Taking a polygraph test UNAPPRECIATION

What's up NT?

So I'm applying for a job in the public safety department of my city and today I had to get a polygraph test done on me. It was one of the worst/boring things I've ever had to do. Not only did I need to tell this man everything about my life that I've ever done, but he was also the most straight faced, boring person it could have been administered by. You would think he would try to make me feel comfortable, but it was almost like he was trying to make me feel bad for the wrong things I've done in my life.

Anyone else taken a polygraph before? Today was my first, but probably not my last
tired.gif

What's up NT?

So I'm applying for a job in the public safety department of my city and today I had to get a polygraph test done on me. It was one of the worst/boring things I've ever had to do. Not only did I need to tell this man everything about my life that I've ever done, but he was also the most straight faced, boring person it could have been administered by. You would think he would try to make me feel comfortable, but it was almost like he was trying to make me feel bad for the wrong things I've done in my life.

Anyone else taken a polygraph before? Today was my first, but probably not my last
tired.gif

Everything you'd want to know about someone....financial history, driving record, tickets, alcohol/drugs, sexual history, problems at work, fights with anyone, any misdemeanors or felonies committed, theft, job history...they basically wanted to know ANYTHING bad I've done in my adult life and some of my childhood.

Everything you'd want to know about someone....financial history, driving record, tickets, alcohol/drugs, sexual history, problems at work, fights with anyone, any misdemeanors or felonies committed, theft, job history...they basically wanted to know ANYTHING bad I've done in my adult life and some of my childhood.

polygraphs always seemed weird to me. i remember reading once if you put a thumb tack in you shoe and lightly press your toe on it when asked questions the test will come out inconclusive as the sensation you get from pokin your toe would make the test jump around... but never had the chance to try it

polygraphs always seemed weird to me. i remember reading once if you put a thumb tack in you shoe and lightly press your toe on it when asked questions the test will come out inconclusive as the sensation you get from pokin your toe would make the test jump around... but never had the chance to try it

he mad me sit on some sort of pad that had sensors on it. He said it would detect any movement my body did, even lifting a toe. Those were his exact words. I was told to sit completely still during the test.

he mad me sit on some sort of pad that had sensors on it. He said it would detect any movement my body did, even lifting a toe. Those were his exact words. I was told to sit completely still during the test.

I took one during a job application process a few years ago. Lied my *+!! off about the drug questions and somehow passed it. He did say that with a couple of questions the results were kind of sketchy, but nothing conclusive to show that I was definitely not telling the truth.

I read that the key to getting through it is to control your breathing, as well as collecting yourself briefly prior to answering the questions. And yeah, they sit you on a sensor thing that can detect movement so the old tack in the shoe trick will not work.

I took one during a job application process a few years ago. Lied my *+!! off about the drug questions and somehow passed it. He did say that with a couple of questions the results were kind of sketchy, but nothing conclusive to show that I was definitely not telling the truth.

I read that the key to getting through it is to control your breathing, as well as collecting yourself briefly prior to answering the questions. And yeah, they sit you on a sensor thing that can detect movement so the old tack in the shoe trick will not work.

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

what kinds of questions did they ask you?
"did you sleep with her best friend while she was gone?"

...some Maury type of %@++ probably
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

what kinds of questions did they ask you?
"did you sleep with her best friend while she was gone?"

...some Maury type of %@++ probably
roll.gif

eek.gif
  alcohol/drugs, sexual history, problems at work, fights with anyone, any misdemeanors or felonies committed, .... I would of started sweating and stuttering around these questions lmao .Other than that I hope you passed it and I personally never took 1 but I know a few people who have and passed them even tho they was lying.

eek.gif
  alcohol/drugs, sexual history, problems at work, fights with anyone, any misdemeanors or felonies committed, .... I would of started sweating and stuttering around these questions lmao .Other than that I hope you passed it and I personally never took 1 but I know a few people who have and passed them even tho they was lying.

If you have nothing to hide, then it perfectly fine. I had mine last year,
laugh.gif
they tried sooooo HARD to get something out of me. I was like
pimp.gif
on to the next one.

Even at the Oral Board, they tried to break me. Not going to happen!

If you have nothing to hide, then it perfectly fine. I had mine last year,
laugh.gif
they tried sooooo HARD to get something out of me. I was like
pimp.gif
on to the next one.

Even at the Oral Board, they tried to break me. Not going to happen!

Back
Top Bottom