Tenth anniversary of The Office (UK)

Ten years ago today "The Office" aired for the first time in the UK on BBC2.

Very nearly cancelled during it's first season due to low ratings it went on to become the most successful British sitcom ever & spawned the fantastic US remake as well as remakes in over 80 other countries.
I'm a huge fan of the US version, but obviously the original will always be best for me.

Any of you guys on NT seen the UK version?
Do you get the humor? Thoughts, fave moments, how does it compare to the American version?

Ten years ago today "The Office" aired for the first time in the UK on BBC2.

Very nearly cancelled during it's first season due to low ratings it went on to become the most successful British sitcom ever & spawned the fantastic US remake as well as remakes in over 80 other countries.
I'm a huge fan of the US version, but obviously the original will always be best for me.

Any of you guys on NT seen the UK version?
Do you get the humor? Thoughts, fave moments, how does it compare to the American version?

Definitely one of my favorite shows. I encourage anyone to watch it. It's on netflix and even Hulu I think.

Definitely one of my favorite shows. I encourage anyone to watch it. It's on netflix and even Hulu I think.

I just started watching the US version this season
indifferent.gif
.  It is so funny and I can't believe it took me this long to find it.  Need to see the UK version too.

indifferent.gif
.  It is so funny and I can't believe it took me this long to find it.  Need to see the UK version too.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

indifferent.gif

don't get your hopes up
grin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

indifferent.gif

don't get your hopes up
grin.gif
tired.gif

Gervais is brilliant and the UK was hugely influential for modern comedies.

I'm partial to the US version since I saw it originally. However it's decline after season 3 hurts the series, and if I saw the UK version first I'd probably prefer it to the American.

Gervais is brilliant and the UK was hugely influential for modern comedies.

I'm partial to the US version since I saw it originally. However it's decline after season 3 hurts the series, and if I saw the UK version first I'd probably prefer it to the American.

The UK version is awesome.  I have the box set with the Christmas Special.  The characters are great and Gervais does such a better job of playing the funny/ignorant/unaware boss than Carell does as the over-the-top idiot character.  The US Office was good for the 1st 2 seasons but fell off the cliff after that.

The UK version is awesome.  I have the box set with the Christmas Special.  The characters are great and Gervais does such a better job of playing the funny/ignorant/unaware boss than Carell does as the over-the-top idiot character.  The US Office was good for the 1st 2 seasons but fell off the cliff after that.

My favorite show I have ever seen. Everything about this show is perfect. Watch this clip starting 5:25.  Watch them look at each other at 6:19. Check out the look on Tim's face at 6:30! %+@@#+% perfect.

My favorite show I have ever seen. Everything about this show is perfect. Watch this clip starting 5:25.  Watch them look at each other at 6:19. Check out the look on Tim's face at 6:30! %+@@#+% perfect.

Back
Top Bottom