TAY: thread about yambs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom!

something I didn't want to acknowledge but it's the truth. I'm off that. Don't get me wrong she's an alright girl, but since I will eventually run back into this girl down the road because we share mutual friend, as a collegue/resource and because I may bump into her at a convention I'm gonna keep it as an acquaintance.

But this day date **** really had me pissed not gonna lie. :lol Like it's 2013....I know wtf a day date means...sorta. *****wtbs.

One of my grad professors laid this line on me last semester:

"I'm always trying to kill two birds with same stone. Problem is, my whole life is filled with birds"

:lol
You say you cancelled it...so just wondering how you think your friendship with her is gonna be now. Surely she holds some contempt for you now, albeit a little, since she did reject you kind of.

How do you think she'll act next time you see her?

I'm never able to stay on good terms with girls I let go....that's why I ask. Some girls hate me for treating them like clowns 4 years ago :{

there is no friendship. I'm just keeping her as a resource. It's not like I spit on her...I just told her that a lunch date wasn't my thing and I think she got the message. I said told her to be safe and that was that.

It's not more of how she will act, it's more of how I will. I'm not gonna hold a grudge...she was my teammate, we did work together and we had some good laughs and being one of the only guys in class she's gonna remember me. When I see her next time I'm just gonna keep it lowkey, not as excited to see her as I was when I thought something was gonna go down.

I'm telling you after that lunch date proposal I'm kinda over it. I know where I stand and that's the important part. Plus a long distance kinda thing isn't really my thing but I said if we went to dinner i would'a made an attempt to suck her face clean off her face. :lol that way when i came back on breaks I still had a prospect and I knew what was going on between me and her.

My boy just hit me up with a "i just sealed the deal" text. As in he just smashed out this married chick.

I think its messed up. Chick is married with a kid. Chick has no morals. Smh.

:{:rolleyes
if she threw it at him, cant eem trip on him...

but if he pursued it...

:{

[COLOR=#red]My fellow Yambers. I'm at this party at Sam Houston U with my frat. Holy ish, I'm overwhelmed by the sheer amount of bad broads. I aint eem know they did it like that out here. Only a short trip from A&M. Gonna try to be good. Wish me luck bros[/COLOR]

Went to a party last weekend, and I was talking to this girl that happened to be one of my bro's friends here at school. We talked for about 10 min, had some laughs, then went our separate ways, then we danced for a bit when the reggae tracks hit... I didn't cop her number at the time.. :{ My bro had it, and sent me her number though.

Personally, I hate having someone's number without them knowing, but I really want to hit her up... I'm not sure how to go about this at all, I've never contacted a girl when I got her number from another person without her consent.

What are your thoughts on this?? Should I just shoot her a text (what to say??), or should I just hope to catch her around on campus (never seen her at school before though)

The way she was grinding on me had me weak.. She left me feeling a bit parched.

Went to a party last weekend, and I was talking to this girl that happened to be one of my bro's friends here at school. We talked for about 10 min, had some laughs, then went our separate ways, then we danced for a bit when the reggae tracks hit... I didn't cop her number at the time.. :{ My bro had it, and sent me her number though.

Personally, I hate having someone's number without them knowing, but I really want to hit her up... I'm not sure how to go about this at all, I've never contacted a girl when I got her number from another person without her consent.

What are your thoughts on this?? Should I just shoot her a text (what to say??), or should I just hope to catch her around on campus (never seen her at school before though)

That's semi-creepy. I've never done that before. If anything, find her on fb and ask her there. Or wait until you run into her somehow.

I Go to UIC. The only reason I was taking my time was because I wanted to build my roster up with 3 or 4 more girls before I started to focus on one.
The thing is Ive NEVER been on a date before. So, I really have no clue about what to do or how to ask her to go on date.

Man, search on Facebook for a page called "Free things to do in Chicago" It ALWAYS something to do in the city.Is she a sports fan at all? I know yourre on the westside but I dont beleive its that hard to
get downtown (where most things are happening) for an interesting, chill date.

Also, you mentioned that you dont know what to do on a date... thats just it, you dont do anything! You hang out just like you have been, its just that you all mutually set time aside to hangout this time. Dont overt hink it. Hell, ive had chicks tell me that coming over my crib and just hanging out is a "date" to them.

Do what feels natural.

If things went the way you said they did, i would straight tell her the truth (I think people overlook how valuable the truth can be)

"Hey, i know this is a little awkward, but i met you at the party last weekend, and i was tellin my boy about this girl (you) that i was having a blast with and totally didnt get the #...he said he knew you and gave me your #"

gotta shorten it for text. tho.

That's semi-creepy. I've never done that before. If anything, find her on fb and ask her Or wait until you run into her somehow somehow.
Agreed, have your boy set you up with the assist. Try to get you both in the same place to kick it more and formally get her number.

[COLOR=#red]Ricky, I know you are busy with school and work, but bro you gonna have to schedule at least one road trip. [/COLOR]

eh.... I don't know if I'm overreacting or what , but I'm just not feeling like his heart is all the way in this. Spoke to my mom about it and she was like in this generation finding an "all in one" relationship where you get everything is asking for a one in a million type deal. If I'm getting 90% of what I need then be happy with that and look for the 10% elsewhere. The 10% being someone to talk to and confide in. I mean, I didn't know I was asking the world if I want to actually have conversations with my BF throughout the week about our days etc. Or anything, you know? I don't feel like we are friends.

Other than that he's honestly one of the best BFs I've had. He made me a map of LA for Christmas out of wood, invited me to holiday office party, always invites me to things his friends has. Doesn't mind showing affection when we are around his friends or out in public. Holds my jacket , offers to help me in the kitchen when I'm cooking or when I'm washing dishes. If I'm at his spot he really tries to clean up before I come over, which before he'd just leave it looking crappy. Always offers to get me drinks or food if I'm laying down, like he's just extremely accommodating. Dates are always taken care of, it's never a question. He's really good at the logistical stuff of what it takes to be a BF. But the emotional really letting me into his life, I feel like he's got a firewall up.

This weekend he's spending time with his fam and I didn't offer me an invitation, I offered him to come over for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. However, he doesn't really like spending time with his family because of their religious beliefs and he told me that if I came around they'd just ask what religion I was. I'm not a christian, and honestly neither is he (but they don't know). If I came out and said I wasn't one, then they'd be like "oh, well _____ is so how do you guys' relationship even work?" Then BOOM! Family drama :lol :lol But still, he could've asked... I would've decline, but it would've been nice if he at least asked.

He never asks me personal questions about my life, my career, what I want to do in the future. I wrote an article recently and I emailed him a draft to proofread. That was Monday. He didn't email me back until thursday, and that was AFTER I emailed him again asking if he got to it. Kicker is he didn't go in to work Wednesday so it's not like he was busy. Plus he doesn't have a job where he stays late. He's home by 5 and does nothing really afterwards. Then I had to ASK him to share it for me on Facebook to get more exposure (all he did was 'like' :lol ). Meanwhile I had 4 of my homegirls already share it and I didn't have to ask them, they just did it. Then when he did share it , it kinda came off .... I don't know.... like he was being sarcastic. Didn't seem genuine. But damn you my man right? You're supposed to be proud of me... just like I'd be of you if you didn't anything. You wouldn't have to ask me. Am I making sense to any of you??? It's lil' stuff like that where I just feel like he doesn't care about "ME, ME."

But the thing is when I was single even the dudes who I did talk to all the time on the phone etc. they wasn't trying to commit or was on some other BS. I mean guys who'd text me "good morning" every day like clockwork.... but eh, they prolly was just tryna smash :lol :lol I'm pretty sure had we gotten to the point of having sex all that other stuff would've stopped. It's like with them I was getting that 10% but the other 90% wasn't there. I got a homegirl who has been dating this guy for AT LEAST 3-4 months and they do EVERYTHING TOGETHER. Dates, sex, talk on the phone, I mean everything. Yet she tells me that he hasn't mentioned anything about them being in a relationship. I didn't ask if she knows if he sleeps with other people.

any help is appreciated, and please... if I'm being irrational let me know. I want to get a male perspective. We've been together 6 months.

Last edited:

Why don't you have your brother talk to her?

Something like
"Hey, i know this is a little awkward, but my brother met you at the party last weekend, and he was tellin me about this girl (you) that he was having a blast with and totally didnt get the #...I said I knew you. Can I give him your #?"

Last edited:
Ain't nothing cool about that youngin, actually pretty lame of you.
c/s

If your Mom, sister or daughter chose to be a hoee would you want someone talking to them like that?

Respect the ***'s, their people with feelings too. You had no right to pop off like a lame fool who gets NO buns.

Why don't you have your brother talk to her?

Something like
"Hey, i know this is a little awkward, but my brother met you at the party last weekend, and he was tellin me about this girl (you) that he was having a blast with and totally didnt get the #...I said I knew you. Can I give him your #?"

Brother? why lie?

eh.... I don't know if I'm overreacting or what , but I'm just not feeling like his heart is all the way in this. Spoke to my mom about it and she was like in this generation finding an "all in one" relationship where you get everything is asking for a one in a million type deal. If I'm getting 90% of what I need then be happy with that and look for the 10% elsewhere. The 10% being someone to talk to and confide in. I mean, I didn't know I was asking the world if I want to actually have conversations with my BF throughout the week about our days etc. Or anything, you know? I don't feel like we are friends.

Other than that he's honestly one of the best BFs I've had. He made me a map of LA for Christmas out of wood, invited me to holiday office party, always invites me to things his friends has. Doesn't mind showing affection when we are around his friends or out in public. Holds my jacket , offers to help me in the kitchen when I'm cooking or when I'm washing dishes. If I'm at his spot he really tries to clean up before I come over, which before he'd just leave it looking crappy. Always offers to get me drinks or food if I'm laying down, like he's just extremely accommodating. Dates are always taken care of, it's never a question. He's really good at the logistical stuff of what it takes to be a BF. But the emotional really letting me into his life, I feel like he's got a firewall up.

This weekend he's spending time with his fam and I didn't offer me an invitation, I offered him to come over for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. However, he doesn't really like spending time with his family because of their religious beliefs and he told me that if I came around they'd just ask what religion I was. I'm not a christian, and honestly neither is he (but they don't know). If I came out and said I wasn't one, then they'd be like "oh, well _____ is so how do you guys' relationship even work?" Then BOOM! Family drama :lol :lol But still, he could've asked... I would've decline, but it would've been nice if he at least asked.

He never asks me personal questions about my life, my career, what I want to do in the future. I wrote an article recently and I emailed him a draft to proofread. That was Monday. He didn't email me back until thursday, and that was AFTER I emailed him again asking if he got to it. Kicker is he didn't go in to work Wednesday so it's not like he was busy. Plus he doesn't have a job where he stays late. He's home by 5 and does nothing really afterwards. Then I had to ASK him to share it for me on Facebook to get more exposure (all he did was 'like' :lol ). Meanwhile I had 4 of my homegirls already share it and I didn't have to ask them, they just did it. Then when he did share it , it kinda came off .... I don't know.... like he was being sarcastic. Didn't seem genuine. But damn you my man right? You're supposed to be proud of me... just like I'd be of you if you didn't anything. You wouldn't have to ask me. Am I making sense to any of you??? It's lil' stuff like that where I just feel like he doesn't care about "ME, ME."

But the thing is when I was single even the dudes who I did talk to all the time on the phone etc. they wasn't trying to commit or was on some other BS. I mean guys who'd text me "good morning" every day like clockwork.... but eh, they prolly was just tryna smash :lol :lol I'm pretty sure had we gotten to the point of having sex all that other stuff would've stopped. It's like with them I was getting that 10% but the other 90% wasn't there. I got a homegirl who has been dating this guy for AT LEAST 3-4 months and they do EVERYTHING TOGETHER. Dates, sex, talk on the phone, I mean everything. Yet she tells me that he hasn't mentioned anything about them being in a relationship. I didn't ask if she knows if he sleeps with other people.

any help is appreciated, and please... if I'm being irrational let me know. I want to get a male perspective. We've been together 6 months.

Honestly I was that dude, purely harmless intentions. I can understand how people have no idea what's going on behind that firewall though and make assumptions and pull away. If anything it's his fault. Took her actually moving on for me to realize how that would affect someone in a relationship. It caught me off guard cuz I thought we were good and wasn't thinking anything of my behavior. Drove me crazy for a bit trying to figure out what went wrong, how could someone so all about me basically hate me now when we never really argued? she felt dejected though I was only about her too. Some wench stomped on our hearts long ago and made us apprehensive, but you gotta learn to move on and be vulnerable with the one you currently care about. I say lay it out to him like you did here, if he still can't see it, or make moves to improve, you gotta do what you gotta do.

c/s

If your Mom, sister or daughter chose to be a hoee would you want someone talking to them like that?

Respect the ***'s, their people with feelings too. You had no right to pop off like a lame fool who gets NO buns.

Yeah that's ridiculously lame and disrespectful, try to stay away from that. I understand just going for it, but that ain't how you do it. Crazy thing is, looks like she would've been down had you came correct instead of word vomit.

Honestly I was that dude, purely harmless intentions. I can understand how people have no idea what's going on behind that firewall though and make assumptions and pull away. If anything it's his fault. Took her actually moving on for me to realize how that would affect someone in a relationship. It caught me off guard cuz I thought we were good and wasn't thinking anything of my behavior. Drove me crazy for a bit trying to figure out what went wrong, how could someone so all about me basically hate me now when we never really argued? she felt dejected though I was only about her too. Some wench stomped on our hearts long ago and made us apprehensive, but you gotta learn to move on and be vulnerable with the one you currently care about. I say lay it out to him like you did here, if he still can't see it, or make moves to improve, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Yeah that's ridiculously lame and disrespectful, try to stay away from that. I understand just going for it, but that ain't how you do it. Crazy thing is, looks like she would've been down had you came correct instead of word vomit.

we had a talk a while back... he told me he's not good a long term relationships, and I asked him flat out back then if he just wanted us to break up and still be friends or whatever. He told me, he didn't want that... he likes when I am around and he wants us to be together. We both said that we didn't want to "go through the motions" if we feel like it's not good. Talked about communicating better and all that. I do make him think about things and he says that I am a good influence on him (he's probably talking about how I push him to be more active, eat healthier, clean up, dress better etc.) He's also a good influence on me, he challenges me to do things that I don't do because I am not good at them (art, bowling, etc. :lol Pottery was a DISASTER) I get really frustrated at him (which isn't fair) but he just still works with me through my competitiveness and helps me still.

I want my man to feel proud of me and want to get to know me for who I am inside. We've been together 6 months and you've never asked me anything personal? That makes me feel like he doesn't care. I try to talk to him and he never asks follow up questions to keep the convo going. But maybe you right Mark, I should bring these things up to him to let him know it' how I feel---- but then again, it's bothering me that's he's fine with NOT asking personal things.

I don't want you to ask cuz I asked you to ask, I want you to ask because it's genuine and you want to know.

Youngin? :lol She's a jumpoff kid, I'm not bout to respect her, it ain't like I haven't already hit.

You probably the type to be simpin on joints ala K-Steezy ain't ya? Have a seat bruh.

But she is down and I've hit already multiple times. I literally typed that message while the chick who ended up topped me off was reading over my shoulder. NO ducktales.

Last edited:
Youngin? :lol She's a jumpoff kid, I'm not bout to respect her, it ain't like I haven't already hit.

You probably the type to be simpin on joints ala K-Steezy ain't ya? Have a seat bruh.
But she is down and I've hit already multiple times. I literally typed that message while the chick who ended up topped me off was reading over my shoulder. NO ducktales.

Trust me ain't a saving bone in my body, but you clearly posted that for cool points. To try to show how ruthless you are with the broads.

JO or not you clearly tricked off some for sure buns bc you can't handle your alcohol. But you young, you'll learn with time. Yea you prolly got your nut off but your first option basically told you to go play in traffic.

Trust me ain't a saving bone in my body, but you clearly posted that for cool points. To try to show how ruthless you are with the broads.

JO or not you clearly tricked off some for sure buns bc you can't handle your alcohol. But you young, you'll learn with time. Yea you prolly got your nut off but your first option basically told you to go play in traffic.

I did it for the "lulz" not for cool points slim, it's a message board, I don't care about no "cool points".

And the one in the text messages is my 2nd option. I have a good FWB who's always the 1st option.

You talkin like you know my life :lol

I'm done with it after this but...

Help me understand internet terms aint lulz = cool points.

So you was with your 1st option but you hitting up your 2nd option, she told you nah I'm good...you get emotional and say F her?

Then you throw another broad in her face? And this is all over late night texting bc your drunk and thristy? Yea I stand by my first statement def lame of you.

Then you threw a smiley face at the end :lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom