TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

hype over art. that whats make kids nowadays. these af1 dave white customs are 1 of 1. if you think its worth $50, please make one with your $50 and compare with mine. or add $20 to your budget if not enough

I don't know why you're getting defensive if you're asking for a price check. Just because it's a 1 of 1 doesn't mean that it isn't a terrible pair. The only way I'd see even breaking even on that pair is by finding a collector that's really into Dave White's work.

Something like $50 for them? Sorry, I felt offended for that. Is it terrible?

Yeah hopefully I could sell to someone into Dave White's artwork

lol i never said i could make a better shoe. you asked for a price check and i gave you my OPINION based on my experience with buying and selling shoes. dave white is most famous for a certain type of artwork - his wannabe leroy neiman stuff. those shoes look plain as hell. go out there and prove me wrong though. sell em on ebay and if someone pays more than $200, post up the auction link and paypal payment and i'll post a paragraph here on how dumb i am.

smokin.gif

today for first day of holiday...

unexpectedly nice shape of the toebox for a 2012 release...

by the way, does anyone know if the guys at NDC have a little influence on how the toeboxes for IDs come out? I don't really like the new ones and hope that I can manage a little.

Other thing on these regular not premium IDs is: can anyone tell me about the leather they use? Is it acceptable or is it hard as cardboard?

Last edited:
Tell me more about these Dave White customs, and them being 1 of 1. Did you customize them, and that's why they are 1 of 1? If so, then to be honest, nobody cares from a market standpoint. If anything, if you aren't a well known customizer, your alternations to the shoe probably REDUCE their value.

What was the original shoe?

...But, really, you came here to try to see how much you could hit somebody in the head for on ebay and when we told you, it looks like you have pyrite instead of gold, you got all defensive. You obviously asked because you saw something that makes you think you'd respect the opinions here, so don't go pulling a 180 because you didn't get the answer you wanted.

That said, this thread has a general consensus of what it likes - we lean toward vintage. I could probably name on my hands and feet probably ALL the pairs released since 2007 that I think are worth $50. If you reach a different audience, you might get a different response. Try asking in the thread in retro - see what those cats have to say.

You said, "that's what makes kids nowadays" (I thought what makes kids was sex, but I try to learn something new every day.) Anyway, the average age in this thread is probably 30+, so if you want to find out if something is going to appeal to kids, ask them, not us.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I should start looking for 94 Pine Green Canvas? Not having much luck on ebay.

Anyone know where I should start looking for 94 Pine Green Canvas? Not having much luck on ebay.

if your a sz. 9-10 they do not exist.. so please stop looking :nerd:

#1 on my list.

i beleive this is 8tothe24's picture.. :smh:
:smh:

Last edited:

Very, very slim chance of finding them on ebay. Your best bet is to contact other collectors and try to pry a pair loose from one of them.

I know Nadel has a pair too. I conceded them to him in a compromise of, I won't make an offer for these if you don't make an offer for those.

hype over art. that whats make kids nowadays. these af1 dave white customs are 1 of 1. if you think its worth $50, please make one with your $50 and compare with mine. or add $20 to your budget if not enough

You more or less answered your own question as to why the shoe is worth so little with the 'hype over art' comment. Your 1 of 1 has 0 hype and it's just my opinion but sneaker art and customization is extremely corny. What was the base sneaker for your custom though?

You're my best friend and my bank accounts worst enemy. You and Michael.

Haha.

The people in this thread have done more AF1 commerce among one another than we have cumulatively done with Nike over the last several years. :lol:

It' would be telling if I had all the info to graph how much I've spent on shoes month-by-month, or year by year, going back to the mid 90s all the way to present day, and then what proportion thereof (or even raw number) went to Nike, or retailers of new Nike product. One thing that's for sure is that the overall amount spent would not necessarily correlate to what Nike sees.

there was a pair of those on yahoo for a long time - size 8 or 9? i just never pulled the trigger and i imagine they're gone now.....probably in new york :lol:

pine green canvas are hard to find in any size

had the chance at a second pair earlier in the year, made the seller a $250 offer he said "im thinking about it" 3 days later i said ill give him the $275 he was asking for nd he told me he sold them the day before
smh still sad about that

there was a pair of those on yahoo for a long time - size 8 or 9? i just never pulled the trigger and i imagine they're gone now.....probably in new york :lol:

How do you order from yahoo? Do you have a friend in japan or do you use a proxy like tenso? Can you tell me how I can use it?

any proxy will do man. i used to have a family friend that did it for me in japan but they got tired of doing it real quick :lol:

pine green canvas are hard to find in any size

had the chance at a second pair earlier in the year, made the seller a $250 offer he said "im thinking about it" 3 days later i said ill give him the $275 he was asking for nd he told me he sold them the day before
smh still sad about that

hey atleast you got a pair :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom