Takeover > Ether

Are you tryna say J**** was the only one spittin' that mafioso/5% **** between 2001-2013? 'Cause if so, Jay-Z's clearly the only artist you've been listenin' to since '01. Never compare him him to the Wu again, especially if you don't even listen to 'em.

When the **** did this happen? 'Cause last time I checked, dude ain't even Christian, nor can he even be categorized as having one specific religious belief. If anything, he's a Five Percenter.

Aight, step out the man's *** already. Reasonable Doubt's one of my favorite all-time albums but let's be real for a minute:

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt
It Was Written > In My Lifetime, Vol. 1
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life > I Am...
Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter > Nastradamus
Stillmatic > The Dynasty: Roc La Familia
The Lost Tapes > The Blueprint
The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse > God's Son
Street's Disciple = The Black Album
Hip Hop Is Dead > Kingdom Come
Untitled = American Gangster
The Blueprint 3 > Distant Relatives
Life Is Good > Magna Carta... Holy Grail

:smokin :lol:

"The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse > God's Son"

:lol: :lol: Maybe if you cut down all the garbage and filler from BP2, then I'd agree. Other than that, "Book of Rhymes" and "Last Real N_ Alive" >>>> BP2

Last edited:

:lol: :lol: Maybe if you cut down all the garbage and filler from BP2, then I'd agree. Other than that, "Book of Rhymes" and "Last Real N_ Alive" >>>> BP2

Jay-z: Calls "Blueprint 2" his weakest album because of "too many songs.".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0419650/bio

I actually saw the interview where he said this and he was basically saying there was a lot of filler. But think about it: He DID trim it down with the Blueprint 2.1 and it still wasn't better than God's Son. But Jay's fans know better than the man himself.

Are you tryna say J**** was the only one spittin' that mafioso/5% **** between 2001-2013? 'Cause if so, Jay-Z's clearly the only artist you've been listenin' to since '01. Never compare him him to the Wu again, especially if you don't even listen to 'em.
I said everyone stopped including jay-z and the Wu by the 2001 came along. thats why jay-z switched up. Did you even read my whole argument or did you stop at the comma.... When the F*ck did i compare jay-z to any members in the Wu. Personally I put ghostface before Jay. 

Last edited:
Im a fan of both but when Ether drop'd and for a long time after I thought it was better..
As I got older my views changed tho, Takeover>Ether.. Jay's second and third verse are what you would call Ether if you ask me..

Im a fan of both but when Ether drop'd and for a long time after I thought it was better..
As I got older my views changed tho, Takeover>Ether.. Jay's second and third verse are what you would call Ether if you ask me..
The irony...
laugh.gif

How do you win the "daughter" category?

Dudes out here just saying all types of stupid ****.

I said everyone stopped including jay-z and the Wu by the 2001 came along. thats why jay-z switched up. Did you even read my whole argument or did you stop at the comma.... When the F*ck did i compare jay-z to any members in the Wu. Personally I put ghostface before Jay. 
"2001-2013 mafioso and Nation of Earth and Gods, No [one] was spitting it not even the members of the Wu-tang clan."

What else could "not even" possibly imply here...? Did you even proofread your comment or type that **** with your eyes closed?

Takeover instrumental is > than ether and that's about it. Jay Z was so hurt by ether he put out that terrible super ugly I don't think nas even responded to that. How old was everyone when this happened? Not sure if the younger people can fully understand what was going on. Jay Z has had more success but he clearly lost this one. He even admits it!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Maybe if you cut down all the garbage and filler from BP2, then I'd agree. Other than that, "Book of Rhymes" and "Last Real N_ Alive" >>>> BP2
****, I forgot "Made You Look" was on there too... 
embarassed.gif
 Half the album's fire but the rest is pretty so-so imo. Both albums were pretty lackluster so consider that my generosity vote to prevent more angry Jay-Z stans.

Back
Top Bottom