TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

I got the troopers.

i figured that one when you asked for a trade lol. what year troopers where they?

wore these 02 obsidians on Christmas, swapped out the white laces for the oval laces out the 2000 navy nubucks. slight blueprint look to them now.

Last edited:
hi
i'm about to order a pair of id and i could use help with sizing.
do the id's fit like gr's or any difference in width?
i wear half size bigger in newer forces compared to older pairs (pre 03)
any comment will be appreciated. thank you.

and just to contribute, nothing major. a random pair from colelction i haven't shared in the past.

98 zen grey sc

Happy New Year all.

Lounging today

what you mean midsoles going soft? I thought AF1 midsoles u never ever have to worry about em?

I have a number of pairs where the stitching attaching the midsole to the upper is getting weak, live you can pull and see space in that area. They're still perfectly wearable, and I'm sure a tiny dab of glue would fix that. I have one or two pairs that have been beaten for a long time (one pair of 97 Broncos I can think of, specifically) where when I wear them, the midsole does feel weak - the inner air bag has probably popped. But, I actually just wore them pretty hard to a BBQ this past summer and they held up fine.

Finally reshaped the toebox...

Happy New Year to all of you!

@ tocracy: Is that what the offered "brown gum sole" of the current ID options look like or is it different?

@ all of you who already have experience with the current ID options: Which ID sole would you suggest for maximum similarity to the soles of the Courirs from 2002: orange or brown gum?

Last edited:
what you mean midsoles going soft? I thought AF1 midsoles u never ever have to worry about em?

Happy New Year all.

Lounging today

I have a number of pairs where the stitching attaching the midsole to the upper is getting weak, live you can pull and see space in that area. They're still perfectly wearable, and I'm sure a tiny dab of glue would fix that. I have one or two pairs that have been beaten for a long time (one pair of 97 Broncos I can think of, specifically) where when I wear them, the midsole does feel weak - the inner air bag has probably popped. But, I actually just wore them pretty hard to a BBQ this past summer and they held up fine.

to continue on what BIP said yes the air units in the midsole of the air force 1 which give it its solid feel deflates and just dries out into dust in some cases, i have 3m snakes, carolina canvas, safetys, hong kongs and another pair were the insoles have deflated so the midsole it self is softer to the feel and squeezable but not to the point where you can really see it. I than have purple lakers, 95 patent carolina mids and a GOD DAMN pair of Linens! that im so upset about that the inner midsole is just powder to the point where when your wearing them the midsole bulges out in like a bubble when u got some pressure on them. Granted i am a larger dude so i put some more stress on the midsole than a lighter person but still even on the lightest of ppl they could still bulge out if you lean on them or going up some stairs .

Alex(OGFiend) and myself are thinking about making a youtube on this topic cause i think allot of ppl may have these issues and dont even know it, a good sign is if a af1 starts to fit more comfortable since they lost that stiffness it almost feels as if your foot shape is forming into the shoes which it could be since your foot is actually pressing the air down and out, ive also have seen parts of the midsole stitching seperaiing from the leather like BIP said where you can seperate the panels turn the shoe upside down and actually shake out some of the deflated air unit

from my experience theres virtually no way to tell by pics, its one of those things you have to have in your hands. I dont wanna come off as easily discouraged but its really gotten me to the point i dont even want to buy AF1s any more or atleast not Vintage pairs, idk if you guys could tell but ive slown down allot luckily there some 04- present pairs i actually like so when i need a fix i can still hunt down a AF1 but i cant be taking the chances of spending decent money on a pair i might look like im crushing. so its time for me to move onto another sneaker to Hoard lol.

Make sure you guys wear your pairs dont leave them laying around like Trophies for years at a time cause im sure the lack of wearing them alows the air units to dry out as well as humidity which seems to be the ultimate killer to sneakers over long periods of time. IDK what years are subject to this but i have white and black highs from 03 that are showing the early sign of it so i doubt 04 is too far behind so put your pairs to use now while you can. most of the pairs ive noticed go soft have been 01s but i think thats because half my collection is from 01 i know Alex has some i believe its 91 white yellow highs that are powder inside and some black and red jewel mids ill let him speak on the others if he so feels, but make sure you guys are checking your pairs after each wear cause once you see the early signs its time to turn them into beaters and just enjoy them cause its only gonna get worse.

enough blabbing on a sad topic, heres some eye candy

by the way very nice zen greys PJ

awesome ids and pics AMS

and the black and grey grs are dope too

Last edited:
Yes, Jae.

Some of my pairs that suffer from that are '96 black and white patent lows, "atmos" jewel mids, and a few other mid- to late-90s jewels.

It took me a while to figure our what was happening, but I reached the same theory as Jae. The air bag pops/disintegrates, which causes the matter in the midsole to expand under pressure, which places stress on the stitching and loosens it. As you wear it, the air unit crumbles further and the dust and tiny pieces can fall our through the loosened midsole stitching.

AT first, I thought it was just dried glue or something and then I thought is was the midsole itself deteriorating. But, I ruled those ideas out. If any of you guys have OG Jordan 1s, if you feel the collar, you can often feel the dried and crumbled material inside there. I think it's basically a similar thing.

That said, while it impacts the comfort, I don't think it's a kiss of death to the structural integrity of the shoe. I still wear pairs as old as 1991, and I haven't actually lost anything yet. And, those that have experienced this problem have led a good life. So, it hasn't really deterred me.

...What are the other options anyway for old kicks? AJ1s, Dunks, and AF1s still outstrip basically anything else durability-wise.

i havent seen a post from Beans718 in awhile, whats up man!

02 blues look real dope G

wore these yesterday, midsoles starting to go soft :smh: sad day
was good fam..

Man , i told myself this year for sure getting back stash highs, linens and atmos... this thread is my motivation :smokin

Went through my storage (aka my parents) over the holidays. Dug up on of my fav but little seen jewels

dug out a whole mess of AM1s that I will prob get rid of because I never wear them. Will prob post them in the AMFAM thread before they hit the bay.

Wht sz?

^nice...I have a pair of those, how did you do it?
Moistened the toebox area from the inside, let them rest for 10 min. , stuffed them with cloth, put a wet cloth on top of the toebox and ironed it slowly. Man I didn't think that it would work that good. After I realized that it was coming out real nice I started trying it on my AJ4 from 2012 and it worked also pretty well. Really nice shape now:

Can anyone help me please with my questions on the current IDs?

What are they sizelike? Is a current US10 in IDs fitting the same as a US10 from 2003?

Went through my storage (aka my parents) over the holidays. Dug up on of my fav but little seen jewels

dug out a whole mess of AM1s that I will prob get rid of because I never wear them. Will prob post them in the AMFAM thread before they hit the bay.

Brings a tear to my eye!

Happy new year, Sarge.

I got some beat heat for you. I'll hit you up soon.

Back
Top Bottom