TAY Challenege: April Yambition... 30 (yambs) for 30 - maddog, where you at to make the list?

How's everybody doing? I see that nobody has posted in this thread lately. Look, I've been slacking as well with what just happened to my city on Monday. People have really formed a good bond with one another and it's nice to see that Boston is leaving the "Masshole" mentality behind for a little while. Anyways, to get my mind off of things, classes resumed on Thursday. I had to get my mind off of things and at least give myself some happiness because it's been FUBAR around Boston.

I just got out of my first class and went outside to chill. I saw a girl smoking a cigarette outside and thought I smelled somebody smoking weed.

Me: *sniff sniff* Hey. Is someone smoking weed here? Can you smell it?
Girl: No, I can't smell anything.
Me: Wow. I must have a dog noise or something.
Girl: Yeah, I guess so.
Me: *I sit down and she is checking her phone* Who are you waiting for?
Girl: Oh, my friend who's at the library. I'm just in-between Calculus right now with an hour to kill.
Me: So what do you do with this hour to kill?
Girl: *takes a hit of her cigarette* Just rip butts and chill
Me: *laughs* Sounds like a pretty good.

OK, I am not even going to get into specifics because I was legit talking to her for about 30 minutes. Just small talk like where she's from, where she lives now, her major, what she does for work, the events that happened on Monday. We were sitting on these large steps and there were four of them. She was sitting on the first one and I was sitting on the second one and I was about 6 feet away from her. I could already sense that we were building a good rapport with one another so I knew I had to "close-in" on her. As in, getting more close to her. In the beginning, she didn't even look at my face. In like 10 minutes into the conversation, she started to look at me a lot more.

Me: OK, I'm going to head off to get a drink before class.
Girl: Yeah, I'm going to ask this kid to help me with my Calculus homework. I'll see you around.
Me: You know we'll probably not see each other around. Why don't you put your phone number in my phone?
Girl: OK.
Me: Wow! I didn't know you wanted my phone number as well.
Girl: If you're getting mine, I might as well get yours.
Me: Sure. Why not.

I just got my drink and went right back outside. I seen some kids poser skater kids skating with this small *** deck but had some crazy wheels. I tried to do an ollie and did a manual when I spotted this woman probably around her late 20s'/early 30s. She was looking down on her phone not paying attention to her surroundings.

As I got off my board....

Me: Excuse me. Can I say something to you? Promise you won't get mad at me.
Woman: *giggling* OK. What is it?
Me: I just wanted to stop you today because I wanted to tell you that you look really nice and see what you were up to.
Woman: Oh my god! Thanks! I'm not even trying today. It was just going to be a quick day of classes.
Me: You know what really sets you apart is that swaggy Barbie bag that you have with you.
Woman: *laughs* You're hilarious! Yeah, my friend gave it to me after class for my birthday present.
Me: Happy Birthday! Can I give you a birthday hug?
Woman: Yes!
Woman: Thank you. Just another birthday down the drain. Birthdays are getting more fun than before I can say that much.
Me: The big 21? (Obviously, she was much older but wanted to make her feel young)
Woman: Nooooooooooooo, I'm way past 21 now. *laughs* How old do you think I am?
Me: *I put both of my hands on her hips at this moment to see if she was receptive of it, she was* Honestly, if you really want me to tell you how old I think you are, I am going to go for somewhere in the early 30s'. About 31, 32 or 33.
Woman: Nope, I just turned 36.
Me: Look at that. We have something in common.
Woman: What do you mean?
Me: We both look young for our age. How old you think I am?
Woman: I'm going to say 22 or 23.
Me: Close. I'm 26.
Woman: Boy, you don't look anything like 26.
Woman: I know you're Asian but what kind of Asian? I'm Hispanic.
Me: Chino. Chinese :smile: And you're Puerto Rican?
Woman: Half Puerto Rican and half Dominican.
Me: Nice! Que lo que?
Woman: OMG! You're hilarious!
Woman: How do you know how to say that?
Me: It's from dating Dominican girls. And if I wanted to eat, I couldn't speak English to the mother. I was forced to speak Spanish.
Woman: You're really good at it.
Me: I'm bilingual as it is anyways so I might as well learn more languages. But Spanish was something I picked up quite easily.
Woman: You are something else.
Me: Listen, I have to get going now to my next class. How about you put your phone number down?
Woman: Sure. I would love to.
Me: *I give my phone to her*
Woman: Is this your number *She lets me look at her phone to see if my phone pops up on the caller ID*
Me: Yes, that is me.
Woman: What's your name? I want to put your number down into my contacts
Me: Kevin
Me: And you are?
Woman: Eliana
Me: It was a pleasure chatting with you.
Woman: Thank you for coming up to me. You made my day.
Me: You're welcome. Bye.
Woman: Bye

