The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think Kobe's Contract is a bit overblown. LAL wasn't getting anyone to sign there even if he took less money to begin with IMO. The Lakers just aren't a desirable place to sign right now and it has more to do with their supporting cast than Kobe, and that's going to be the issue when Kobe retires. They've gotta find a way to get decent in order to get a star player to come to LAL.

Chou take the good and the bad of any individual, no one is perfect. Attacking Kobe now is useless.

If he never got that contract the Lakers still wouldn't have signed anyone, after Dwight left it was done-so anyways. Let Kobe go on his Derek Jeter career ending run these final two seasons, hope Julius Randle learns their is more to basketball than one dribble spin moves, and start over.

That's it.

Last edited:
Old man bean going for top points scored then call it. 300 pts from MJ. Lakers had top revenue out of all the teams last year, and it wasn't even close (80 million iirc). Next year, after Kobes contract is up, I wonder what they'll re-sign him for if he doesn't retire.

Lakers definitely could and would have added better/more pieces had Kobe's contract not been so large.
It's still a desirable destination, saying it's not is a bit of an overstatement. It's LA.

Old man bean going for top points scored then call it. 300 pts from MJ. Lakers had top revenue out of all the teams last year, and it wasn't even close (80 million iirc). Next year, after Kobes contract is up, I wonder what they'll re-sign him for if he doesn't retire.

Personally think he won't make it through the two years fully. He'll retire sometime before then. One day he's going to wake up and see the Lakers 20 games below .500, surrounded by Average / Below Average NBA Players who are between the ages of 19 and 26, and think "It's time" and bounce.

With Kobe or without him the Lakers didn't have real shot with Lebron, George, Carmelo or Love

The only guy they had a real shot with was Dwight and hes a flake

The other stuff offered some food for thought. In essence, they basically said that Kobe's entire tenure with the lakers has been driven by selfish motives and he's alienated several people on his own pursuit of his legacy. He was just so talented that it didn't matter much.

I thought all that was pretty much known about him :lol: The article does make you think about what players he might've cost the Lakers during his prime, but it worked out for them for the most part.

He was just so talented that it didn't matter much.
This sentence is what has always summed up Kobe Bryant's legacy for me

He did so much (terrible shot selection, attitude on and off the floor, leadership etc.) that flew in the face of conventional wisdom but his supreme talent and dedication enabled him to not only get by but amass 5 titles.

Of course he had a ton of help along the way (he was probably one of the most helped NBA superstars off All-Time in terms of teammates and coaching), but in the end, no matter how much I criticize the man for all of his shortcomings his resume stacks up nicely. He isn't my cup of team at all but when I knock the man he can say he did it his way and it worked out.

Last edited:
On a semi-related note, Chris Palmer got an appearance on the Lakers' TWC show?

sick.gif

Why?
That whole channel been a cluster**** since day 1. Obviously they are going to be Laker centric with a Laker bias so I try to take it with a grain of salt. But god damn they have some awful personalities on there. Wish the Laker channel never happened and they just kept KCAL and Fox Sports. Liked that much better

everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, cant watch kobe carry this team for almost 20 years and complain that he's selfish at the end of his career when his numbers are dropping off (although there's no reason for that huge contract). Kobe is always going to think he's the best player in the world, thats what makes him great, thats what was a major factor to all five of our championships while he's been on the team. Sure you can say he's holding us back these last few years but over the course of his career only a handful of nba legends can say they have brought more value to an nba franchise. while i do blame the front office for kobe's contract, theres no reason to put the blame on kobe for his contract or his playstyle. thats just the way he is and thats what makes him one of the greatest of all time
Errrrr It was Shaq's team from 96-2004 bruh. Everyone knows that Bruh. Kobe was option 2 for the majority. He wasn't the main guy until 04-now and even then besides the two rings, his selfish behavior has limited his own success

Its gonna be a long & frustrating season for Kobe & Laker fans
Cant belee some cats talkin bout playoffs for em :lol:
Team is terrible, with a bad coach
Denver, Phoenix, Portland, New Orleans got a better chance at getting in.

