technique, form, equipment to make squat bar less painful?

From my understanding squats are an excellent way to work many parts of your body but I tend to put them "last" on my workout list because the DAMNBAR IS SO PAINFUL on my shoulder blades Even with a cushion it bloody hurts ! and I tend to bruise on the area as well. Should I just man up and bang through?Or am I actually doing something wrong/ not doing something proper etc. ?

Grip the bar as close to your head as possible. This tightens your traps. I've never used a cushion or anything.

i dont think it should be THAT painful. u might just be positioning the bar wrong.

You're not putting the bar in the right spot. Move it up or down until it stops hurting. There should really be no pain involved, maybe just some pressurefrom the bar, but not pain if you do it right.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

From my understanding squats are an excellent way to work many parts of your body but I tend to put them "last" on my workout list because the DAMN BAR IS SO PAINFUL on my shoulder blades Even with a cushion it bloody hurts ! and I tend to bruise on the area as well. Should I just man up and bang through? Or am I actually doing something wrong/ not doing something proper etc. ?

It really shouldn't be painful at all. You're definitely doing something wrong. You gotta get someone who looks like he knows what he's doing atyour gym to watch how you're squatting/positioning the bar.

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Grip the bar as close to your head as possible. This tightens your traps. I've never used a cushion or anything.
Do not do this. The bar shouldn't be sitting on your neck or your shoulders, it should be just below your shoulders on the very top of your back.

I never said that - obviously it should be supported on your Traps, but you should move your hands as close to your head as possible so that it flexes yourtraps, giving the bar a solid resting place.

Eg:

squat-bar-position.jpg

Back
Top Bottom