TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

gotcha, i replied. for the record theres a size 9, 10, and 11 of bisons on the bay right now. the 11s look kinda rough, and idk if the midsole could be cleaned up good enough

8tothe24,

I agree that it pays to be thorough. But, at the same time, when you see some really good deals, I also believe you have to be willing to take chances with bad pics, etc. when the opportunities present themselves. You swing and miss on a $40 purchase - big deal, you have some beaters or you put them back up and try to recoup most of your cost, but it can be worth a few bucks just to find out.. One gem is worth several duds. ...It's kind of like fantasy sports, if any of you play, in the later rounds you just take players with huge risk and high upside, if even a few hit, you're way ahead of the game.

8tothe24,

I agree that it pays to be thorough. But, at the same time, when you see some really good deals, I also believe you have to be willing to take chances with bad pics, etc. when the opportunities present themselves. You swing and miss on a $40 purchase - big deal, you have some beaters or you put them back up and try to recoup most of your cost, but it can be worth a few bucks just to find out.. One gem is worth several duds. ...It's kind of like fantasy sports, if any of you play, in the later rounds you just take players with huge risk and high upside, if even a few hit, you're way ahead of the game.

$40 is all fine, but homie wants $180 for them. I've seen plenty of AF1s that have very nice condition uppers and the sole is rubbed to hell. I don't have any clue what condition the soles are in... but, a picture would've helped. I just view a shoe as a shoe, it is meant to be in contact with the ground and if the sole is beat, you know the air sole is beat. But like you said, if you really want a gem, then have at it. Just saying, dude is charging 180 without a full picture set, he is tripping if he thinks he will even get half that. There was a pair of size 10 Mushrooms that sat on ebay for about 2-3 years, the uppers were very nice but the soles were burnt to shtick and dude wanted like 400 for them. It is what I always say, a pair of AF1s are only worth what a person is willing to spend.

$40 is all fine, but homie wants $180 for them. I've seen plenty of AF1s that have very nice condition uppers and the sole is rubbed to hell. I don't have any clue what condition the soles are in... but, a picture would've helped. I just view a shoe as a shoe, it is meant to be in contact with the ground and if the sole is beat, you know the air sole is beat. But like you said, if you really want a gem, then have at it. Just saying, dude is charging 180 without a full picture set, he is tripping if he thinks he will even get half that. There was a pair of size 10 Mushrooms that sat on ebay for about 2-3 years, the uppers were very nice but the soles were burnt to shtick and dude wanted like 400 for them. It is what I always say, a pair of AF1s are only worth what a person is willing to spend.

Originally Posted by Teeezy

Originally Posted by WLDCAT10

Can anyone help me out? I have an old pair of High-top AF1 from my freshman year of HS. It was in 2002/2003, they are black leather w/white swoosh, white Nike Air on back of heel, all black sole and the strap is all black nylon. I can't seem to find any pics of them online before. I still have them and they are in decent condition. I was just wondering if anybody can help me out with info on them like release date? Theres a pic on page 169 that looks almost exactly like them but my pair does not have the leather strap w/swoosh. My pair has a plain black nyon strap. Any info is appreciated.
I think your talkin about the 02's on the left from 6-18-02..when searching images include the style # on the box in the 2nd pic (624038 011) and you should be able to pull up a few images

I would do horrible, unfathomable things for that orange box pair in a 7.5-8.

I remember having them in high school and absolutely destroying them. It's so, so hard to find good stuff in 7.5/8.

Originally Posted by Teeezy

Originally Posted by WLDCAT10

Can anyone help me out? I have an old pair of High-top AF1 from my freshman year of HS. It was in 2002/2003, they are black leather w/white swoosh, white Nike Air on back of heel, all black sole and the strap is all black nylon. I can't seem to find any pics of them online before. I still have them and they are in decent condition. I was just wondering if anybody can help me out with info on them like release date? Theres a pic on page 169 that looks almost exactly like them but my pair does not have the leather strap w/swoosh. My pair has a plain black nyon strap. Any info is appreciated.
I think your talkin about the 02's on the left from 6-18-02..when searching images include the style # on the box in the 2nd pic (624038 011) and you should be able to pull up a few images

I would do horrible, unfathomable things for that orange box pair in a 7.5-8.

I remember having them in high school and absolutely destroying them. It's so, so hard to find good stuff in 7.5/8.

super dope stuff lately guys, i want to make some pickups soon.

off topic, anyone here into the old pro b dunks from early 2000's?

super dope stuff lately guys, i want to make some pickups soon.

off topic, anyone here into the old pro b dunks from early 2000's?

+1 on ALDYs pair. If only they weren't an 8
frown.gif
already talked to him about em

Another off topic, I'm first in line at my retailer. Jordan 11 concords will soon be mine!!! Note to self, don't wear shoes that breathe real good in winter again!!!

+1 on ALDYs pair. If only they weren't an 8
frown.gif
already talked to him about em

Another off topic, I'm first in line at my retailer. Jordan 11 concords will soon be mine!!! Note to self, don't wear shoes that breathe real good in winter again!!!

i wish i was an 8 right now, glaciers on the bay right now. i wouldnt mind payin the price either.

i wish i was an 8 right now, glaciers on the bay right now. i wouldnt mind payin the price either.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

I thought you were talking about my recommendation that Mr. Co take a shot on the cheap bisons. But, re: the courirs, well, first of all, it looks like they may have sold because they're not up there anymore. But, regardless, gusto isn't some random ebay seller. He's a pretty established and trusted guy. So, if anybody wants to see more pics or has questions should have just contacted him.

I thought you were talking about my recommendation that Mr. Co take a shot on the cheap bisons. But, re: the courirs, well, first of all, it looks like they may have sold because they're not up there anymore. But, regardless, gusto isn't some random ebay seller. He's a pretty established and trusted guy. So, if anybody wants to see more pics or has questions should have just contacted him.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

ah I see.  And I'm talking about sellers in general.  Never dealt with gusto, so I can't talk on that.  And I've asked plenty of sellers to see more pics, usually the first thing I do (and anyone spending money on used items should do) if seriously interested.  I had more than several say no way to the request- total red flag.  But I'll say it again, they're only worth what you're willing to spend on 'em.  Just me though, if you guys have a system that works for you- more power to you.  As long as we are all happy with the products we pick up it's all good.  My only advice is to know what you're getting before you buy it.

^^ and damn Mike, you continue to kill it.  Those blk/green high canvas are amazing.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

ah I see.  And I'm talking about sellers in general.  Never dealt with gusto, so I can't talk on that.  And I've asked plenty of sellers to see more pics, usually the first thing I do (and anyone spending money on used items should do) if seriously interested.  I had more than several say no way to the request- total red flag.  But I'll say it again, they're only worth what you're willing to spend on 'em.  Just me though, if you guys have a system that works for you- more power to you.  As long as we are all happy with the products we pick up it's all good.  My only advice is to know what you're getting before you buy it.

^^ and damn Mike, you continue to kill it.  Those blk/green high canvas are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom