Syntha-6 or Muscle Milk??

I actually just purchased my first tub of muscle milk.  It was either that or Syntha-6, but I decided to go with the muscle milk.  I may want to try sntha-6 next because from what I have read these 2 are probably the best or most taken.  Just wondering out of these two, which one do you think is better and why. Pros Cons.  Thanks.

both are garbage, seriously. im sure others will tell you the same.

if you want a good protein then no doubt you go with ON whey. Another one but its really known for being the best tasting is Myofusion. I say go with either of those, i dont think ive ever heard anyone say MM or Syntha is the best.

They're both horrible. Muscle Milk has too many calories, it's not really a whey protein, and has a bunch of other ingredients that aren't too good for you. And syntha six doesn't compare to better, cheaper proteins such as ON Whey. You could also look at Isopure or GNC's Wheybolic even though I don't think too much of it. In the end though, it doesn't matter which protein you use, it really doesn't have a significant benefit and you're better off just eating good food than depending on a protein powder.

Yea I have heard ON Whey is pretty good, but I just didnt think it was as good as MM or Syntha in terms of gains...I honestly dont mind the calories or fat in MM because it has actually helped me gain in my first 2 weeks of use already, something that I have never been able to do...I have a really fast metabolism and eat like a pig and never gain a pound...thats why I was looking at these two to help me out with my training.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

both are garbage, seriously. im sure others will tell you the same.

if you want a good protein then no doubt you go with ON whey. Another one but its really known for being the best tasting is Myofusion. I say go with either of those, i dont think ive ever heard anyone say MM or Syntha is the best.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

They're both horrible. Muscle Milk has too many calories, it's not really a whey protein, and has a bunch of other ingredients that aren't too good for you. And syntha six doesn't compare to better, cheaper proteins such as ON Whey. You could also look at Isopure or GNC's Wheybolic even though I don't think too much of it. In the end though, it doesn't matter which protein you use, it really doesn't have a significant benefit and you're better off just eating good food than depending on a protein powder.

They are two different proteins, used for two different purposes. To say one is better than another is like comparing high intensity, high rep workouts with heavy power lifting.

ON is the standard, cheap, effective, and low calories. These are best right after a workout for quick absorption and in the morning for a quick boost of protein after starving all night during your sleep.

Muscle Milk is a slower digesting protein and can be used as a meal replacement. The fats inside the shake are there to slow down the digestion and feed your muscles over a period of time, ie right before you sleep or as an meal.

I would never drink muscle milk right after a workout and I would never drink ON whey by itself as an mrp.

Any other questions let me know.

...also, Syntha-6 has about 6 grams of fiber per serving. It also has a bit of healthy fats to help weight loss and balance your diet off.

If cost was a non-factor, I would be drinking Syntha-6 for the rest of my life. That stuff is the truth.

Yea i work out at night time and by the time I finish I'm about 1 hour away from the time I usually go to sleep so drinking the MM 30 minutes to an hour after my workouts works perfectly for me..I'm already seeing results but heard syntha6 was a bit healthier so I may switch it up next tub..thanks for the input

Originally Posted by DaKing301

Yea i work out at night time and by the time I finish I'm about 1 hour away from the time I usually go to sleep so drinking the MM 30 minutes to an hour after my workouts works perfectly for me..I'm already seeing results but heard syntha6 was a bit healthier so I may switch it up next tub..thanks for the input
I'll let you in on a secret.

It's a bit pricey, but it'll last you a lot longer and I guarentee you a healthier, better tasting shake than ON or syntha-6, (Not MM though, cause that issshh is bananass)

One scoop
optimum-nutrition-casein-front-b.jpg

One Scoop
optimum-100-whey-gold-5lb.jpg

and 2 tablespoons milled flax seeds... (get the blueberry cause it makes it taste better and gives it texture)

It's on the upper left hand corner.
6a00e54fdaec72883401157083633f970b-pi

Give it some water and a few ice cubes and SHAKE it up with a SHAKER bottle. Yep, no need for a blender if you do it right.

One spoon of natural PB to snack on if you're hungry and you've got yourself a powerhouse of:

25g Slow digesting protein
25g Fast digesting protein
about 20g fiber (insane amount for a shake)
and Omega 3 fats and poly+mono unsaturated fats to aid fat loss and joints.

syntha 6 is a casein protien. that means its a slower digesting protien. some people take it befor bed
muscle milk is a blend of differnt protiens. more calories and about 20 grams of fat per serving

you wont get a solid answer on which is better.

it all depends on your goals. are you bulking?

Yes I am bulking which is why I went with the muscle milk as my first purchase.

Hey KM do you mix both the casein and whey into one drink? And also do you reccomend this for pre and post workout?

Originally Posted by DaKing301

Yes I am bulking which is why I went with the muscle milk as my first purchase.

Hey KM do you mix both the casein and whey into one drink? And also do you reccomend this for pre and post workout?
Ya man. Both scoops into one drink, you cam mix the flavors if you want but I find the best one for me is Vanilla Casein and Chocolate Whey. You can take this shake whenever you want really, it works as a morning boost if you're on the go and as a post workout with the fast digesting whey. I would pass on the peanut butter if it's post workout though. You can also finish the day off with one of these right before bed.

25g Slow digesting protein
25g Fast digesting protein
why would you put the 2 together?

if you just trained or need it as a meal the fast digesting is good and slow is useless. if your going to sleep the slow in good and no need for the fast.
what are you trying to accomplish?

Back
Top Bottom