TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

eek.gif
Tyler ...... '96 Patents
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

peace

i'm no japan expert and i'm sure zhi would be the one to ask but i'm bored at work about to finish an evening shift so. . . .

i would recommend that you check out ueno and kichijoji for kicks. ueno has a ton of stalls that have all kinds of shoes - one shop had a bunch of honolulumarathon kukinis - but i don't recall seeing tooo much older stuff there. kichijoji has k-skit (and la ave/napsize). visiting la ave is not the same sincenapsize online opened up. on my last trip i actually only found 1 good deal out of the tons of shoes that i looked at. maybe i'm a little jaded but goodluck on the shoe hunt.

harajuku/yoyogi park on sunday is fun. harajuku has some consignment shops and a ton of boutiques including atmos, supreme and neighborhood - stuff isexpensive there. check out all the elaborately dressed people outside the station. check out condomania. one phenomenon that i found interesting was the menthat dress up like young girls - maybe zhi or sgtshiz can enlighten me.

akihabara has all electronics including video games. to me the allure is not the same as the days of the sega mega drive and the nec pc engine. usa has caughtup with japan in terms of games. i didn't even go there on my last trip but you will have 10 days so... . .

i liked walking around shibuya. fricken shibuya is crazy crowded (especially to someone who was born and raised in hawaii). tokyu hands is a huge store thatsells ummm.. .. . everything!?! watch out because i got lost looking for a fishing store in shibuya and it took me over 1 hour to get back to the trainstation. the streets aren't linear in japan and the addresses are not in sequence
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
i guess would not be as bad for a newyorker though.

tsukiji fishmarket is a sight to see. it is the home to an amazing fish auction (blue fin tuna) and the stalls there are home to some of the most bizarrefish being consumed by humans. you can also buy some whale meat there (and all over japan actually).

roppongi was pretty cool the last time i was there but that was over 10 years ago and i'm no longer a big nightlife kinda guy.

i don't eat seafood so i end up eating a ton of katsu curry (pork cutlet with curry on rice with some ginger on the side). i really liked to eat thetonkastu (pork cutlet) at tonki in meguro and the menchi katsu (hamburger dipped in a kind of batter and deep fried) from kichijoji right by la ave. contraryto popular belief, food in japan is not that expensive if you know where to eat. one tip - plenty of restaurants have this system where you buy a ticket forthe food item you want from a machine and then redeem your ticket for the meal - weird.

i dunno though. i been to tokyo about 6 or 7 times and my favorite thing to do is just wander around and explore the side streets and check things out. to methat's the most fun part. i hope you have a wonderful trip.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

i don't eat seafood

Yes, i read your whole post but.....^^^ your kidding right Kev??? I mean you live here in Hawaii.....and iknow YOU know what your missing right!?!?!? All the Poke, Sashimi, Mahi plate lunches, etc......
laugh.gif
Just foolin with ya, one of my best friends wife is the same way and we give her s^*t everytime we go "inu". But das all good.....mo pupus fo us!!!
Have a great weekend bro

peace

AF1 isin't really my cup of tea....

But I got these from my work for free....

Can't deal with mid's so I cut of the strap....

Yay or nay?

*edited due to ninjahood size pic
tongue.gif

Yes, the canvas highs are from 1994. No, I did not get them from Japan.

rbn what's good...

spacej23 what I would not do for a pair of those purple canvas highs
mad.gif

I cut the straps off a pair of beater wht/wht mids, I kind of like them better w/o straps.

jvhoop email me at [email protected] with your travel details. Dress lightly, its insanely humid out here and bring an empty suitcase as I'm sureyou'll be leaving here with a ton of goods. Your tour becomes infinitely better if the word zhieeep showed up in your eBay feedback, and having Massappealas your latest f.back only gets you the ghetto version of the tour. I kid, I kid. You're going to be here for a month??? That's insane. (>.<)Kev, I'm one of those cross dressing men (htm rainbow wovens ftw), and I can't really explain why I do it. Only thing I can say is that if I gave mysoul to a company for 30 years and they laid me off, I'd go a little crazy too. But not as crazy as a non-seafood diet person visiting Tsujiki. Its like avegan hitting up a cattle ranch for $%%%! and giggles.

P.S. Tyler the 2nd shot looks like you live on the Serengeti. Is your backyard that huge? You need to throw in some wilderbeast and hyenas and Simbas andPumbas and Siegfried and Roys and have them all go at it. Loving the Huck Finn paint job on the porch as well.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Zhi -
roll.gif
I'm just renting theplace right now and my backyard isn't technically that big, but I could go hold a Lion King IV back there if I really wanted too. Actually, it's amarsh view and I love waking up to it each morning. Here's a better picture of the view at high tide . . .

2m84f47.jpg

As far as the paint job goes, that's all on the landlord.

Forgot to post these when I wore them a few days ago . . .

1zppm3l.jpg

Dope stuff everyone!

kev,

Thanks for the info.

zhi,

I'll even take the ghetto version of the tour. It's better than nothing. lol. I'll definitely send you an e-mail. Ironically, the reason Ihaven't made a purchase from you is due to my trip to Japan, since I've been eyeing a bunch of your auctions lately. I would to love to buy stuff, butI've been trying to save $$$ so I can splurge in Japan. In fact, I think that mass_appeal purchase was my most recent.

Thread seems to be moving slow lately so ill just add a couple old pics from my PB.

Hopefully I will get to storage soon and get out a few pairs so I can share my air force 1 collection with Team-AF1

Back
Top Bottom