TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Whoooo that Jewel swoosh is flames. Lurker for a bit on this thread. Is it anywhere possible to get flax's close to retail anymore?

Man, I haven't bought an AF1 in a while. I might need to get myself something for Christmas.

Nice G-Towns, Ega.

...Doing some organizing this week. Will probably take a good amount of pics.

Man, I haven't bought an AF1 in a while. I might need to get myself something for Christmas.

What's going on, buddy.

I haven't bought much recently either.

Just picked up double red jewel lows and HKs, but before that it had probably been a few months since my last AF1 pick up.

man it's hilarious how much time i been spending on IG looking at shoes. it's been putting me in the mood to actually wear shoes :lol:

man it's hilarious how much time i been spending on IG looking at shoes. it's been putting me in the mood to actually wear shoes :lol:

It's funny, right?

One of the first things I did when joining IG was attempt to find whether there were ppl out there with amazing AF1 collections who I didn't know about. Turns out there really isn't that much.

I remember when @solecuts first started posting here. I was like, damn - how many more people are there out there who have legit top tier collections who we just don't know about? I'm sure there are some, but I thought IG might be another way to catch some of these people out the woodwork.

I guess if you weren't around a while back, but like AF1s, you might not know that somebody like Sgt. ****zle exists. If you're only one here and not IG and somewhat new, you might not know about somebody like Shaun.

But I still wonder whether there are true heavyweights in hiding.

Also I wonder whether some of the older dudes from the thread are still holding. INC365 had tons of gems. Dollabill had a very complete collection.

Have you guys seen Bakegriffin on IG? Dude posts AF1s. His collection is incredible

Yeah.

He's posting a lot more vintage stuff recently. Until then, he wasn't impressing me. He got me listening over the past few weeks. But, even that, I have 90% of the pre-2000 pairs I've seen him post, and many of them in multiples.

My dudes @solecuts and @shawnmorton are the ones who keep me up at night. LOL.

Like, bake can holla when he can post something like this (this is Shawn - from years ago)

Kev used to keep me awake - until I acquired a lot of his pairs that did LOL. ...There are still a few though - cough, lemon twists.

Nadel has/had some amazing stuff. He scores a 10 on qaulity, but doesn't have the same level of quantity.

The Sarge is amazing, but I don't know if anybody even knows the full extent of his collection.

At the end of the day, if I was given the chance to trade my collection for anybody's, I'd give thought to Shawn and solecuts, but not sure I'd do it. Bakegriffin wouldn't even be a contender IMO.

Now, this is obviously coming from my POV. And, the long time regulars here - most of us value vintage over pretty much anything. So, if you like things like One World Clots that's cool, but I'm not the candidate for you.

Last edited:
pgknows, mglsvrgs75, alldayatf, of course mayor n clark, bake, nyy2219, jonyc112, hec87, afrokix, jblarbundy...

all have some nice af1 collections in their own rights imo...theres more...i guess its kinda like that grail youre lookin for...gotta keep lookin around you know?

pgknows, mglsvrgs75, alldayatf, of course mayor n clark, bake, nyy2219, jonyc112, hec87, afrokix, jblarbundy...

all have some nice af1 collections in their own rights imo...theres more...i guess its kinda like that grail youre lookin for...gotta keep lookin around you know?

PG is cool. I met up with him about two months ago to sell him that pair of '95 white/black NYC highs. It was like the only pair that I had that was out of my size range. Met him at a bar and wound up having a couple rounds of drinks with him.

Afrokix has some nice stuff too. He did that Complex video profile and shows those white/red super jewel mids, which he says were the first pair of AF1s he ever had. The pair in that video, I sold to him for like $80 or $100 or something. When I saw that vid it made me happy that I could reunite him with the shoe that basically jumped off his love for AF1s.

But, the thing that hurts me is that a lot of the pairs that are on my most wanted list right, many of which have been on that list for many years - I may know one person who has them, or nobody at all. So, I'm kind of stuck. And, because of that, you start to sort of lose your passion a bit. It's like hip hop now, I have to search harder and harder to find less and less, so it starts to zap your drive to even do the searching in the first place.

Shout to everybody who keeps the AF1 alive though! It's great to have a niche within this whole bohemith of wackness that is "sneaker culture" that still largely retains the ethos of the way things once were.

You guys are all the real MVPs!!!

BIP if you traded your collection with anyone, it'd be a downgrade :lol:
don't get me wrong, i love looking at PEs, bespokes, IDs and other misc rare pairs but at the end of the day, MY passion stays with the older pairs. i don't have a clue who dante ross is but he has posted some nice, albeit beat, pairs. i enjoy coming across pics like his. my feed is filled with pics of stuff like kbbq and honey butter potato chips because i follow so many people from korea in the hopes they post more oldies :lol:

paul is cool people tho...even tho he killin me for my 95 white/gold lows lol

afrokix has a deep af1 collection thats also mixed with everything else lol

trust me man...i know the feel...id love to own some 95 flaxes or green apple jewels or some obsidian/maizes from 98...but findin em in my size is slim to none. not to say ive give up on em its just even if i never do i can go to sleep at night knowing ive worked hard for what i have already

BIP if you traded your collection with anyone, it'd be a downgrade :lol:
don't get me wrong, i love looking at PEs, bespokes, IDs and other misc rare pairs but at the end of the day, MY passion stays with the older pairs. i don't have a clue who dante ross is but he has posted some nice, albeit beat, pairs. i enjoy coming across pics like his. my feed is filled with pics of stuff like kbbq and honey butter potato chips because i follow so many people from korea in the hopes they post more oldies :lol:
didnt he post up some 84 brown hi's a lil while ago?

lmao all that food makes you hungry huh

read his wiki. amazing.

and yeah all the food pics are terrible with me tryna cut weight. pics from katz's, pizza, kbbq, ramen in japan- all KILLIN me.
as long as you keep it in moderation n have a way to burn it off...eat all your heart n stomach desires lol

Back
Top Bottom