Originally Posted by hollywoodj10

shopping - Orlando > Tampa
nightlife/recreation - tampa > Orlando
sports - Orlando > Tampa
social seen - Orlando > Tampa
amusement parks - Orlando > Tampa
schools - Usf > Ucf

hope this helps bra
I'll give you all of those except Schools. UCF >>>>> USF. Just cuz y'all beat us in football doesn't mean school is better. UCF is the state's largest school, and Third-Largest in the nation in terms of enrollment. I been to both campuses. UCF BY FAR.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by hollywoodj10

shopping - Orlando > Tampa
nightlife/recreation - tampa > Orlando
sports - Orlando > Tampa
social seen - Orlando > Tampa
amusement parks - Orlando > Tampa
schools - Usf > Ucf

hope this helps bra
I'll give you all of those except Schools. UCF >>>>> USF. Just cuz y'all beat us in football doesn't mean school is better. UCF is the state's largest school, and Third-Largest in the nation in terms of enrollment. I been to both campuses. UCF BY FAR.

This. Only reason I came to the O was for school

whats up, me and my boy have been thinking about putting together a sneaker event in the Tampa area.  Any idea on venues, sponsors, good idea/bad?  just tryin to get some feedback.  ( And not that weak sauce event 94.1 put together with some bootleg J's, a real meeting for our subculture)

Its kind of hard to get heads together in the central FL area... but u can always do alotof promotion its all about word of mouth and who you know... ^^^

Originally Posted by ijustice

whats up, me and my boy have been thinking about putting together a sneaker event in the Tampa area.  Any idea on venues, sponsors, good idea/bad?  just tryin to get some feedback.  ( And not that weak sauce event 94.1 put together with some bootleg J's, a real meeting for our subculture)

Try and get organized on facebook or something...I'm down...we need to get this central FL scene poppin.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Try and get organized on facebook or something...I'm down...we need to get this central FL scene poppin.

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

we def need to get a tampa sneakercon poppin. but you gotta check them fake J's at the door

Originally Posted by jrock78

we def need to get a tampa sneakercon poppin. but you gotta check them fake J's at the door

^Truth. I've been here for 4 years now from Miami and I'd like to see it boom a bit more...way too many hypebeasts though

anywhere in tampa/orlando still got the infrared 90's? been out the sneaker game since my last s/n got banned and just found out yesterday these were retroed this year.

Originally Posted by select127

anywhere in tampa/orlando still got the infrared 90's? been out the sneaker game since my last s/n got banned and just found out yesterday these were retroed this year.

Last time I saw, Champs at International Plaza had them.

Originally Posted by select127

footaction at university mall still has sizes left

Originally Posted by jrock78

can't have a sneakercon of any kind anywhere around University mall... that place is infested with fakes
laugh.gif

sad part is the Tampa/Orlando heads don't really let it be known who we are. I go to Univeristy to cop stuff and leave and most hoodrats sit there staring like they don't know what I have on, hell the employees are barely knowledgeable enough or can't get their info straight.

The Lebron VIII midnight release was full of either A: Hypebeasts or B: Resellers. hell even the cops were disrespectful as hell to people in line. I wish the HoH was getting opened at International but it is what it is. the only reason Uni got it was because of the Jordan/Foam heads they have over there that pretty much guarentee them money.

If I am in the area though I am always down to hang a bit or if someone put together an event.

Gravediggin FTW.........
laugh.gif

But yea the sneaker spots in Tampa are suspect. I wait for the yearly pilgrimage to Ragga Muffin to get whats poppin......word to Flatbush!!!

long time Tampa NTer here,

Heres the deal with Tampa on the sneaker scene for the past decade or so,

Tampa was always known to be a bit behind the times, were a big city with a small city mentality (our downtown sucks). In order to keep up with the sneaker scene we only worked with what we had, SPOT of course being nationally known probably had/has the best SB acct in FL which is were all the hyped SB drops occurred (Spot got multiple restocks on Tiffanys). Then of course for our QS and LS Jordan releases we turn to University mall (aka our "ghetto mall"
laugh.gif
) University mall had the most Sneaker stores (Champs, Finish Line, Foot Action, Ect.) than any other mall in the Central FL area. DMP release was insane 5 out of the 7 stores had gotten DMP's! people from Orlando had came to camp out at university mall. Nowadays we grown a bit and now we even got boutiques such as Renown in Ybor (What up Ralph!) one on Kennedy, and one even in International mall.

As far as the night scene goes my top spot would have to be Czar (in ybor) on a Wednesday or Friday night, yeah you get the young hipster crowd chicks and stuff but the Create Bros (DJ's and former NTer's) spin some of the best wax that you will ever hear at a Nightclub.

Peace Tampa Nter brethren's

Back
Top Bottom