Last edited:
Lol at all the typical hate. No respect.

I agree with a lot of the article but at the same time those before him did the same thing.

This weak *** crap Lebron is doing ruins the competitiveness of the game. Let's join super teams to win, ask for changes to relax more and have more handed to him.

Spurs know how to find talent hell even Cuban has built better teams than the Lakers since Buss sr. does.

To place it all on Kobe is silly this management without Jeanie making the calls is atrocious.

Lol at all the typical hate. No respect.

I agree with a lot of the article but at the same time those before him did the same thing.

This weak *** crap Lebron is doing ruins the competitiveness of the game. Let's join super teams to win, ask for changes to relax more and have more handed to him.

Spurs know how to find talent hell even Cuban has built better teams than the Lakers since Buss sr. does.

To place it all on Kobe is silly this management without Jeanie making the calls is atrocious.
How? Lebron believes in team work. Sacarfices to achieve dreams. Not selfishness. Too many prime years wasted by our Favorites trying to win it alone. You know how many years Mcgrady stuggled due to a bad cast? Vince? AI? KG? LOVE? Redd?

Byron just coaching for a check. Dude took two horrible jobs in a row. Thought he couldn't do worse than a lebron less cavs team but boy was I wrong

Last edited:
Haven't watched any preseason games so far but which rookie/s have been impressive?

Last edited:
Exum has shown flashes, Jabari has been getting better as the games go by, Shabazz, and Julius Griffin has been getting thrown under the bus by Byron Scott.

Everyone the Lakers need is on the injured list. It's preseason. Sky is falling. Hate to say it but Typical NT NBA thread. Group thoughts

Edit: Just looked at the injury report, I knew it was bad but I didn't know they had 6 players missing. Six

Last edited:
I was lurking Chris Palmer's twitter once he tweeted that the Jordan spizike is the second best jordan of all time

He has 8 days to release 23 more vids, and he doesnt do anything on the Weekends. Simmons is moving too slow.

I was lurking Chris Palmer's twitter once he tweeted that the Jordan spizike is the second best jordan of all time

makes sense. Since the Spizike is a made up parts of like 10 great Jordan models, why wouldn't it be better than all of them?

(Not remotely serious).

Cleveland's James Jones, who happens to serve as the secretary-treasurer of the National Basketball Players Association, says he doesn't support the reduction of minutes being that it will have a negative effect on the reserve players.
"If there's 44 minutes in a game and teams decide to play their starters the same exact way, you limit four minutes a game from a reserve," he explained "If you extrapolate that over a course of a season, you're talking 328 minutes. That's a lot when you're talking about value. I think anytime you start talking about shortening games, extending games, there has to be a thorough conversation between the league and the players. Limiting minutes has a bigger impact on reserve players."
"If you're talking about eliminating games, you're talking about something similar to the lockout shortened season where you still don't want to play a guy 40 minutes a game even if you're playing 60 games," Jones said. "The issue isn't to find a way to squeeze the exact same amount of minutes out of a guy over a 66-game season.

"What we're basically saying is that you can get a higher quality 32 minutes a game out of guy. A higher quality 36 minutes a game. We're talking about the quality of the opportunities. If a reserve plays 20 minutes over 82 games or over 66 games, he's still playing 20 minutes. It's different when you're talking about guys going from 20 minutes to playing to 15 in a shortened game. That's one-third of their opportunities."
As LeBron stated last week, Jones is in agreement with his superstar teammate that the consensus from players around the league would be to decrease the games on the schedule. There would be an overabundance of obstacles in the way of granting that request.

But this is a player's league and their well-being should be taken seriously regardless of the economics. This will surely be an ongoing debate that will not be rectified anytime soon.

"I would go as far to say if you ask players if they would be in favor in a reduction of games, if that reduction meant an increase in the quality of our product, I can say players would agree to it," said Jones. "But I get it. It's very, very complex, but we found a way to solve some very complex issues in the past and I'm pretty sure we can find a way to do it now. My position is after you examine everything, both sides need to sit down and talk about what is realistic, what's good and what makes the most sense."
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/10/cleveland_cavaliers_guard_jame.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom