TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

Ugh, sucks to be broke.. Anyone need UNDFTDs?
wink.gif

i havent been in here much because..........................ihavent bought any shoes in bout 2 months

anyone wnat these sheeds? size 12...
its a guy on uptowns sellin them

41112827eu0.jpg

Originally Posted by prymone

i havent been in here much because..........................ihavent bought any shoes in bout 2 months

anyone wnat these sheeds? size 12...
its a guy on uptowns sellin them

41112827eu0.jpg

eek.gif
smokin.gif

Thread has been a lil' slow as of late...I don't have anything new to contribute, haven't bought anything new in months, I've actually starteddownsizing- sold my obsidian/columbias and will be parting with a couple more in the near future.

I'm guilty as well for not contributing and mainly it's because I'm super lazy. I've been telling myself that I'll get pictures of my AF1 collection for like the past month or two, but I always find a reason not to. Anyway,I'll be posting a couple of things in the next week or so.

....i just posted in the fantastic four thread......one of my favorite sets:
8y8in4.jpg

....keep the thread alive

peace

I've noticed the thread gettin quiet so I figure i'll throw up some pics to help keep it alive. I don't buy as much any more and definitelydon't buy for hype or exclusiveness.

Nothing fancy. Just joints I wanted.

If you have a 13 in either, feel free to holler @ me b/c I want extras in each.

I do miss (when I use to lurk this thread) seeing everyones older air forces. i though it was just me noticing that the thread was not moving. I would postmore but yall stuff is better, lol.

rocked these again today...

This thread has been infested with crazy amounts of selling lately, it feels like more of marketplace than anything else. I mean know it's hard to movekicks sometimes and it helps to post 'em here (I'm guilty of doing it once or twice), but I think it really cheapens/waters down this thread.

And like MF implied, when the "big" collectors don't post here, there are almost no comments since I guess there's no opportunity ford-riding...

I remember when I started the "Show me your air force 1s part 2" thread and it was teeming with pics, so much that this whole team was created. Havepeople lost interest in af1s?

What's people's opinion on these?

Personally I think there dope.

Could I see myself wearing them......... Probably not but they have everything I love wrapped into one sneaker. They will most likely sit with the rest of theover the top Air Force 1's I have.

Elephant print, 3M, Neon,.

I think black laces would be a better look as the Neon ones are just too much.

nike-112-dj-clark-kent-1.jpg

i think they're dope, as well. grey/neon is always a winning color combo. i couldn't see myself wearing them much, though, becuase i'm so used tothe support of highs, that these would feel that much different.

Originally Posted by OGfiend

This thread has been infested with crazy amounts of selling lately, it feels like more of marketplace than anything else. I mean know it's hard to move kicks sometimes and it helps to post 'em here (I'm guilty of doing it once or twice), but I think it really cheapens/waters down this thread.

And like MF implied, when the "big" collectors don't post here, there are almost no comments since I guess there's no opportunity for d-riding...

I remember when I started the "Show me your air force 1s part 2" thread and it was teeming with pics, so much that this whole team was created. Have people lost interest in af1s?

I don't claim any type of status in this thread or on NT as a whole. But if you ask me, having a thread survive w/o the "big" collectors iswhat made this joint dope. "big" collectors usually splurge crazy dollars on a shoe that the avg cat isn't gonna be able to get w/o having crazyconnects. That's what made this dope.

1. I get to see nice shoes that sometimes inspire me to go dig & hunt for a shoe (like those gum-soled joints right above). Most aren't unattainableso that makes it good.

2. Sometimes seeing them on somebody changes my perspective on a shoe as well so that's another added bonus of these threads. That or seeing somebodyelse w/them makes me say to myself "I knew I wasn't trippin" when i'm sort of on the fence about whether I think a shoe is dope & worththe change.

2. I know there's usually a genuine passion & love that comes from the avg dude paying $120-170 or better for an elusive pair of AF1's he mayhave missed out on originally.

I don't buy as many Forces...but I'll always love to look @'em. I will try to snap some shots of the ones I do cop though, even GR's, justto keep this joint going.

OGfiend was on point when he said that AF1's are dying. While thinking about it last night, I realized he could not have made a more accurate statement.AF1's are following in the footsteps of the Dunk SB, and fast. How do I know this? Well...

- Nobody in here has made any significant pickups lately. People are posting the same old stuff over and over again, or they are posting nothing at all.
- I have crazy heat for sale in rare sizes, and I am selling it all for cheaper than I paid for it, but the market is dead. No one wants to buy ANYTHING.
- Most of the collectors who had great vintage collections now only collect hyperstrikes, or do not mess with AF1's at all anymore.
- The only reason that this thread has moved past page 100 is because people just make filler posts that have no content. Example: putting "
nerd.gif
" afterevery post you make, while not contributing anything at all.

I have tried to post occasionally and keep the thread going, but I only have 25 pairs of shoes in my collection. And, like i just implied, repetition gets veryboring very fast.

All that being said, you probably won't see me in here too much anymore. I am going to try to liquidate my collection while I can still get a little of it.While my true love is the actual AF1 itself, and not money, I don't want to be left high and dry when the market dies completely. As most of you know, Ihave put a fair amount of money into my collection in order to obtain some grails that would have been impossible to find without that money. Basically, whileI love my collection, it is still an investment, just like any other collection. And I believe it's time to cash out.

Any other thoughts? This post was not meant to personally offend anyone (all right, maybe a small poke at I LOVE AF1 for always doing the binoculars, butit's all out of love), but this is simply how I have assessed the situation. And, it's too bad, because I had a blast with the first couple of AF1threads. Hopefully a revival isn't too far off in the distance...

p.s.: seriously... does anybody know the whereabouts of paul? he hasn't posted here in forever, and he was one of the few people who actually contributedsomething meaningful on a regular basis... he isn't even reachable via e-mail anymore. i hope he is ok... if anyone knows what's up with him, give me ashot.

Back
Top Bottom