TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Well said, XILegacy.

They say youth is wasted on the young. Well money is often wasted on the monied. So many folks throwing money around in this hobby today, so few doing it right.

PEs don't come in small sizes

True PEs often don't. But, most of these PEs nowadays are like extended F/Fs... with larger production runs than actual F/Fs. Personally, I'm not even all that enthused about using the term PE for a run of shoes that includes pairs for the player's dogwalker's little brother, but the lexicon is sort of established. I'd be more comfortable calling these kinds of pairs F/Fs, with a pretty loose interpretation of the first "F."

From my perspective, I started doing my sneaker thing in 1999. Went through my jordan, dunk, and air max phase. One thing I love about forces is that til today I can still find a pair of forces that I have NEVER seen before. So many hidden gems its ridiculous.

side note: it irks me when HB refer to 99-01 retro jordans with the nike air as "OG"...:smh: maybe its just me? haha i cant stand that. THEY'RE STILL RETROS!

Also quite irked by that. Hell, even the 94s are retros!

And, agreed on the Forces. The catalog is so deep and the established history so incomplete. I mean, it's been said before, but the regular member of this thread have a more complete, cumulative archive and body of knowledge regarding the full history of colorways, etc. than Nike does... or at least than Nike lets on publicly. As the hobby becomes ever more cookie cutter, paint by number, and idiot-friendly, the vintage AF1 hunt continues to be a long, winding road down a dark tunnel, with no end in sight, while we are really our own only sources of light. Honestly, it's just a whole lot more fun that way!

What's good my people!  I am quite new to the thread & hope to make the team one day!  So, what's up…

Waddup, welcome to the thread.

As the hobby becomes ever more cookie cutter, paint by number, and idiot-friendly, the vintage AF1 hunt continues to be a long, winding road down a dark tunnel, with no end in sight, while we are really our own only sources of light. Honestly, it's just a whole lot more fun that way!

my distinction is clearly off, i thought PEs and samples were two different things

Like I know all PEs are stamped as samples but I thought the sizes they come in are different. Thought true samples only come in certain sizes but PEs come in sizes either of the player or a FF

Last edited:
samples come in all kinds of sizes. most are men's 9 or women's 7 though.

Not sure if I've ever seen a size 11.0 "sample," only seen size 9.0s. Those JD Mid samples on the bay are amazing, then again I am a complete sucker for stitched on swooshes.

I would kill for those Courir samples if they made an 11.0. Probably better off knowing that they never did. I forget who on here owns them, but props for wearing them.

Last edited:
Yeah, my perception is that the second most common sample size might be a 13. But, that's just based off anecdote and intuition. I'd estimate that upwards of 90% of all samples (at least those that get out to the public) are size 9. ...But, then if you want to break it down further, there are sales samples, design samples, wear test samples, etc.

8tothe24, what JD mid samples are you talking about on the bay? ...The black pair? I need to stop fronting and just make an offer on those already. ...The low NYC white/gums too.

If I have two more beers tonight, I just might do it.

Hello people! I probably have the smallest & weakest AF1 in here but thought I'd share this. Is the is probably the "rarest" AF1 I have in my collection. Any who, what's good!

that pic up there scares me of someone from asap mob rocking a vintage pair, the vintage trend has been in the last few years and it seems like there trying to "bring back" the af1 along with curren$y i already have been seeing more all white mids than ive seen the last 5 years.

but some good reading the last 2 pages we all pretty much share the the same views on this "Game" and im happy to be apart of this team cause theres not to many other out there that collect like we do like BIP said were basically each others back bones in the sneaker era since were not sheeps

Last edited:
was digging in my office today and i found a pair of forces i think i bought last year. 2012 or 2013? patent white on whites. gotta wear em and see how long they last.

that pic up there scares me of someone from asap mob rocking a vintage pair, the vintage trend has been in the last few years and it seems like there trying to "bring back" the af1 along with curren$y i already have been seeing more all white mids than ive seen the last 5 years.

If that happens, we'll just take some of these young HBs behind the woodshed.

/starts summer home hunting :tongue:

Those are super nice. I'm a fan of mesh side panels. I'd love to get my hands on the ones with the grey mesh.

Was there a version of these without the B-more on them?

There's a similar pair with a grey mesh side panel from 2002 I think. And the "Dirty" pair with the red accents. I'm pretty surprised that I can't find a picture of the regular white/gray lows as they were pretty common and I know I passed on at least a few pairs for cheap over the years (kicking myself now).

Also, re: the sample convo, I've definitely seen samples in size 10 and 13 pretty frequently, but nowhere near as frequently as size 9.

edit: found picks on 1thology, of all places.

2002 gray/white lows:

2002 "Dirty" lows:

Last edited:
Yesterday my last purchase AF1 '03.

SneakerFreaker says that they were a 2004 release but the shoe's tag show 2003???

Back
Top Bottom