I started texting her now and she told me what she liked about me when I went up to her. Here are few snippets:

View media item 376235View media item 376238View media item 376240
This thread is still alive! Given that it is kinda of hard to be approaching 10 woman within a week or so.

I can see the growth since your other posts, props!

But you need to stop talking yourself down. It's one thing to be humble, but talking about how you're socially-awkward isn't very encouraging to chicks when they're thinking about going on dates with you, introducing you to friends, etc. You don't need to be cocky, but don't sell yourself as an inferior product. Use some of the confidence that you've built up from these encounters project that in your conversations. Save the vulnerability for later, it plays other roles. Also, make sure you're not dominating the text conversation. Ask the girl enough questions, change the flow of conversation when necessary, and enough funny/witty remarks in the right places and she'll basically talk herself into really feeling you.

Last edited:
@solemate96 repped u on your post.....i talked to about 12-15 yambs(lost count) last week but no one is contributing to this thread anymore after my last post so i was like forget posting here. If something get serious ill post in TAY or if this thread picks back up

Good looking out on the rep.

@ricky409 Don't worry about it man. It's still April.

This has improved my social skills so much more. Like I said to her, I can be really outgoing or I can be painfully shy. Usually, I am on the painfully shy side. Seeing a beautiful woman walk right past me and not doing a single thing is what has hurt me so many years. Sometimes you're just not feeling the day and don't want to be bothered but this has challenge has challenged me to open up to people and to open up to myself and it has been a good learning experience.

Good looking out on the rep.

@ricky409 Don't worry about it man. It's still April.

This has improved my social skills so much more. Like I said to her, I can be really outgoing or I can be painfully shy. Usually, I am on the painfully shy side. Seeing a beautiful woman walk right past me and not doing a single thing is what has hurt me so many years. Sometimes you're just not feeling the day and don't want to be bothered but this has challenge has challenged me to open up to people and to open up to myself and it has been a good learning experience.
Yea I feel u on that sole. U in cali right?

not registering to this one, as there is this work :smh:
but just 2 weeks ago...

went to a club (1/2):

1st approach:
went to a little convo with this chick who was sitting with her friends, and i was like what the hell then i talked to her...

me: uhmm hello, hi what's your name?
her: tells her name
me: are you with your friends co-workers or whoever they are haha?
her: yeah, some are classmates blah blah blah blah
me: (small talk, asking blah blah blah)

cut the story short, all is working fine when she said she was going to the ladies' room and i said ok. when she came back and i see her again, this euro guy starts talking to her and by that time, said to myself...find another one...

2nd approach:
talked to a bunch of girls while they were drinking, bobbing then i hit up this white chick and asked what they were drinking because it's all green, really green like slime. she pointed her friend and asked her that i was asking her name and all, which in turn turned into my favor, because she was the hottest out of them all (she was wearing glasses) **** and booty were on fire and on point.

me: so hmm whats that?
her: i dont know too, my friend just gave it to me.
me: seems like it could you get drunk coz' all of you kept dancing and all
her: nah we were just having fun coz' my bff just arrived from ______ (can't remember)
me: ei ahh...so whats your name and who are they? (she then tells her name and introduced me to her friends)
me: i have to go back now, my friend's been quite bored, look at him, why dont you put your name and number (i forgot her name)
her: ok...she puts her name then her number on my phone...

i was really digging this chick and texted her after a few days, then after that she started calling me until we finally set our first date. actually not a date because we just drank and went to a couple bars....all things aside, i ended up banging the chick and fulfilled the mission (got her tipsy to the point of her being drunk and finally she agreed yesss!!). im still in contact with her to hopefully do this one again, as she have hot rack... :smokin

I did pretty damn well yesterday. I went 2 for 2 with a walk. I left work early yesterday because I had a test and needed to study with this chick from my class. Going to school during the day compared to going at night is so totally different. I wish I could go to school full-time during the day but work messes everything up. Oh well.

I spotted this cute Middle Eastern woman walking by herself.

Me: Excuse me, can I tell you something? Do you promise not to get mad at me?
Her: *She took a step back as a precautionary measure* Ummm, ok. Hehe.
Me: I just wanted to tell you that you look really nice and see what you're up to.
Her: *laughs* Thanks! You look really nice yourself.
Me: Me? Thanks. I was at work but I left early because I have a test coming up in a few hours.
Her: I just completely failed the test I just had. What class is this for?
Me: East Asian Civilization. Would you believe that the person that I'm studying with is white and she's educating me about my own people's!
Her: Hahahahaha. It happens.
Me: I guess. It could be because I was born here. I don't know poop about the Cultural Revolution.
Me: You have a very exotic and unique look to you. That's what really intrigued me. I'm guessing you're somewhere from the Middle East.
Her: That is a really good guess.
Me: Are you Pakistani?
Her: No, I'm going to make you guess. :tongue:
Me: Damnnnnnnnn. How challenging you are. OK, are you Muslim?
Her: Yes
Me: Ok. Insha'allah.
Her: :lol: And how do you know this? You actually said it pretty good.
Me: I don't know much about the Muslim religion just what my work mommy tells me and teaches me.
Her: :lol: What's a work mommy?
Me: She's my mother at work. I used to sit next to her and she's about 20-30 years older than me. She has always treated me like I was her own and she keeps me grounded when I'm at work or when I'm having a bad day.
Her: That's really sweet of you.
Me: Yeah, I'm not a close-minded person and try to learn about different cultures and religions. I'm Chinese and I'm bilingual as it is. Why would I not try to expand my mind? You and I are already different from the rest.
Her: I like that. You have a good outlook and I liked how direct you were with me.
Me: Direct? I wouldn't necessarily say I was direct but I was speaking freely and wanted to tell you what was on my mind when I saw you. :tongue:
Her: I'm glad you did. It's a breath of fresh air.
Me: Listen, I would love to do something outside the confines of this great school that we attend. So please put your phone number in my phone.
Her: *giggles* "confines outside of this great school". OK, as friends right?
Me: Yes, as friends. But if we become something more than friends, it's Allah telling us that it's faith.
Her: :lol: You're a goofball. :wink:
Her: Here (she gives my phone back)
Me: You're from Medford?
Her: No, Malden.
Me: There are tons of Asians in Malden.
Her: All I see are my kind: Moroccans.
Me: So you're Moroccan.
Her: Damn. Now I just told you what I am.
Me: I don't need to guess your name right?
Her: No, it's Nora.
Me: I'm Kevin. *shakes hand*
Me: Ok, I gotta go study. It's funny that we're supposed to introduce ourselves and give out of names first but we're giving our names to each other last.
Her: It's good chemistry. Good luck with your test.
Me: Thank you! Have a lovely day.

Swagged up from the feet up. I approached another girl after I got Nora's digits. She was a chunky one. I'm not even going to get into details with her but she was going to the Red Sox game today and she had a boyfriend. End of story. She was cool though. Her name was Bertha. That name matches the jelly rolls she had. :rofl:

OK bruhs, you know I game during the break I have in-between classes. It was a really, really nice day in Boston yesterday and I saw this cute light-skinned black shorty with tig ol' bitties and MASSachusetts. I normally don't go for black girls but she was dope. She was reading a book, I was supposed to go study with that chick again because the test was for the next class coming up. She was sitting on this very high ledge.

Me: Excuse me, can I tell you something? Do you promise you won't get mad at me.
Her: Sure. What is it?
Me: First off, I didn't mean to interrupt you reading but I just wanted to tell you that you look really nice. If I'm bothering you, I just wanted to tell you that and have a good day.
Her: No, no. Sit.
Me: Wow! Ok.
Her: Who are you?
Me: *extend my hand* Kevin.
Her: Amanda
Her: Are you from around here?
Me: Yes, I live about 15 minutes south of this school. How about you?
Her: I live in New Hampshire.
Me: Are you serious? And you commute here. Why don't you go to UNH or something?
Her: I started off at this school and my family is in the Army.
Me: What do they call you? Army brats right?
Her: *giggles* you could say that.
Me: Jeez. It must be a pain having to drive an hour to and from school everyday.
Her: It's fine. I like being in Boston. There's so much things to do here unlike NH.
Me: That's true. You can't forget the diversity here as well.
Her: Yes, one of the main reasons why I still go to this school.
Her: What are you?
Me: I'm Chinese. I just have a gut feeling that you're mixed with black and something else.
Her: A lot more "something else"
Me: What are these "something else"?
Her: I'm Puerto Rican, black and German.
Me: Is that why you're reading "The Life of Hitler" you f-ing Nazi.
Her: *laughs* Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They don't need to know that side of the race.
Me: But they should because that's what intrigued me about you. Your skin complexion. It's so silky. :wink:
Her: You're being quite flirty with me.
Me: I wouldn't say "flirting" or "flirty" just playful teasing. :tongue:
Her: You're cute.
Me: I would like to playfully tease you more sometime. How about we exchange numbers?
Her: That's fine.
Her: I liked how you did this.
Me: Did what? Come up to you?
Her: Yeah, what you did was really different.
Me: What? Did you want me to come up to you say "oh my god, you are f-ing sexy. Can I get your number?"
Her: Yeah, I wouldn't like that.
Me: I think that's a little too direct and to the point. I wanted to get your attention and build a rapport with you before I can tell how sexy you are.
Her: You got my attention.
Me: And we built rapport.
Her: And we built rapport. :D
Me: It's so damn nice out and I want to talk to you more but *look at my watch* it's 3:45 and I need to get a little studying in. What's your phone number? *give her my phone*
Her. *gives me back phone* Call me ok?
Me: I will.
Her: Good luck on your test. Bye!
Me: Bye.

Amanda was really cool. Once she told me to sit, I knew it was going to be good. This wasn't the full blown conversation because we were talking for about 15 minutes about her family, where she lives, what she does for work. You know, the usual things in getting to know a person. The really important thing was I wasn't the one interrogating her with all the questions. She was the one who kept asking me questions and wanting to learn more about me. It felt kind of weird being on the other side of the table but there was a sense of relief because things flowed naturally and I didn't have to do all the work for a change.

I have an update on Eliana. I've been texting her a lot lately and she's feeling the kid. She was talking about how skinny I was and that I need to eat more. So I told her to make me lasagna and bring it to school and shorty actually did! :pimp: I was grubbing hard yesterday. I haven't even gone on a date with her but that's props already in my book for feeding me. We've both been busy with schoolwork and work but I plan on taking her to the museum soon. I'll be inside of her shortly. She told me that I just have to take her out on one date and then I can do whatever I want with her. She likes the pain but doesn't want to get abused. :lol:

Them late 30s' yamb yambs and a full stomach after passing a test. :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Damn this thread may have created a young Bull out here. Good stuff Solemate. I was gonna say dial back the wordiness of the texts, but **** it, do what feels natural to you till it fails.

Soul...

View media item 383868
I can see the growth since your other posts, props!

But you need to stop talking yourself down. It's one thing to be humble, but talking about how you're socially-awkward isn't very encouraging to chicks when they're thinking about going on dates with you, introducing you to friends, etc. You don't need to be cocky, but don't sell yourself as an inferior product. Use some of the confidence that you've built up from these encounters project that in your conversations. Save the vulnerability for later, it plays other roles. Also, make sure you're not dominating the text conversation. Ask the girl enough questions, change the flow of conversation when necessary, and enough funny/witty remarks in the right places and she'll basically talk herself into really feeling you.

