Tech Heads: I need to get a new wireless router for the house

aight so i moved into a new pad, and am about to get my internet hooked up. what i need to know is, what's a good wireless router to get, nothing too fancy, just something good for fairly cheap. I'm tryin to save some $$ here...
laugh.gif

Thanks for the help NT...

Sorry I'm not going to be much help, but hope to get an answer for myself in here too.
laugh.gif

If my wireless router needs to be reset like 5x a day does that mean I need a new router?
nerd.gif
 I've had it a few years and it still works, but the whole disconnecting thing drives me nuts.

I'm also open to some router recommendations...

B001AZP8EW-1-sm.jpg

this is what i have: Amazon product ASIN B001AZP8EW
i have a NAS hardlined to it dling and streaming HD movies 24/7.. as well as 3 notebook/PCs & a ps3 via wireless.. no lag whatsoever.. 
pimp.gif

edit: this is a steal form Amazon @ $60 shipped, these joints easily run up to $100 @ Bestbuys & Frys'

so my wife can be on her laptop, while i'm downloading something on mine, while on xbox live? without any lags?

Originally Posted by proper english

B001AZP8EW-1-sm.jpg

this is what i have: Amazon product ASIN B001AZP8EW
i have a NAS hardlined to it dling and streaming HD movies 24/7.. as well as 3 notebook/PCs & a ps3 via wireless.. no lag whatsoever.. 
pimp.gif

edit: this is a steal form Amazon @ $60 shipped, these joints easily run up to $100 @ Bestbuys & Frys'

Is this the best for the money?

need it for the PS3 and laptop, I heard N is not that great with the PS3
nerd.gif

i recently bought that same netgear router and a few N usb adapters, working good for me so far.

Back
Top Bottom