TAX SEASON APPRECIATION!!! What are you doing with your withheld money?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

How do you predict how much you're getting back? I never really understood it. What if I didnt file last year?

You'll either end up owing or you'll get nothing

I'm getting ATLEAST 6k 
7de365015bc020ee95ab7772b0a8c43c4eb314c7_r.gif

85516f5c249174b5c82af4133c87757e281f1d32_r.gif

Prolly could've gotten 8k, but I carried 2 dependents all year

PS3

Smith & Wesson  Sigma 9mm

2 vacations

Savings

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

How do you predict how much you're getting back? I never really understood it. What if I didnt file last year?

You'll either end up owing or you'll get nothing

I'm getting ATLEAST 6k 
7de365015bc020ee95ab7772b0a8c43c4eb314c7_r.gif

85516f5c249174b5c82af4133c87757e281f1d32_r.gif

Prolly could've gotten 8k, but I carried 2 dependents all year

PS3

Smith & Wesson  Sigma 9mm

2 vacations

Savings

I'd like to encourage you all to at least attempt to do your taxes yourself this year. How much is your preparer charging you? Did you even sit down and try to do it?

If your situation is similar to your previous year filing taxes, look at your copies of old returns to see what they looked like and where the numbers go and what to do with them.

I would like to offer my assistance to anybody who has general tax questions. I really would like to share what i know with you, and hopefully you'll get to keep the money you would have spent on a preparer.

I'd like to encourage you all to at least attempt to do your taxes yourself this year. How much is your preparer charging you? Did you even sit down and try to do it?

If your situation is similar to your previous year filing taxes, look at your copies of old returns to see what they looked like and where the numbers go and what to do with them.

I would like to offer my assistance to anybody who has general tax questions. I really would like to share what i know with you, and hopefully you'll get to keep the money you would have spent on a preparer.

If you are getting a huge sum back (like the guy above me getting 8k) have you considered changing your with holdings at your job? Giving the gov't a int. free loan of that size may be avoidable. You can have the money to spend throughout the yr. instead of getting it back up to 1yr. later at lesser value.

*steps off of soap box*

I am going to throw 90% into the move out the house fund and the other 10% will be blown to help "stimulate the economy."

If you are getting a huge sum back (like the guy above me getting 8k) have you considered changing your with holdings at your job? Giving the gov't a int. free loan of that size may be avoidable. You can have the money to spend throughout the yr. instead of getting it back up to 1yr. later at lesser value.

*steps off of soap box*

I am going to throw 90% into the move out the house fund and the other 10% will be blown to help "stimulate the economy."

Originally Posted by Young Street86

*steps off of soap box*

You mean as far as more dependents and exemptions?

Yes ..

But I don't have the 1st clue about it and I don't wanna screw myself over

*steps off of soap box*

Yes ..

Should be breaking even, might get a little return. Rather get more cash each paycheck, than loan the gov't my money for a year... interest free.

Should be breaking even, might get a little return. Rather get more cash each paycheck, than loan the gov't my money for a year... interest free.

Pay off rent for the next couple months and get a replacement Xbox 360.

Pay off rent for the next couple months and get a replacement Xbox 360.

probably just gonna throw it in the bank, or i might be going to cancun for spring break. idk yet

probably just gonna throw it in the bank, or i might be going to cancun for spring break. idk yet

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

*steps off of soap box*

Yes ..

Well that all depends on what has taken place in your life. You mentioned two dependents, that can cause for bigger deductions/credits and possibly a new w-4 to lower withholdings(if you just took them on). Idk how much you make a yr. but 6k seems like a lot. For simplicity sake a 6k refund could have been an extra $236/check for you to have. (I think that math is right 
grin.gif
)

Who does your taxes? I'm not sure how tax savvy you are but go on irs.com and check some stuff out. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff you can take that you may not have known about. 

Now lets get down to business....You gonna let me hold sum'n of that check right 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

*steps off of soap box*

Yes ..

Well that all depends on what has taken place in your life. You mentioned two dependents, that can cause for bigger deductions/credits and possibly a new w-4 to lower withholdings(if you just took them on). Idk how much you make a yr. but 6k seems like a lot. For simplicity sake a 6k refund could have been an extra $236/check for you to have. (I think that math is right 
grin.gif
)

Who does your taxes? I'm not sure how tax savvy you are but go on irs.com and check some stuff out. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff you can take that you may not have known about. 

Now lets get down to business....You gonna let me hold sum'n of that check right 
happy.gif

Why are people so excited to get a tax refund check? Congrats you suckers just gave an interest free loan to the government. Don't withhold more than you have to.

Why are people so excited to get a tax refund check? Congrats you suckers just gave an interest free loan to the government. Don't withhold more than you have to.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

KayCurrency wrote:
humpasaurus rex wrote:
I just received my W2 and tomorrow I'm going to hit my accountant up.  
pimp.gif
  I'm going to use it towards my braces 
happy.gif

roll.gif
That made me laugh hard as hell...

I can just picture the excitement on your face as you typed this...crooked teeth and all

Damn.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

OP working on improving himself. Cant be mad at him.
glasses.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back to the topic...

I'm a student with an "under the table" job, so my grandmother is claiming me...

I'll use some of the money for my car-note, and stash the rest of it for the 2011 holiday season (CONCORDS
happy.gif
)

I also just got my tuition reimbursement $2075 FTW
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom