Team Elites on Nike ID.

Well this is a historic event. Jordans finally made it.

Somebody please link this post to last months 'heated debate' between anti Jordan-ID people and pro-Method Man people, before this post turns into thesame thing.

The beginning of chaos.

Just like the packages....

I hope they keep it strictly Team Jordans... it'll just be a matter of time when we see an Air Jordan up.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by juschiang

First model they should add after these Elites should be the XX3s. I can't wait to be able to ID a pair of white/cool grey-UNC blue XX3 IDs.

I can see ska's point about people getting frauded on eBay, but Nike can do what Microsoft does....use product keys. Print a product key with every single pair of Jordan IDs on a card and Nike will be the only one with the algorithms so all factories will be getting is a product key along with each individual order detailing the color blockings...etc.

When people check this product key by entering it on NikeID, they will know the model, size, and all the details about the shoe they're checking to ensure authenticity just like a set of DNA codes (call it the "Jordan DNA" or "ID-DNA" if you will), each set of codes is unique to ONE pair of shoes only. Periodically, Nike can scramble or reset the algorithms (for models they want to offer for longer periods of time) or even have one set of algorithm for each ID model. I think it will significantly reduce the amount of fakes out there.

That is, assuming all the variants come from outside the factories. To prevent "exact replicas" coming from within the factories, buyers can "activate" the product keys and Nike will then send buyers "activation codes" so everyone will need both the product key and the activation code to check for authenticity. I think this will probably be pretty effective against this type of variants.

Of course, you will potentially run into the problem of variant makers buying ID products just to get these product key/activation code combos, but if Nike ID can also display the number of times a particular set of product key/activation code combo has been checked, then a high count will immediately flag a potentially fake product key/activation code combo because if say 10 people are interested in buying a pair of fakes with a geniune product key/activation code combo, then they will probably do the authenticity check and increment the authenticity check count to 10 within a very short period of time (say within a week). Same thing goes the longer a fake seller uses the same product key/activation code combo, the auth check count will skyrocket through the roof.

This will probably drive the cost to these variant sellers way high and can potentially be a pretty decent deterrent. I'm sure there're cracks in this system since it's getting late but it's probably still better than the most effective tool Nike has ever had to date.

This sounds like a good system. Nike should look into it.

^^ Man who care but a small % of cats that save their sneaks to smell em. Most people where and throw them away once they are beat. I wouldn't mind aJordan id except for the fact that dudes would start busting the stupid fresh moves with the colors. Outside of that I'd be cool with it and some of thesecolors they make Mike in anyway look like garbage that dudes would do in id anyway.

nice shoe to ID. I may get a pair and I've never had a team Jordan shoe before

only reason I hope they dont ID number Jordans in the future is do to the massive amount of *****ing that would go down. I mean if people are still complainingabout "Nike Air" vs. a "Jumpman" on the back of a retro, i could only imagine the gripes with numbered ID's.
If that werent the case, I'd be all for it

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

If JB slapped the sigs on ID that wud kill the value of the ogs...

Not that I think it'll ever happen, but who cares if it kills the value? I don't collect, I wear my shoes, so I can honestly say it wouldn'tmatter to me. I know everyone's situation is different.

laugh.gif

Yall are actually gonna ID these?

One of the worst looking Team J's that I can think of

I've always liked these shoes, but $140? eh...
I was hoping to see some 12.5's or B'Loyals. This is a start though.
smile.gif

man, Gentry gave everyone some scraps and we all ate them... I don't want Air Jordans ever on id but at least give us some better model

i dont like these team elites....the shoe doesnt even look that good so making a custom one kinda sucks.....looks like a boot by timberland to me

JB needs to hire some employees with an education and an eye for style

this new #$*@ they drop just gets whacker and wacker all the time.........

I think this is a great way to sell the Team Js and to be honest was an inevitablity after the sucess Nike has had with the ID concept. As JB looks to grow andgrow it really always was just a matter of time before they got involved in this.

I too though would not like to see the numbered Js up there though, please just keep it to the Team products and maube Melo and CPs shoes....

Back
Top Bottom