TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

anyone get lucky on the grey/lime mid af1 nyc jewels for 30$?

i was able to snag a 2nd pair of the greys but it was 42$ after the code. i remember it was 29.99 a day or so before tho. :/

cant complain tho! lol

those jewels aren't overpriced at 350.. 1996 first release of the jewels. They would be long sold in sz 9-9.5..

I know we had this convo before offline, but the fact that everybody in this thread knows where they are sitting and they have not sold after all this time provides in incontrovertible evidence that they are indeed overpriced. They may not be as egregiously overpriced as some think, but they remain unsold. ...And, this isn't an auction that didn't happen to catch a buyer over a week or something, these could have been had by anybody.

No knock on you if you would pay that price; there's an inherent subjectivity to rare vintage goods, but it is fair to say that the price is generally out of tune with the market, even among "collectors."

nah man, current af1 collectors are cheap

check the team af1 threads from 2007-2009 when Matt Pearson, Kev, Tyler, Sergio and many others were spending hundreds on vintage pairs. Let cheap people invade any market and it will go to ****. It's good though, because I have zero competition for pairs.

Bip, PM mentholguy and ask him what he has sold all his pairs for. His canyon gold canvas lows sold for 480 + shipping with two or three other offers of 400+ after you tried to convince him they were worth 100 + fees and thats what they were selling for on skit.

There are PLENTY of people willing to pay good prices for af1s. Those jewels have lasted on ebay for so long because 10.5 isn't that popular of a size. Its the 8.5-9.5 and 10 category that sells the best and a lot of buyers from europe pay well for those sizes.

And even at sz 10.5, i'm surprised Steve (8tothe24) hasn't grabbed them because he pays well for af1s too. I

If your massing quantity over quality, I understand not wanting to pay 350$ for an individual pair, but to say that the shoes are worth 100$ each is your opinion and to say ebay represents what af1s are worth is border line foolish.

Bip, PM mentholguy and ask him what he has sold all his pairs for. His canyon gold canvas lows sold for 480 + shipping with two or three other offers of 400+ after you tried to convince him they were worth 100 + fees and thats what they were selling for on skit.

I guess I fall into that category of offering him 400+
Yes, I'm still salty that I missed out on that pair. :smh::rolleyes

nah man, current af1 collectors are cheap
check the team af1 threads from 2007-2009 when Matt Pearson, Kev, Tyler, Sergio and many others were spending hundreds on vintage pairs. Let cheap people invade any market and it will go to ****. It's good though, because I have zero competition for pairs.
There are PLENTY of people willing to pay good prices for af1s. Those jewels have lasted on ebay for so long because 10.5 isn't that popular of a size. Its the 8.5-9.5 and 10 category that sells the best and a lot of buyers from europe pay well for those sizes.
And even at sz 10.5, i'm surprised Steve (8tothe24) hasn't grabbed them because he pays well for af1s too. I
If your massing quantity over quality, I understand not wanting to pay 350$ for an individual pair, but to say that the shoes are worth 100$ each is your opinion and to say ebay represents what af1s are worth is border line foolish.

I never said the shoes were worth $100. I told him I was not going to pay $550. I did cite prices from Skit for DS pairs that have sold in the past - it was more like mid-200s. That's not me trying to convince him. Those are facts - those are transactions involving that specific pair of shoes that actually happened. ...Apparently transactions for twice that amount have happened as well. What does that mean?...

Does it mean the shoes are worth $225? Does it mean they are worth $480? ...It just means that there's a wide gap in what people are both willing to pay to acquire them, and what they are willing to sell them for.

I also didn't say that ebay definitely indicates the value of a shoe, but neither does an individual private transaction.

FTR, I also told him to play the market and try to find the right buyer. If he did, more power to him.

But, I don't know what citing transactions from year ago tells us. The market changes over time. I know what people paid. I know what I've paid in the past. I paid prices in 2008 for pairs that I wouldn't now. The "market" for Carolina Foam Pros used to be below retail, it's not anymore. The market for Invisible Woman AF1s used to be, what $250 - I don't even remember what people were paying for those monstrosities.

At the end of the day, a buyer and seller only have to satisfy themselves, so none of it matters.

You're satisfied with the prices you pay to obtain the pieces you do - and you have some gems for sure. I don't seem to have a problem acquiring vintage, sought-after Forces at my prices either. So, clearly there's more than one way to skin a cat. ...I have zero concern about being able to find a pair of gold canvases for a much more palatable price. ...It may happen tomorrow or 2 years from now, but I'm not concerned about that either.

The yellow jewels are a 10, BTW, so they should be in the wheelhouse of popular sizes.

rocked these lunar digis today and man are they comfortable!!!

So sick that i missed out on these!!!
Some deals ending on NDC today.
65 with 25% off

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-589675
45 with 25% off sz 6-16 no 8.5 or 12.5

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-668631/pgid-677664
The real price will be shown once you add it to the the cart. Discount code is COMPETE for 25% sale ends tonight. Also if you have discover get another 15% off with shop discover.
Happy New Years.

there have been no ds yellow canvas lows on skit for mid 200s. The pairs on skit for the past year and a half to 2 years has been worn. There was 1 pair on napsize for 350 + 35 shipping and I immediately linked it to shawn to buy. If you are referring to the size 12 pair on skit, they still come out to nearly 300 and that size is very unpopular.

To argue that **** is so disrespectful.. especially when people will pay the higher prices. If its your style to only buy affordable air force 1s then you shouldn't argue with sellers stating your beliefs on the shoe value when they are laughing about how ridiculous it is.

Last edited:
In general sneakerheads need to not be so salty about negotiation... it's just how a lot of people are.  As someone who wears all the stuff he gets if I'm going to pay for anything I'm not going to pay collector's prices cuz I'm planning to dramatically lower the value.   Generally somewhere that assured them you weren't going to try to flip for a couple 20 spots, was fair game.  Value is up to the buyer, I've missed/passed on several pairs to Corgi b/c I made an offer that I thought was fair and well researched but I was about 20% under what he'd get for it, I don't resent him, but I'm not going to pay more than I have to or more than I value it at... that's not really personal nah 'mean.

yeah but the point is.. if there is a community still willing to pay top dollar for vintage air force 1s, then its annoying to voice your opinion on what is over priced and whats not.

I found those wheat/haystack highs (whatever you feel like calling them) while I was in Vegas for the last week, thought I might pass, but I messed around and tried them on and they're sick. The look extremely good with denim

Lets get back to the meaning of this thread and stop trying to define every small detail

i don't think those are lemon twists. pretty sure they're goldenrods.

i also do not think they are overpriced for what they are. i've come close to buying them more than once. probably will end up buying them if they sit there for much longer...

these are goldenrods 98

these are lemon twist 97

so i'm confused since you guys are saying it dropped in 96. I would have easily dropped 350 on the goldenrods if they were 10.5

Last edited:
Some deals ending on NDC today.
65 with 25% off

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-589675
45 with 25% off sz 6-16 no 8.5 or 12.5

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-668631/pgid-677664
The real price will be shown once you add it to the the cart. Discount code is COMPETE for 25% sale ends tonight. Also if you have discover get another 15% off with shop discover.
Happy New Years.

I got my pair of the Highs in the mail yesterday :smokin

these are goldenrods 98

these are lemon twist 97

so i'm confused since you guys are saying it dropped in 96. I would have easily dropped 350 on the goldenrods if they were 10.5

kazi, they are inverse '98 goldenrods, with pebbled leather. all this talk about them is making me want to buy them right now...

Since we're posting yellow jewels got these Goldenrods for 115 I think? Can't recall

Last edited:
there have been no ds yellow canvas lows on skit for mid 200s. The pairs on skit for the past year and a half to 2 years has been worn. There was 1 pair on napsize for 350 + 35 shipping and I immediately linked it to shawn to buy. If you are referring to the size 12 pair on skit, they still come out to nearly 300 and that size is very unpopular.
To argue that **** is so disrespectful.. especially when people will pay the higher prices. If its your style to only buy affordable air force 1s then you shouldn't argue with sellers stating your beliefs on the shoe value when they are laughing about how ridiculous it is.
Wait a second, did you just say that another person's argument about some shoes is "disrespectful"? 

laughing-gif-26.gif

laugh.gif
 Y'all are funny, arguing over what vintage pair sells for what. Bip, to be fair a lot of what you buy is used. So you may not be the best judge to say what a DS shoe is worth (no disrespect). On the other hand, Spikey Mikey... you have like 30 pairs of forces and therefore dont have enough stuff to judge prices either. This market isnt large enough to be a stable market. The amount of people that are into vintage forces just isnt big enough for there to be set prices on things like there are for jordans and what not. So you are both wrong and both lose. There ya go, problem solved. END OF STORY   
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom