++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

Love these.  Size 15s though.
embarassed.gif

Kapepper siting!!

Funny story - a while back I had come across a copy of "Irreverence Justified" in an eBay listing. The seller was asking for a ridiculous price. But, the item description was just the write-up from your blog entry plagiarized. The seller tried to give me some line about how rare this item is (granted, it is), but was just kind of being all around insuffereable. Basically implying that I didn't know what I was looking at. So, I responded along the lines of, "if you're so knowledgeable, how come you don't know enough to write up your own description of the item?"

I've had many similar experiences with North Face and Polo items over the years. It's hard to bite your tongue sometimes, because at the end of the day, anything that gives the seller more knowledge about the item is to your ultimate detriment. So, it does no good to show them how much you know. ...This train left the station in the sneaker collecting hobby about a decade ago, but where it can be preserved, it should. In fact, if this wasn't such a niche thread, I wouldn't even mention the item I was talking about on a public forum.

Last edited:
eBay chronicles part two - check this. Oh, I hope this kid is an NTer. There's just no pleasing some people. Everybody tells me I'm too nice, and I am. It still doesn't get you anywhere.

Peep this whole interaction.

Dear [BIP]

Have these been warned

- mwjr69

++

Dear [BIP]
These are new right

- mwjr69

++

Dear mwjr69,

Yes. I bought them as part of a group of DS older AM95s. I'm really more of an 11 in womens AM95s. But, I decided I'd give them a shot. I tried them on in my house, but they were too small. So, they've been sitting back in the box ever since.
- [BIP]

++

Dear [BIP],

These haven't been worn right
- mwjr69

++

THIS IS NOW THE NIGHT HE PAID AND I’M PREPARING TO SHIP THE NEXT DAY

Dear [BIP]

Are you saying these are not safe to wear

- mwjr69

++

Dear mwjr69,

Are you not famiiar with AM95s of this age? Any and all AM95s that are 10 or more years old should be considered wear at your own risk.

This was all stated very clearly in the listing.

The bubbles on this particular pair feel very firm, which is a good sign in terms of being wearable. But, I can't guarantee the wearability of any shoe with a phylon midsole that is 10+years old.
-[BIP]

++

Dear [BIP]

That doesn't sound good

- mwjr69

++

Dear mwjr69,

It is the truth about any Air Max 95 pre-2004 or so regardless of whether it is or isn't stated in the auction.

This looks like it's going to be a headache, one way or another.

Do you want me to just cancel the transaction? It appears you don't know much about buying older sneakers, and these kinds of transactions often end badly.

If you want to cancel, tell me TONIGHT and I'll do it.
- [BIP]

++

Dear [BIP]

If the bubbles are firm,we should be good

- mwjr69

+++

Dear mwjr69,

Ok. I'll ship out tomorrow then and update the listing with tracking - probably late afternoon.
[BIP]

++

TODAY. SHOES WERE SHIPPED MONDAY AND DELIVERED TODAY

Dear [BIP]
You never said once it was a tear on the right sole of the shoe

- mwjr69

+++
Dear mwjr69,

picture of what you are talking about?
- [BIP]

++

Dear [BIP]

Unbelievable
- mwjr69

++

Dear mwjr69,

There were no tears on the shoes. There were like 8 pictures of the shoes. Send me a pic of this alleged tear, or admit you are a scammer.

Dear [BIP],

You see wear I put the glue at

- mwjr69

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE DID TO THESE SHOES! MY BET, HE SAW WHAT HE THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE BEEN TINY SEPARATION, TRIED TO GLUE IT AND SCREWED UP THE WHOLE SHOE. HERE'S THE PIC HE SENT ME - IT'S DEFINTIELY SCREWED UP. HOW IT HAPPENED - THAT'S ANYBODY'S GUESS.

WE'VE SEEN A TON OF ESTABLISHED NTers TURN SCAMMER, SO I'M NOT REALLY GOING TO TRY TO PLAY THE, DO ANY OF YOU BELIEVE I WOULD DO THIS CARD? BUT, LOTS OF PEOPLE KNOW WHAT I'M SITTING ON IN MY COLLECTION, I'M GOING TO TURN SCAMMER FOR A $100 PAIR OF RANDOM AM95S? C'MON SON!

Dear [BIP],

I'm good you keep that, but don't try to play on my intelligence

- mwjr69

OH, HOW COULD I, AFTER THE WISDOM AND COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE HE’S DISPLAYED THUS FAR IN OUR INTERACTIONS. BUT, I’M AN HONORABLE DUDE ABOVE ALL ELSE. SO, WATCH THIS

Dear mwjr69,

I looked at the shoes and took a close-up pic of what I thought was the most questionable bubble - outer on left shoe.

I have 30-40 pairs of 95s. most from 97 - 01. I've had a lot of them crack on me, so I know the obvious things to look for.

There was no major crack like what the pic shows when I sent them. What happened? Did u wear them? Did u try to repair what looked like tiny separation and wind up damaging them more in the process? Bc there's no way I would send you out a shoe visibly in that condition like all was sweet.

I know u said "you can have that." But I don't want your money. I want u to be happy. My word is more important to me than $100.

I can't say that I want to take these back bc I don't believe that they looked like this when I shipped them. But I don't want you to think I'm trying to get over on you.

This is your size?

Gimme the weekend, ima go to storage and find something else your size to send you. Just a gesture to show I wasn't trying to screw u.
-[BIP]
++
Dear [BIP],

[EXPLETIVE] you keep the money, u have so many pairs. and you got rid of those, cause they were defective
- mwjr69

Man..thats why I can't sell stuff online..

Tried to sell some 4's..and turned out dude was one of those guys that claims you sent fakes and switches your authentics with fakes..
Just barely got my shoes back.

Dudes these day got no integrity

Man..thats why I can't sell stuff online..

Tried to sell some 4's..and turned out dude was one of those guys that claims you sent fakes and switches your authentics with fakes..
Just barely got my shoes back.

Dudes these day got no integrity

Dude is still messaging me.

I wish it still was the 90s, man. Back when these deals had to be hand to hand, and dudes like him would just have gotten duffed out and left without his cash or his kicks.

But now everybody is an expert and e-thug.

Funny thing is I bet dude would have pulled out when I gave him the chance if I didn't say, "you don't sound like you know much about buying older shoes." Dude didn't want to admit he was a noob (like I couldn't tell when he had to ask for clarification on wearability of 2002 AM95s. But, to save face, he was probably like, "nah, we good."

Same thing happened last time, I asked dude - you're not new to buying this kind of stuff right. ....No, no. Of course not. Then he's amazed when a 18 year old pair of Air Maxes don't hold up when he tries to wear them.

I foroot about this thread. Good to see its still going.

Haven't seen a Kapepper post in seems like forever.

Back
Top Bottom