Talking Mickey Mouse??? DAMN Disney technology ftw vol. i knew he was real

this would creep any child born in the generations up until now out completely. ALL GENERATIONS though, like for once we are united. we would freak the %%!# out
laugh.gif

but I swear, kids these days are fearless man. they aren't afraid of *#%! in this crazy @@* world
laugh.gif

but looking from an adult standpoint now.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I worked with Disney for a couple of years and this is what they probably do with the talking Mickey.
Two options:

1) Notice the mirror in the room, it's could be a double sided mirror. The guy behind the mirror is on a keyboard typing actions and words for Mickey head to move and talk. It has pre-selected keywords to make the conversation seem normal and to be entered quick. They're also watching you from the queue area, so they already have your material set up. Sometimes its an actual keyboard or a Playstation controller. Then, there's a director telling the actor what to do, it's probably routine now, because they practice the situations over and over. The literally spend months practicing this going through every possible outcome. 

2)Least likely, the actor is using a mic piece and the head movement is controlled by someone on stage. They are likely wearing a bag, disguised by a photographer or a regular looking guest. Usually done for outside characters/robots. 

If you look suspicious, they will use a safe routine. If you roll up with five dudes and wonder why Mickey Mouse didn't talk to you, you know why. 

that sounds like a lot of work. i don't know about programmed movements and keywords, in that one vid he addresses the visitors by their first names.
Trust me I worked at tons of Disney shows. They make a lot of work look simple. These guys spend hours and hours practicing with the technology, its just like one of your boys who plays Street Fighter all day. I remember one day I was watching a dude talk like Crush from Finding Nemo and working the PS2 controller like he was at a Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament. I was damn!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

I worked with Disney for a couple of years and this is what they probably do with the talking Mickey.
Two options:

1) Notice the mirror in the room, it's could be a double sided mirror. The guy behind the mirror is on a keyboard typing actions and words for Mickey head to move and talk. It has pre-selected keywords to make the conversation seem normal and to be entered quick. They're also watching you from the queue area, so they already have your material set up. Sometimes its an actual keyboard or a Playstation controller. Then, there's a director telling the actor what to do, it's probably routine now, because they practice the situations over and over. The literally spend months practicing this going through every possible outcome. 

2)Least likely, the actor is using a mic piece and the head movement is controlled by someone on stage. They are likely wearing a bag, disguised by a photographer or a regular looking guest. Usually done for outside characters/robots. 

If you look suspicious, they will use a safe routine. If you roll up with five dudes and wonder why Mickey Mouse didn't talk to you, you know why. 

that sounds like a lot of work. i don't know about programmed movements and keywords, in that one vid he addresses the visitors by their first names.
Trust me I worked at tons of Disney shows. They make a lot of work look simple. These guys spend hours and hours practicing with the technology, its just like one of your boys who plays Street Fighter all day. I remember one day I was watching a dude talk like Crush from Finding Nemo and working the PS2 controller like he was at a Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament. I was damn!!!!!!!!

icic, very interesting. thanks for the info. either way, the end product is just too damn dope. mickey is officially my boy now
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom