"That's D-Wade," Smith said. "He normally gets the calls down the stretch."

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I think Stern realizes that the first step to regaining the trust of the masses is to stop the clear favoritism Wade was receiving. You can call me a hater if you must, and if I fit the bill I'll be that. But Josh Smith isn't saying anything I personally don't know already and I'm sure there are countless others (pretty much anyone who has the ability to see) that feel the same way. Let the players play. Defense sucks in the league now not because guys don't want to give effort, but because they don't want to be penalized for giving effort. Flopping has replace legit defense, particularly in the post. Corey Maggette is another individual who comes to mind even though he's not as big of a star as Wade, he gets a lot of BS calls by following Wade's tactic: Drive and lean in with the shoulder and throw up a hook layup (as pictured above in this thread). It's gotten to the point that they actually make these layups with ease. It's like a guaranteed 3 point play as long as you make the free throw. But to reiterate my earlier point, I think that Stern will cut down on refs deciding games and will tell them to do like zebras are supposed to do: blend in and observe look out for predators (actual rule breakers).
/rant
And that was a great block by Smith.
this man speaks the truth!
D. Whistle & Corey Spaghetti
smh.gif

You're an idiot if you try and act like the world doesn't know Josh Smith.

You NEED to know who Josh Smith is, dude is a beast.

^ I'm not an idiot . Just messing around in a friendly manner with hawks fans.

You're the idiot for not knowing what I was doing. READ

come on man. you live in s. florida. you know how it is. the teams only get support when they are winning. that is fact.
By and large that unfortunately is true, but don't go clumping us all together either. That's just being stereotypical and ignorant(nothing personal).

Funny though, because if this were the EXACT same thread, just about a certain SG out on the west coast donning purple and gold, this post would have beenLOCKED UP in less than an hour, GUARAN-DAMN-TEED (I see you giggling at this thread in the background Ska).
laugh.gif

I still remember how most people denied Wade getting preferential treatment during the NBA finals and that Mavs fan posting his screen caps from his TV showingWade fouling Jason Terry
tired.gif

wadejt.jpg

You mean this? Marginal contact indeed, I'd play on, but again it's just the fact that Wade was getting these calls all series (including at the veryend of games) and Dallas wasn't.

If anyone is interested in reliving that series, TrueHoops by ESPN Blog recently did an interview with Bennett Salvatore (the one who made the game ending callin game 5, among others) about that series and a lot of the calls. I mean game 3,4, and 5 were described by 5 points. Wade shot 64fts in those games.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...he-Story---Crucified--in-the-2006-Finals.html

Ahh it never seems to amaze me how the SALTY ones come out to hate!!! Even though I live in Rhode Island born and raised in hollywood fl (broward countybaby).. Comin back soon.. I thought every1 down there was a heat fan?? Fooled me!! GO HEAT!!!

By and large that unfortunately is true, but don't go clumping us all together either. That's just being stereotypical and ignorant (nothing personal).
well maybe i'm bitter, because after what i witnessed in 2002, 2003, and 2004, i never give any miami fanbase the benefit of the doubt. neveragain. i didn't lose a bet to get this screename. i'm sorry, but when there are only about 150 real heat fans out there, they get made to look bad wheneverybody else jumps back on the bandwagon. it's hard to find a needle when it's surrounded by hay.

i wouldn't be here to hate if the bandwagoners didn't make me sick to my stomach. you're a good fan, it's the bandwagon jumpers who are theobnoxious fans that everyone hates.

Back
Top Bottom