I like that. It's give and take.

---

Ended up pulling in one of my younger brother's friends last Saturday at the bar while celebrating his 22nd birthday.

Built a foundation over 3 months ago by infrequent meet-ups as we all watched UFC fights.

Took a move from SimplePickUp Tips when we were at the bar that night by pulling her hips to mine as we spoke and next thing I know she goes aggressive and were lip locking ahah.

I had my drink on and definitely was going for the yambs for the night, but my problem is I can't seem to convert for the three point play in situations like these. :smh: Definitely going to follow up.

Also, turns out my brother's best friend has been hunting for her since high school. He dashed after he saw us at the bar. Afterwards, my bro gave me the greenlight since she's told him the guy has no chance. I'm not in the wrong, right? I only ask because I feel guilty about potentially messing up my brother's main circle lol.

Don't hate the player, hate the game?

I wasn't even trying to spit game over the weekend. I went to school to get some peace and quiet to work on my paper. I even told myself that I would not do any gaming and only focus on my paper. I wasn't expecting much people since it was a Sunday but this one pretty girl just had to sit two tables away from me. I wasn't going to bother her because she was doing work herself. The only way I was going to go up and talk to her was if she left before me. What do you know? She did. I saw her packing her stuff away but there was two ways to leave. If she went the other way, that would be fine. If she came my way, I would ask her. Obviously, she came my way.

Me: Excuse me, I saw you hard at work and didn't want to interrupt you but I saw you and wanted to tell you that you look really nice today.
Her: Oh gosh. Thanks. I can feel myself blushing and getting red.
Me: I don't see your cheeks getting red. Wait, now I see it. :tongue: I'm kidding.
Me: I'm sorry. Did you want to sit? (My backpack was on the other chair)
Her: Sure.
Me: You looked really focused on your laptop and I didn't want to bother you. What was it that you were working on?
Her: My thesis paper. It's a 40 page paper and I'm almost done.
Me: So, you must be on page 38 by now right? :D
Her: *laughs* Just about actually.
Her: What are you working on?
Me: I'm working on a paper too but this is for my East Asian Civilization class.
Her: Interesting. I knew somebody from China who went to school here but he went back to China.
Me: That's cool. Yeah, I'm reading this book and I have to write about it. It's a pretty interesting book about a foreign exchange student in China during the 70s'.
Her: That sounds like a book I would read. Who? Who are you?
Me: Sorry. I'm Kevin *extend my hand* And you are?
Her: Cassandra *shakes hand*
Me: Do people call you "Cassie"?
Her: No, actually. People call me Sandra more. I've never gotten "Cassie" but I wouldn't mind answering to it.
Me: OK, I'll call you Cassandra as of now. Once we know each other more, I'll call you Cassie. :wink:
Her: You know? That's not a bad idea. *giggles*
Me: I'm sure you get this a lot.
Her: What?
Me: You have really nice eyes.
Her: *laughs* No, I never got that compliment before but thank you. I don't want to get red again. Haha
Me: I guess people have never noticed besides me.
Her: It's only been you.
Me: So tell me, with amazing eyes like that, you must have someone.
Her: In a way, I do. He technically calls me his "girlfriend".
Me: Oh ok. I'm not going to get your phone number since you're talking to someone. But does he treat you right? I would be pissed knowing that he isn't good to you and I couldn't get the opportunity to learn more about you.
Her: He's not bad but it's a little complicated.
Me: You don't have to say anymore. Will we get a chance to talk again?
Her: I'm here Monday to Friday all day.
Me: The campus is quite big and I'm only here on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-7.
Her: I'm here at 2. I have lab during that time.
Her: How about this? If I see you walking on campus, I will come up to you to say hi just like you did with me. The thing about me is, even with so many people walking I'll still be able to spot you. I have really good eyes.
Me: I know. I complimented you on them. But I didn't know those really nice eyes had hawk-like vision too.
Her: *laughs* I'll be able to spot you from a mile away.
Me: Yeah, that'll be nice. I hope I bump into you again.
Her: I hope so too, Kevin. I have to get going now.
Me: Have a good rest of the Sunday.
Her: Thanks Kevin! Bye.

One more day until this end. About to go hard in the paint today.

Last edited:
I wasn't even trying to spit game over the weekend. I went to school to get some peace and quiet to work on my paper. I even told myself that I would not do any gaming and only focus on my paper. I wasn't expecting much people since it was a Sunday but this one pretty girl just had to sit two tables away from me. I wasn't going to bother her because she was doing work herself. The only way I was going to go up and talk to her was if she left before me. What do you know? She did. I saw her packing her stuff away but there was two ways to leave. If she went the other way, that would be fine. If she came my way, I would ask her. Obviously, she came my way.

Me: Excuse me, I saw you hard at work and didn't want to interrupt you but I saw you and wanted to tell you that you look really nice today.
Her: Oh gosh. Thanks. I can feel myself blushing and getting red.
Me: I don't see your cheeks getting red. Wait, now I see it. :tongue: I'm kidding.
Me: I'm sorry. Did you want to sit? (My backpack was on the other chair)
Her: Sure.
Me: You looked really focused on your laptop and I didn't want to bother you. What was it that you were working on?
Her: My thesis paper. It's a 40 page paper and I'm almost done.
Me: So, you must be on page 38 by now right? :D
Her: *laughs* Just about actually.
Her: What are you working on?
Me: I'm working on a paper too but this is for my East Asian Civilization class.
Her: Interesting. I knew somebody from China who went to school here but he went back to China.
Me: That's cool. Yeah, I'm reading this book and I have to write about it. It's a pretty interesting book about a foreign exchange student in China during the 70s'.
Her: That sounds like a book I would read. Who? Who are you?
Me: Sorry. I'm Kevin *extend my hand* And you are?
Her: Cassandra *shakes hand*
Me: Do people call you "Cassie"?
Her: No, actually. People call me Sandra more. I've never gotten "Cassie" but I wouldn't mind answering to it.
Me: OK, I'll call you Cassandra as of now. Once we know each other more, I'll call you Cassie. :wink:
Her: You know? That's not a bad idea. *giggles*
Me: I'm sure you get this a lot.
Her: What?
Me: You have really nice eyes.
Her: *laughs* No, I never got that compliment before but thank you. I don't want to get red again. Haha
Me: I guess people have never noticed besides me.
Her: It's only been you.
Me: So tell me, with amazing eyes like that, you must have someone.
Her: In a way, I do. He technically calls me his "girlfriend".
Me: Oh ok. I'm not going to get your phone number since you're talking to someone. But does he treat you right? I would be pissed knowing that he isn't good to you and I couldn't get the opportunity to learn more about you.
Her: He's not bad but it's a little complicated.
Me: You don't have to say anymore. Will we get a chance to talk again?
Her: I'm here Monday to Friday all day.
Me: The campus is quite big and I'm only here on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-7.
Her: I'm here at 2. I have lab during that time.
Her: How about this? If I see you walking on campus, I will come up to you to say hi just like you did with me. The thing about me is, even with so many people walking I'll still be able to spot you. I have really good eyes.
Me: I know. I complimented you on them. But I didn't know those really nice eyes had hawk-like vision too.
Her: *laughs* I'll be able to spot you from a mile away.
Me: Yeah, that'll be nice. I hope I bump into you again.
Her: I hope so too, Kevin. I have to get going now.
Me: Have a good rest of the Sunday.
Her: Thanks Kevin! Bye.

One more day until this end. About to go hard in the paint today.

My man, you seem to have really perfected taking an extremely simple compliment and not even really pickup lines to open up the yambs and end up getting quite a few numbers :smokin :smokin Best part is that that opening literally works anywhere and anytime.

My man, you seem to have really perfected taking an extremely simple compliment and not even really pickup lines to open up the yambs and end up getting quite a few numbers :smokin :smokin Best part is that that opening literally works anywhere and anytime.

Thanks bro! Sucks that April ended but I've been doing the same thing in May now as well. :lol:

:smh: im late as hell to discover this thread.

but damn i wish yall had all this info up before i graduated college. im bout to camp out at UMD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom