Tanya Morgan: The Most Slept on Group since 2005

They've dropped two classics (Moonlighting, Brooklynati) in the last 4 years and a couple of other decent joints. How come they're never mentioned withLittle Brother, Felt, Kidz in the Hall, Pac Div and all these other new Hip-Hop Groups?

I wouldn't call either one of their albums classics, maybe Brooklynati will be in a couple years, too early to tell. They are kinda under the radar though.They get their respect amongst their circle of fans.

I wouldn't group them with Kidz In the Hall or Pac Div either, Little Brother is an appropriate comparison. Give em a little time, LB has been around for agood bit longer plus all their initial notoriety was due to 9th.

?uestlove gave a major co-sign to LB too when The Listening came out, so that helped with their buzz. TM is a group I always check for. Loved both theiralbums, as well as the EP. Just like Ham said, a comparison to LB is more appropriate. Pac Div and Kidz shouldn't be mentioned.

They really impressed and did their thing when they came out with their first project being a concept album. Then their mixtapes let me know how consistentthey were and Brooklynati made them official for me. That album is easily in my top of this year.

Why they don't get mentioned with the likes of LB I'll chalk up to them still relatively being new but they're on their grind. They work with a lotof other artists in that circle.

Got nothing but love for this group and will always check for them.

A group NT put me on to when a concept album thread was made a few years ago
pimp.gif

In due time, they'll get mentioned.

These guys, Strange Fruit Project, & Cunninlynguists all need some praise, especially the latter.

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

These guys, Strange Fruit Project, & Cunninlynguists all need some praise, especially the latter.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The M.A.S.K. EP and Strange Journey Vol. 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cunninlynguist gets their due. All their projects are anticipated, they go on tour world wide. What has SFP been up to, haven't heardanything from, or checked on them in years.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Cunninlynguist gets their due. All their projects are anticipated, they go on tour world wide. What has SFP been up to, haven't heard anything from, or checked on them in years.
SFP just dropped The M.A.S.K. EP you can get a d/l link on 2dopeboyz.com

We all know why they never get mentioned, that good ole wacky name they have. I like Brooklynati but their name holds them back in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

We all know why they never get mentioned, that good ole wacky name they have. I like Brooklynati but their name holds them back in my opinion.
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
How is their name wacky?

Yeah this group is hot I run in the same circle as these cats and my girl Uzoy a really dope MC has some joints with them too!

And Definition of Dope what you know about strange fruit project! They are really dope too and have some joints with my peeps.

Originally Posted by Killmatic07

They've dropped two classics (Moonlighting, Brooklynati) in the last 4 years and a couple of other decent joints. How come they're never mentioned with Little Brother, Felt, Kidz in the Hall, Pac Div and all these other new Hip-Hop Groups?
I'm sorry but there is no comparison between Little Brother (one of the top 10 duos of all time) and Tanya Morgan. I'm a fan of both tho

Back
Top Bottom