Take the accent test.

[table][tr][td]
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Inland North[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]The Northeast[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]The South[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Philadelphia[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]The West[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]North Central[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

:stoneface: Midland.
Born and raised in Cali, Spanish was my first language tho

[table][tr][td]
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Midland[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]The Inland North[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Best Coast :pimp:

I got "The West" and I'm from Portland, OR. It got me.

It said "Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent." But I also read on someone else's from "The Midland" that "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania ..." 

I live in Western Pennsylvania now and the people here definitely have an accent to me. Their questions sound like statements. I can't tell when someone is asking something, and when they're asserting something.

Last edited:
I live in California, but I've lived on the east coast before as well as North Carolina.

[table][tr][td]

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]The South[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Midland
The West
Boston
Inland North
etc
but then for all we know you could be from Florida

I am from Florida and now live in Portland, so good job to this test :smokin

Almost every question had me :lol: I was practicing trying to make some of these words sound alike. On and dawn rhyme? :lol: Gotta pronounce it "AWN". "Hey what can I say, she's stocking me man."

I don't even know how to make bag rhyme with vague :lol:

Your Result: Philadelphia
Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.
Result Breakdown:
87% Philadelphia
74% The Inland North
73% The South
70% The Midland
64% The Northeast
22% North Central
19% Boston
14% The West
Quiz URL: http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have
Brooklyn, NY born and raised, so this is off by miles. I aint even know Philly had an accent though.

Last edited:
Got inland north, or midwest.

Terribly inaccurate. I'm born and raised in Cali, still here too, and people from the midwest (Chi and Wis) have even told me I have a west coast Californian accent. :lol:

I'm from the Bay. So I don't know how this really works for me.

[table][tr][td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

From the South....

[table][tr][td]

[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
[/td][/tr][/table]

Born and grew up in Chicago :pimp: so this thing was actually accurate

Got the South.

Lived in Cali most of my life but my mother's side of the fam is from the South and we visit a lot. Also lived in Atlanta for 4 years. :shrug:

[table][tr][td]What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Inland North[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]The Midland[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]The South[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]North Central[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]The West[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Pretty Accurate, NYC!

I got PA at first but, then went back and re did it and payed more attention and got North East.

Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

I live in NYC :wow:

Back
Top Bottom