is looking expensive. Does any NT in Austin (or going to SXSW 2014) know of any cheaper alternatives for lodging as the plane tickets, and music badge going to be expensive as it is. Any information on the Austin(housing,food, clubs) will be a great help Thank You.

a badge is probably going to be pretty expensive. When I was still in school living in Austin I pretty much did it every year all free. There is plenty to do without paying. Shows, food, and drinks. I'd say the best thing is to start following some of these sxsw accounts on twitter. They will always send out the RSVP links for all the parties. Just off the top of my head definitely look out for the dos xx party, fader fort, pure volume, dickies party, and there are a ton more I have to think about them.

a badge is probably going to be pretty expensive. When I was still in school living in Austin I pretty much did it every year all free. There is plenty to do without paying. Shows, food, and drinks. I'd say the best thing is to start following some of these sxsw accounts on twitter. They will always send out the RSVP links for all the parties. Just off the top of my head definitely look out for the dos xx party, fader fort, pure volume, dickies party, and there are a ton more I have to think about them.
+1

repped

there's gonna be a bunch free, but the way SXSW has taken off, its starting to be a diff vibe. If you do a free event with a solid guest, you can probably plan to be there all day. people were even taking Ls trying to get into shows with badges.

as far as the housing, I would just try more sites like homeaway.com, craigslist...there's no way it'll be cheap. Best bet is to go with a group and try to chip in money. i think some NTers have done that in the past.

there's gonna be a bunch free, but the way SXSW has taken off, its starting to be a diff vibe. If you do a free event with a solid guest, you can probably plan to be there all day. people were even taking Ls trying to get into shows with badges.

as far as the housing, I would just try more sites like homeaway.com, craigslist...there's no way it'll be cheap. Best bet is to go with a group and try to chip in money. i think some NTers have done that in the past.
+1 repped

Back
Top Bottom