Takeover > Ether

damn
smh.gif

i think i'm gonna have to take you off my last.fm friends list over this one
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I agree w/ op

Takeover has more replay value and is better sonically.

Ether only resonates because _s never heard Nas be that aggressive before.

But then again i'm twisted and theres a dimed out Indian B_ in my bed snoring...so who cares.

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

LOL.
Ether > Takeover. Nas won that battle, Jay won the war.

True Story.
Nas murdered Jay-Z on Ether. Dude was speechless. But yes, Jigga won the war.

Ether was a more effective song.

If anything Takeover hurt Mobb more than it did Nas.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Agreed. Cus Jay tried to attack a few people on Takeover but Nas was able to focus on jay and go directly at him with Ether. IMO thats the only reason why itwas more effective.

I felt takeover had a nudge up until last yr.... I was bumping music in my homeboys crib and ether came on as we was burning sum purple and I heard ether 1million times b4 that but this time it felt sooooo raw.... Beat flow disrespect.... And made jay put out superugly the next day.... Which was funny but ehhh atthe same time.... Ether > takeover .... Speaking longevity.... Takeover still a top 5 diss record tho

I'll put this in terms of football.

John Lynch = Takeover
Ray Lewis = Ether

Takeover knocked the wind out of Nas, but Ether tore Jay's ACL.

Nas said nothing in Ether that you wouldnt say in a roasting session in elementary school. Ether was childish

Takeover broke down Pnauze's his career, plus it was ONE verse... not a whole song

Takeover is the better DISS, but Ether is a HOTTER song

No it wasnt, most of it was corny and wack. What hurt Jay was the public crowning of Gnoz from Hot97 with the vote. The camel thought he had NY

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

No it wasnt, most of it was corny and wack. What hurt Jay was the public crowning of Gnoz from Hot97 with the vote. The camel thought he had NY
Here we go again...

Yall gonna start sayin "Ether" was ALL lies, and "Takeover" was the GOD given truth??

[NaS] "This ALWAYS happens..."[/NaS]

Even after the guys Stedman claimed to be with in his EXAGERATED history as a BUDDY hustler came foward to vouch for the validity in the @@@* NaS says on the record...

Give it a rest, it was 9 years ago, NaS won.... Live with it...

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

This is one of theeeee most overrated diss songs ever, I was so disappointed by this effort.� He spent 93%�of the song talking/whining about�howpeople�should've chosed him and how he was let down and given a bad rap by the public.� How dare they not give him the nod.� Blah Blah Blah...

The most telling line in this entire song was:

I will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me.

This was him admitting the L and yet y'all point to this like it was a queen getting snatched by a knight. I guess people just need to some sortof life raft.
��

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This is one of theeeee most overrated diss songs ever, I was so disappointed by this effort.� He spent 93%�of the song talking/whining about�how people�should've chosed him and how he was let down and given a bad rap by the public.� How dare they not give him the nod.� Blah Blah Blah...

I will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me.

This was him admitting the L and yet y'all point to this like it was a queen getting snatched by a knight. I guess people just need to some sort of life raft.
��

Jigga took the L, why cant yall fans?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

Here we go again...

Yall gonna start sayin "Ether" was ALL lies, and "Takeover" was the GOD given truth??

[NaS] "This ALWAYS happens..."[/NaS]

Even after the guys Stedman claimed to be with in his EXAGERATED history as a BUDDY hustler came foward to vouch for the validity in the @@@* NaS says on the record...

Give it a rest, it was 9 years ago, NaS won.... Live with it...

This *!## doesnt even deserve a response. This deserves...

cam-true-mag.jpg

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This is one of theeeee most overrated diss songs ever, I was so disappointed by this effort.� He spent 93%�of the song talking/whining about�how people�should've chosed him and how he was let down and given a bad rap by the public.� How dare they not give him the nod.� Blah Blah Blah...

This was him admitting the L and yet y'all point to this like it was a queen getting snatched by a knight. I guess people just need to some sort of life raft.
��

Jigga took the L, why cant yall fans?
smh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Again, ether wasnt what did the Camel in. It was the masked shots on takeover and the lunchroom corniness of ether that seemed more like Nas was clowningdude which got people behind Gnoz.

Back
Top Bottom